Author Topic: Reading & Typing Faster when i semi-fast ...  (Read 3991 times)

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Reading & Typing Faster when i semi-fast ...
« on: January 28, 2010, 11:51:24 pm »
After two days of eating & snacking the odd prawn, about 12 a day & very minimal water, about 3 or 4 glasses a day

My reading speed is insane, i can read a whole page in under a minute & my typing speed is alot faster ...

I basically ate tons of liver & kidneys , about 150g of liver, & 100g of muscle meat before the fast, i basically couldnt be bothered to eat for a couple of days, i'm getting some interesting results

I can think alot clearer & retain alot more when i read, it does make you a bit light headed

I use my own speed reading techniques, ive developed over the years, & this fast boosted my speed reading from 2 minutes a page to under a minute a page

I might semi fast regularly because of this ... interesting stuff

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Reading & Typing Faster when i semi-fast ...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 02:37:38 am »
Moved to off-topic forum.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 03:57:15 am »
Didnt know, fasting was off topic, np

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 04:30:51 am »
Fasting is off topic I guess. I used to binge on SAD foods a lot, especially when raw vegan, and stuff like typing would sometimes increase in speed. Much like the hyper activity you can get from some drugs. So I think temporary physical changes like that, whether they seem good or bad, can be side effects of something bad going on. Scarface was able to take a lot of gun shot wounds at the end of the movie because he was on lots of cocaine. Likewise, when transitioning to a raw paleo diet people may experience temporary brain fog and the like.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 04:33:10 am »
Interesting, im guessing our adrenaline & endorphine kicks in, as part of our self preservation, when we fast

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 05:10:24 am »
Since you are starting lots of new thread you might want to consider starting a journal where you can freely write  all of your thoughts. The whole board can benefit by having the collection of your ideas in one place.

William

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 06:39:46 am »
Interesting, im guessing our adrenaline & endorphine kicks in, as part of our self preservation, when we fast

Dr. Bernarr says the God Within kicks in and starts healing if we fast with our eyes closed.
http://www.healself.org/

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 06:59:07 am »
Dr. Bernarr says the God Within kicks in and starts healing if we fast with our eyes closed.
http://www.healself.org/

I saw him too much on the vegan boards.  He was never really of any help.  He would talk and talk to himself.  He didn't seem to "hear" anything.  I would like to know if he is raw paleo or any kind of paleo.  I'm glad if he can help some people.  His talk was worse than useless to me.

Didnt know, fasting was off topic, np

Maybe it's typing that's off topic, or speed typing.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

William

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 07:07:08 am »
  He would talk and talk to himself.  He didn't seem to "hear" anything.  I would like to know if he is raw paleo or any kind of paleo.  I'm glad if he can help some people.  His talk was worse than useless to me.

He sells himself, so in public a salesman doesn't listen. Different in private consultation.

Maybe it's typing that's off topic, or speed typing.

Or speed reading?  ;)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 08:12:16 am »
He sells himself, so in public a salesman doesn't listen. Different in private consultation.

He was an annoying salesman for the most part.  He and I did write back and forth privately.  He was no better.  Has he given you personalized good advice or kind words that were of help?  If so, that's great!  I'll be happy to say there is someone I know of that he has helped. I really would like to hear that he did that well, with you. Up until now no one has told me that they got a good private consult from him.  

I don't dispute that him saying to lay down in the middle of a heart attack and close one's eyes might not be the best advice.  There was nothing else besides that, that I read from his public health posts that I needed to learn.  His holiday messages are interesting.

What does he charge again?  $10.00/minute?

Maybe it's just that everyone else was conversive and caring.  I came away with friends I still email with today, even though we were all vegan then.

I've already long term water only fasted a handful of times anyway.  I prefer word of mouth by someone's clients, or them telling me in person eye-to-eye.  I bet he wouldn't have the nerve.  I think I would have to punch him anyway.

He acts like life is some kind of magic where you point and press, and mountains zoom across the universe.  If they don't, you're not human or something.  

There are a number of kinds of salesman.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk