Author Topic: Avocados for zero carb?  (Read 7055 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Avocados for zero carb?
« on: January 30, 2010, 11:07:30 pm »
Avocados are high in fat.
Not animal.
But will you consider it for zero carb diet?

Or is it more of animal meat being the most compatible food with our digestive system?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Avocados for zero carb?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 11:14:32 pm »
Avocados have 8.6g of carbs though 6.8 of that is fiber and only .3g sugar so they are close to zero carb. They aren't paleolithic, what vegetation is by the way? But definitely one of the best sources of vegetation that comes reasonably close to matching the macronutrient ratio of meat.

William

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 11:48:27 pm »
An experienced zero carber would have to try replacing fat or tallow with avocado, then see what happens.
Not me. ;)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 11:56:02 pm »
Avocados have 8.6g of carbs though 6.8 of that is fiber and only .3g sugar so they are close to zero carb. They aren't paleolithic, what vegetation is by the way? But definitely one of the best sources of vegetation that comes reasonably close to matching the macronutrient ratio of meat.

Actually, it depends on the variety. The large lowland avocado (with thin smooth green skin) is relatively low in fat, and comes from the warmer, sunnier lowland areas of Central America, particularly Guatemala.  It's often referred to in the US as the "Florida-style" avocado, because it is mainly grown in Florida. 

On the other hand, there's the smaller highland avocado (with thick, rough skin, that turns black when it's ripe) that is very high in fat.  This is the California-style avocado, which thrives in cooler temps than the Florida style.  The main variety is the Hass avocado.

There are many other varieties of highland avocado, like the Fuerte and Bacon varieties.  These are mostly only for sale in California.  They have thinner, smoother skin than the Hass variety, but are still relatively high in fat.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 01:44:42 am »
Dpn't try avocado on raw zero-carb. You'll find that, like with all other plant-foods, your digestive system will slowly fail to adapt to its digestion and then you'll get stomach-aches etc.., like I did.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 02:04:30 am »
I have no trouble digesting avocadoes, so it's ana individual thing.  They do tend to reduce your energy levels, so enjoy them in moderation.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 03:50:21 am »
from allergens.ifc.ac:

Others develop banana allergy because of the similarity between the allergens in banana and natural rubber latex (e.g. gloves, condoms, balloons) a condition known as the latex-fruit syndrome. Symptoms developed by these individuals comprise generalised urticaria, abdominal pain, vomiting and sometimes life-threatening symptoms. These individuals often develop adverse reactions to chestnut, avocado, mango and kiwi.

I read that the reason some 811ers give up avocado is not the fat, another of the reasons is latex allergies.  They try to promote that it's just that fat is bad, but that's not always true.  I don't know if any ZC's ever have latex allergies, but if they do or develop them, there you go.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

William

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 04:35:12 am »
Q - Why eat anything that contains allergens?

A - Get them carbs!

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 04:46:28 am »
Q - Why eat anything that contains allergens?

A - Get them carbs!

We have avocado, (ripe) banana, kiwi, cashew and mango probs in our family here at home.  I guess we may have latex allergies after all!  I think latex allergies are often discovered in the operating room.  Thankfully we have managed without operations.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk