Author Topic: Euphoria  (Read 7207 times)

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Euphoria
« on: February 21, 2010, 09:48:30 pm »
Heya

I just shot around 15 beautiful ducks the other day and just finished eating the organs of the first one a long with the stomach contents and I feel so euphoric. It's like nothing I've ever felt before

Just wanted to share!
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Euphoria
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 11:25:54 pm »
    What did the stuff in the stomach look like?  Half digested insects?   I'm glad :) you're feeling great.  What kind of bullets or arrows did you use?  I want to learn to hunt.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 12:31:31 am »
Nah it was full of half digested plant matter

I used my remington shotgun and beretta rifle.

Although killing ducks with bow and arrow is possible it's definitely not recommended. It's hard enough as it is with guns :)
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 12:34:33 am »
what do you do with the feathers?
is the meat fatty and greasy and delicious?
did you eat the brain?
do you have a dog to retreve the birds? did you shoot them in the air or water?
is this a lot of questions? i am very curious about hunting
i have come across quite a few deer lately and two roadkill deer but no way(besides dragging) to haul them home

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 03:11:52 am »
what do you do with the feathers?
is the meat fatty and greasy and delicious?
did you eat the brain?
do you have a dog to retreve the birds? did you shoot them in the air or water?
is this a lot of questions? i am very curious about hunting
i have come across quite a few deer lately and two roadkill deer but no way(besides dragging) to haul them home

You just pull the feathers off

Yes the meat is very fatty. It has a sort of dark yellowy look and it's very buttery and melts in your mouth.

I don't eat duck brain, it's very small and well it's just not worth the trouble.

I don't have a dog to retrieve the bird.

I walk miles and miles to sneak up on them while they swim in the river during the day time. Once dusk hit's I put up decoy ducks and call them with my duck call flute and they fly over me and I shoot them.

Then I just swim in the water or the river to retrieve them. It's very refreshing.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 03:14:16 am »
Also you will need a hunting license. And you can't just shoot any beast you see, you'll need permission from the land owner etc. There's a lot of bureaucracy around shooting which is a pain in the ass. But if you got your own land like me it's no problem.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 04:14:18 am »
I'd probably like to hunt with spear, bow/arrow, dagger etc if I was going to do it.

What do people think about urban-wildlife? Pigeons, rodents etc..?

I don't know which religion(Islam?) it is, but the one that doesn't eat pigs, it's because they roamed the streets eating the people's scraps and garbage so they considered them not healthful to eat. I'd think it'd be the same with pigeons and rodents, etc..?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 04:29:46 am »
that is awesome thanks for answering my questions
i thought perhaps you saved the feathers for whatever reason, i have a ton at my house i always collect them
i am sure duck feathers are waxy

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 07:37:07 am »
I'd probably like to hunt with spear, bow/arrow, dagger etc if I was going to do it.

What do people think about urban-wildlife? Pigeons, rodents etc..?

I don't know which religion(Islam?) it is, but the one that doesn't eat pigs, it's because they roamed the streets eating the people's scraps and garbage so they considered them not healthful to eat. I'd think it'd be the same with pigeons and rodents, etc..?

Yeah, I'd love to be hunting with a spear/bow and arrow. But it's not gonna happen to be honest. Hunting wild game is hard enough as it is. Sometimes I spend a week hunting and I end up with nothing. There was also a very long period where I was learning how to the game behaves in a particular zone. You've got to learn their patterns and react according to that.

Perhaps if you lived in australia/africa/alaska where theres lots and lots of wildlife you could survive with primitive hunting tools but not anywhere else. And you'd have to be a full time hunter.

as far as urban wildlife goes.. I'd only eat it if starving.. It's too much of a wild card for me, I don't know much about such meats, so I wouldn't risk it. It might be fine though.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 07:41:58 am »
that is awesome thanks for answering my questions
i thought perhaps you saved the feathers for whatever reason, i have a ton at my house i always collect them
i am sure duck feathers are waxy

You're welcome

I have to check it out. You might be able to stuff a pillow with it or something. But it's probably too rough.

Once I hunt more seal I'll have something made out of that

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 08:06:50 am »
Heya

I just shot around 15 beautiful ducks the other day and just finished eating the organs of the first one a long with the stomach contents and I feel so euphoric. It's like nothing I've ever felt before ...
I noticed twice that I got the euphoria when I ate a lot of grassfed beef liver or deer liver at one sitting. I also usually get it when I eat my grassfed ground beef and suet.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 09:28:20 am »
Yeah, I'm not sure what causes it? Maybe it's like a sugar rush from all the glycogen in the liver or something

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 03:00:50 am »
Yeah, I'm not sure what causes it? Maybe it's like a sugar rush from all the glycogen in the liver or something

Maybe because of Vitamin A and selenium which speed up thyroid.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 07:17:40 am »
Maybe because of Vitamin A and selenium which speed up thyroid.

Interesting.  I was diagnosed too hypothyroid, but when I included food with real Vitamin A in it, not carotene, my thyroid diagnostics made improvement.  My thyroid was not slow years ago when I ate wheatgerm, sunflower seed sprouts and other mineralful foods like that.

Selenium is a trace mineral that is essential to good health but required only in small amounts. It helps synthesize antibodies; helps synthesize co-enzyme Q10and helps transport ions across cell membranes. The best sources of selenium are Brazil nuts, wheat germ, molasses, sunflower seeds

I was hyPERthyroid at that time though, it seems, and euphoric maybe too.  I like the feeling and energy without those two foods though, and with RAF.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk