Author Topic: Question about the Aajanous's meat  (Read 7329 times)

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Question about the Aajanous's meat
« on: January 31, 2010, 08:58:32 pm »
Is he consuming grass-fed meat or meat that is fed with organic corn ? Because from this video, it seems that he prefers chicken that is fed on organic Corn. http://www.youtube.com/user/byrne16#p/a/u/0/abg8l2Zs7d8

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Question about the Aajanous's meat
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 09:08:01 pm »
i can't imagine eating raw poultry, gross. Same with pork.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 09:16:46 pm »
AV doesn't seen to mention the issue of grassfed, he is merely concerned whether it's raw or not.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 09:17:01 pm »
i can't imagine eating raw poultry, gross. Same with pork.

I've tried raw organic poultry.
Used some sea salt to rub it and remove the slime.

I'm respecting the prohibition against pork by some cultures.  There must be something to it when the pork is raw.

I read / heard on radio somewhere he recommends grass fed and gets grass fed / organic.  On travel he knows where the grass fed sources are in the USA.  At times where there is no grass fed, he gets supermarket temporarily.  He says supermarket beef, don't eat the marrow.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 09:34:11 pm »
Why no marrow?

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 09:35:37 pm »
Exactly the same question. Why no marrow ? I was enjoying my Bosso Bucco today and ate the marrow which tasted great. It was like a butter what I could spread on the meat :P

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 10:09:49 pm »
Only supermarket marrow. Aajonus says not to eat glands/organs which are not organic.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 10:38:00 pm »
I remember Aajonus is of the opinion that the toxins in a commercially raised animal collect in the marrow and their organs.

So if you want marrow and organs, get grass fed.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 10:58:13 pm »
I've had grainfed raw marrow and it tastes so bland it's disgusting.Grassfed marrow is great, though.

Interesting that AV did recommend grassfed meats on the radio, I don't think he  mentioned it in his books(perhaps in the latest edition?)
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 11:04:36 pm »
I've had grainfed raw marrow and it tastes so bland it's disgusting.Grassfed marrow is great, though.

Interesting that AV did recommend grassfed meats on the radio, I don't think he  mentioned it in his books(perhaps in the latest edition?)

Interesting, my supermarket marrow tasted great also. Although I am suspecting the source to be grassfed.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 11:57:27 pm »

I see a lot of the cows around here grazing on grass all day.  I'm sure they're getting at least some hay and grain, but a lot are also eating a fair amount of grass.  I think a lot of the supermarket beef here is partly grass-fed.  I just wish there was an easy way to know which beef, and how grass-fed it is.

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 01:48:57 am »
I remember Aajonus is of the opinion that the toxins in a commercially raised animal collect in the marrow and their organs.

So if you want marrow and organs, get grass fed.

I would have guessed the opposite, that the marrow being much more vital to the long-term health of the animal would remain in better shape and closely resemble that of grass-fed marrow. I would also guess much of the toxins would be stored in the body fat of the animal as opposed to the marrow.

carnivore

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 03:26:01 am »
Better eat grainfed organs than no organ!

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 06:22:47 am »
I would have guessed the opposite, that the marrow being much more vital to the long-term health of the animal would remain in better shape and closely resemble that of grass-fed marrow. I would also guess much of the toxins would be stored in the body fat of the animal as opposed to the marrow.

Cow marrow IS fat.  He says the toxins get filtered through and store in a number of areas in addition to what's been said, and to definitely avoid the non-grassfed.

That being said, I've eaten Bell and Evans chicken livers (raw) from WF, and it was tasty.  I'm not sure how Bell and Evans feeds the chickens, but since they don't water chill and are sold at WF and taste ok, I assume they feed them pretty well.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk