Author Topic: Computer/Console Games  (Read 3153 times)

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Computer/Console Games
« on: January 20, 2010, 11:31:16 pm »
I play World of Warcraft :D

Does anyone play World of Warcraft too? Or any other games?

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Computer/Console Games
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 12:40:19 am »
I've been a hardcore gamer since NES. ;D

I've always gravitated towards RPGs and action RPGs but I haven't gotten the WOW bug. I did pick it up for my wife for Christmas and she seems to be enjoying it.

Right now I'm playing Viking: Battle for Asgard which I'm thoroughly enjoying. I've read a lot of complaints about it but for the $10 I spent it's been great. Very visceral and combines action and exploration in a similar vein to Fable. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline extralizard13

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 04:54:51 am »
I play World of WarCraft now and grew up on Blizzard's games. I loved WarCraft II (never played WCIII, weirdly--I read the book, Arthas, to get the full story, but will play it sometime), Diablo II, and StarCraft.

I loved my Playstation 1 a LOT, we still play it. I own a PS2. I have an N64, GameCube, and Wii. Gameboy Color and DS Lite. No Xboxes. Still have a Sega Genesis! We love playing Jeopardy on it. I like PC games a lot, but they don't sell them much in stores anymore. I'm oddly picky about games. It has to catch me in some way, but there's no real set genre I like. I do tend to go for strategies. Although I'm pretty bad at them, lol. I'm playing Sims 3 and Dragon Age on my boyfriend's computer (mine is too old to run almost any new games nowadays) and still into WoW. For the DSL and Wii, I have a lot of Cooking Mama and Trauma Center.

I'm a medium-gamer, I play and look at stuff a lot, but I rarely complete games within 10 years. (I still haven't completed Diablo II. I still play it, though. I'll play it for a while, my game will get erased, I'll get to the last stage by running through it, again, I'll forget about, the game will get erased, but I don't mind; I love it. I've been playing Crash Bandicoot 3, for the PS1, since it came out. Later on, I got 1 and 2. They DEFINITELY get their money's worth!) I have a friend who does the opposite. He buys a game for his PS3, plays until he completes it, then puts it on the shelf and never looks at it again.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 07:14:44 am »
I like collecting old games and want to sometime in the future try and collect every console ever and at least some games for them. My current gem is a Panasonic 3DO Goldstar model. N64 is my favorite console of all time, Goldeneye for it was my favorite game. I also liked Shadows of the Empire, Mario 64, MarioKart 64, Super Smash Brothers. My cousins like to play the new Super Smash Brothers for Wii. I have a Wii but it's at my mom's house, I haven't brought it over yet. My favorite mmorpg ever is the first ever, Ultima Online. I even found some free servers that emulate the older version of the game that I played on for a bit, before deciding the past is gone. Also I played quite a bit of Counterstrike 1.6 a few years ago. Most recently I got a copy of Katamari Damaci and enjoyed that quite a bit. For some reason I can't seem to find the time or motivation to sit down and play a game, but sometimes I have a longing to. To just be able to play a game a few hours every few days, and play it through without to many interruptions. Things always seem to come up.

Offline extralizard13

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 07:54:22 am »
I like collecting old games and want to sometime in the future try and collect every console ever and at least some games for them.

Horrible story, but my boyfriend's father had a Commodore 64. When the parents split up, the Commodore was left with his mother. She then sold it, not too long ago, for $30 to a co-worker.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 06:30:05 pm »
I only play PC games, I loathe the whole concept of playing online with others for various reasons, and console-games don't impress me with their simplicity. Trouble is that AI in games is still too limited in scope.

As for RPG games I'm still playing old PC games like Baldur's Gate and NeverWinter Nights etc. I also play Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis, Homeworld and other historical games involving war and strategy. I love all these games as they all have a very enthusiastic modding community which really add a lot of fun and enhanced challenge for long-time players.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk