Author Topic: Supplements  (Read 15574 times)

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Supplements
« on: January 28, 2010, 08:00:37 pm »
Tyler mentioned this in one of the threads

The paleonu guy hasn't a clue. Vitamin D for example can be easily gotten from a healthy diet of raw grassfed organ-meats or raw (wildcaught) seafood. processed supplements are a waste of time in the long-term as they compete with other substances and can thereby indirectly cause other nutritional deficiencies.

...well I thought you take supplements because you mentioned taking fishoil?

As for me, I just invested in krilloil

http://dilesta.com/

The capsules are make of

fish gelatin, glycerin and water

Should I eat this too? Should I open them (I tryed this but the krilloil is kind of thick and not easy to get out)?

What happens to the gelatin, glycerin - I'm not shore it's a good thing to eat glycerin - that's not paleo...

By the way, krilloil should be kept at room temperature.

Nicola

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Supplements
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 08:07:51 pm »
The krill-oil is cold-extracted. And I'm mainly taking it because of the studies done on omega-3 health benefits and the iris-lightening effect it appears to have. I also take freeze-dried raw adrenals and thyroid/brain solely because they are unavailable in the UK. These are not the same as highly processed vitamin D tablets.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 08:20:54 pm »
Just eat tons of raw fish lol, you dont need mercola moonshine ...

I prefer prawns  & fresh crab meat, & scallops

mercola can keep his krillkrap lol

BASICALLY if you CANT FIND grass fed chicken, eat freshly fished "flash frozen" fish or prawns & crustaceans, beats crappy chicken anyway, farmed fish like intensive farmed beef is diseased, stay away from it

& dont eat fresh water fish, as fresh water tends to dilute & concentrate pollutants rapidly, as the run off is alot slower, then ocean fished fish, yes tyler wont like that one lol ...

You COULD replace chicken eggs with cheap caviar ... or add them both

Raw eggs dipped in caviar yum ...

In fact caviar is most probably even more nutritious then regular eggs
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:31:01 pm by roony »

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 08:32:37 pm »
Hm... The Paleonu guy said it wasn't really a supplement, but a replacement. Since a lot of people don't get much sunlight, but paleo people would get lots of it? I dunno.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 08:35:57 pm »
Hm... The Paleonu guy said it wasn't really a supplement, but a replacement. Since a lot of people don't get much sunlight, but paleo people would get lots of it? I dunno.

You get tons of vitamin d from pretty much everything lol

vitamin d supplements are basically a scam

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 09:40:50 pm »
The krill-oil is cold-extracted.

So is that one that I am taking but my question was; what about the capsule - do you take it with the capsule (the capsule is not paleo)?

Nicola

carnivore

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 10:10:16 pm »
What is the most useful between krill oil and fermented cod liver oil ?

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 10:53:13 pm »
Neither raw fish is superior

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 11:07:53 pm »
Neither raw fish is superior

I agree with this.  The fat is in the skin so scrape the skin real well.  It's like my old tale with when my brother was terminally sick and our healer was with us and was in hysterics against me giving my brother fish oil capsules... she toned down when I agreed to just get raw tuna.  What do you know, she was right, in 24 hours my brother stopped shivering from a frightful freezing feeling.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 11:30:15 pm »
What is the most useful between krill oil and fermented cod liver oil ?

Old Dr. Mercola has quite a lot of information...also about taking Vitamin D Supplements

http://krilloil.mercola.com/krill-oil.html

http://products.mercola.com/faq/cod-liver-fish-oil.htm

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/12/23/important-cod-liver-oil-update.aspx

Nicola

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 11:34:18 pm »
Old Dr. Mercola has quite a lot of information...also about taking Vitamin D Supplements

http://krilloil.mercola.com/krill-oil.html

http://products.mercola.com/faq/cod-liver-fish-oil.htm

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/12/23/important-cod-liver-oil-update.aspx

Nicola

Only really beneficial if you're diets so poor, it responds to anything, even extracted oils, which are pointless, as the whole fish provides far more nutrition as a whole

Would you eat oil extracted from a cow, or the cow itself?

Extracting oils from fish & cows are both ludicrous lol

carnivore

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 11:48:56 pm »
I agree with this.  The fat is in the skin so scrape the skin real well.  It's like my old tale with when my brother was terminally sick and our healer was with us and was in hysterics against me giving my brother fish oil capsules... she toned down when I agreed to just get raw tuna.  What do you know, she was right, in 24 hours my brother stopped shivering from a frightful freezing feeling.

Or eat the skin!

Fish supplements are only useful for people eating grainfed animals, vegetable oils and no wild seafood.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 10:34:06 am »

My experience has shown me otherwise.  I have a lot of trouble either processing vitamin D from sunlight, or uptaking it, or something...I know that when I started taking D-3 softgels, I suddenly slept better, I was calmer, I didn't have plaque formation on my teeth, and my skin was in much better shape.  It really works for me. I have to get absolutely ridiculous amounts of sun to get the same effects, I'm talking full body exposure to direct summer sun for hours and hours daily.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 06:07:00 pm »
Well, I've been reading about studies confirming that higher levels of omega 3s improve concentration etc. And given that I spent decades of my life in ill-health with long periods of stress, it's always possible that I had some minor brain-damage that omega-3s in excess amounts could heal.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 02:23:51 am »

I'm also against of taking supplement. but one thing is for sure, when you take vitD, you feel the difference right away. i mean so far anyone i know, all of them like it. so what's that?
bugs or country chickens

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 02:31:44 am »
Well, I've been reading about studies confirming that higher levels of omega 3s improve concentration etc. And given that I spent decades of my life in ill-health with long periods of stress, it's always possible that I had some minor brain-damage that omega-3s in excess amounts could heal.

I'm pretty sure Omega-3s have the effect of calming the brain, in general.  I know I'm a lot calmer when I'm eating a lot of fish eggs.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 10:33:46 pm »
I'm also against of taking supplement. but one thing is for sure, when you take vitD, you feel the difference right away. i mean so far anyone i know, all of them like it. so what's that?

It's basically the rush of endorphins & adrenaline, as your body responds to the toxic waste most supplements are made of

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 06:23:01 am »
It's basically the rush of endorphins & adrenaline, as your body responds to the toxic waste most supplements are made of

Well, I get the same effects of being calm and being able to sleep a lot better from both vitamin D-3 softgels and extremely high amounts of sunbathing.  Would you call that a rush of endorphins and adrenaline?  l)

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 07:18:37 am »
Well, I get the same effects of being calm and being able to sleep a lot better from both vitamin D-3 softgels and extremely high amounts of sunbathing.  Would you call that a rush of endorphins and adrenaline?  l)

Obviously not, no adrenaline involved, if you're relaxing, endorphins perhaps, but ingesting isolated substances, especially vitamins, softgels or otherwise, as theyre out of their natural state will always cause disease

Offline Stephanie07

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 09:49:36 am »
These supplements serves as a support for the nutrition we are getting for the foods that we eat.
Spammer Signature Selling Krill Oil - but not on paleo diet. IP address shows it is posting from Philippines, not Germany.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 10:57:51 am »
Just eat tons of raw fish lol, you dont need mercola moonshine ...
mercola can keep his krillkrap lol
ROFLMAO
Mercola Moonshine....
Gotta agree with ya roony. Mercola, bless his pointed little head has bought into a system that I believe has created the food mess we are in now (reductionism) and he has found a way to capitalize on the problems it created. I doubt that he is intentionally milking the public as he probably believes what he says, but the sources that marketers like Mercola watch (like the stock market ticker tapes) change their tune depending on the latest research, which is normally funded by someone with one eye on the beaker and the other on their wallet.

I turned off the Mercola channel when I saw him
"Runnin for the shelter of her Mother's little Helpers"  :o
(Mick Jagger, The Rolling Stones) from the modern version of the soap box, the internet. A true snake oil salesman. "Step right up ladies and laddies, ah yes I have just the pill for you.....  ;D ;D "Watch your leukocytes tumble and fall off when......... blah blah blah. >D

Kinda reminds me of other health professionals (including Ayurvedic people, I am embarrassed) that implore you to take advantage of the health giving nutrients and "holistic" goodness of aloe vera in our all new scientifically derived micronutrient package of blah blah".

For heaven's sake go out buy a plant or steal one off the beach treat it kindly and swipe a leaf whenever the spirit strikes you and simply eat the whole darned thing.
Cheers
Al

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 05:47:34 pm »

As for me, I just invested in krilloil

http://dilesta.com/

The capsules are make of

fish gelatin, glycerin and water

Should I eat this too? Should I open them (I tryed this but the krilloil is kind of thick and not easy to get out)?

What happens to the gelatin, glycerin - I'm not shore it's a good thing to eat glycerin - that's not paleo...

I don't think anyone answered the original question of the poster. I am also wondering if gelatin and glycerin etc in capsules should stop me from taking vit d supplement. I am guessing that these unwanted ingredients are in such small quantities that any effect from them will be negligable and so we can just ignore them and not worry about them.

Or maybe it's worth the effort to remove the good stuff inside from the unwanted capsule before ingestion?

What you guys reckon?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 11:15:05 am »
I don't think anyone answered the original question of the poster. I am also wondering if gelatin and glycerin etc in capsules should stop me from taking vit d supplement. I am guessing that these unwanted ingredients are in such small quantities that any effect from them will be negligable and so we can just ignore them and not worry about them.

Or maybe it's worth the effort to remove the good stuff inside from the unwanted capsule before ingestion?

What you guys reckon?

I eat the vitamin D softgels by crushing them with my teeth, sucking out the oil inside, and then spitting out the gel capsule.  I doubt it makes a big difference, though.

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2018, 05:15:42 pm »
The fat is in the skin so scrape the skin real well.

what do u mean by scrape the skin real well? you mean to scrape off the fish scales really well and it the scale-less skin?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline LunarFey

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2019, 03:45:20 pm »
I currently take a vitamin D3 supplement topically (i rub it into my skin), and then I take a Vitamin K2 capsule. I just try to find the ones with the cleanest possible ingredients. For me rn, the majorrrr benefits I experience outweigh any minor negative effects from ingredients like gelatin. No matter how much fatty fish, fermented foods, organic liver, etc I consume I just can’t seem to get the same  improvements  I see while taking  a vitamin K2 supp so I roll with it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk