Author Topic: Eggs  (Read 7323 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Eggs
« on: January 27, 2010, 10:38:17 am »
Are eggs part of the RPD? Do any of you eat them and if you do how do you eat them? Do you chew them at all or just gulp them down?
Thanks
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline nicolegreen

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Eggs
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 11:07:34 am »
I eat them but rarely. I just crack the egg and bolt it down, sort of like a shot. The reason I don't eat them often is because I have this idea in my head - Eat the food as much as a forager would. I doubt our ancestors had eggs daily but probably more or less picked them up (food gathering) along the way.

William

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 11:12:26 am »
I eat 3 or 4 dozen egg yolks/week, reason is that I don't believe that any neolithic food is complete nutrition by itself.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 11:16:32 am »
I eat fertilized duck eggs when it is available.  We get them from far off Palawan. 
There's nothing to chew in it.  I relish the flavor of it and let it sit a few seconds before i swallow.
I just peal out a hole at the top and then drink from the egg like a cup.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 11:19:26 am »
I eat 3 or 4 dozen egg yolks/week

I eat that many too coz i don't have a better source of fat at the moment.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 12:48:32 pm »
    I don't take eggs all the time, but I did crack four free range eggs into a cup tonight, add a small dash of raw A2 milk and drink it.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 06:52:55 pm »
I eat them but rarely. I just crack the egg and bolt it down, sort of like a shot. The reason I don't eat them often is because I have this idea in my head - Eat the food as much as a forager would. I doubt our ancestors had eggs daily but probably more or less picked them up (food gathering) along the way.
  That's my view too. Besides, eggs, however raw, come 99.9% of the time from grainfed fowl. This is because in order to lay eggs all year round the birds must be fed on a diet very high in grains.

I eat raw eggs rarely. I nowadays avoid the egg-white because of the issues re avidin(I can't get hold of fertilised eggs in the UK).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 07:22:53 pm »
I too eat them rarely - only yolks without whites, sometimes with honey.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 10:05:13 pm »
Rarely here.  I feel eggs are the same as dairy to me. (not good)
That's not paleo.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 06:32:54 am »
Just so you know avidin binds with biotin but there is an abundance of biotin in egg yolks so it neutralizes this issue. Also is the U.S. at whole foods they sell grass-fed chicken eggs.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 09:41:49 am »
If you were to go to the farm where whole foods gets their eggs,  I'll bet you any amount those chickens aren't out on lush green fields, and that at least 80 percent of their calories or energy to lay an egg comes from grain.  Don't mean to be condescending, but rather would welcome any discoveries you may find.  For I might be wrong.    This time of year almost everywhere is green in Ca. but for over half the year, unless someone goes to the extent of irrigating pastures, not much green will exists nor the bugs that thrive in moist soil....  That's why I say always,  get your own chickens, if you have space and water.  There is nothing like a truly pasture, bug and sprouted grain fed chicken or duck egg.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 09:48:06 am »
 That's my view too. Besides, eggs, however raw, come 99.9% of the time from grainfed fowl. This is because in order to lay eggs all year round the birds must be fed on a diet very high in grains.

I eat raw eggs rarely. I nowadays avoid the egg-white because of the issues re avidin(I can't get hold of fertilised eggs in the UK).

You can get fertilised free range eggs, im in the process of ordering some

If you're looking for real eggs, you need to buy from cockerel run farms, where the cockerel fertilises the egg

Most eggs in the markets & stores, if you force feed a hen grain, it forces them to lay eggs, without being fertilised by a cockerel

Fertilised eggs, from cockerel run farms are completely different from supermarket or regular eggs, even organic, the worst eggs i've had were organic lol

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 10:50:15 am »
I think you're in england.  You don't have green grass this time of year.  So my point was that unless you're ordering your eggs from southern parts of europe, your eggs are from chickens that are eating primarily grain.  That's all.  I have a rooster, he did little to change the quality of the eggs from my chickens.  I have heard that supposedly they're easier to digest or something, but didn't notice any difference.   You can tell the degree of how much green a chicken eats as it shows directly in the deep color intensity of their yolks.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 07:17:36 pm »
I think you're in england.  You don't have green grass this time of year.  So my point was that unless you're ordering your eggs from southern parts of europe, your eggs are from chickens that are eating primarily grain.  That's all.  I have a rooster, he did little to change the quality of the eggs from my chickens.  I have heard that supposedly they're easier to digest or something, but didn't notice any difference.   You can tell the degree of how much green a chicken eats as it shows directly in the deep color intensity of their yolks.

Good point, but fertilised, that is eggs created by the semen of cockerels, is far healthier then those forced grain to lay eggs, because of the semen involved

Chickens can lay eggs without semen, if you force feed them

Grass is also not seasonal, it grows all year round, its simply too cold for the animals to forage in

William

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 10:42:19 pm »

Chickens can lay eggs without semen, if you force feed them

I suggest that instead of "force feed", "deny" fits the practice better, as they are denied the natural omnivorous diet in order to prevent them from reverting to their wild jungle fowl form and function.
This is my guess as to how the neolithic age was created and maintained, since if we eat what we think is the natural paleolithic diet for us, we revert to paleolithic health.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk