Author Topic: Primal Diet How-To Prepare Raw Foods DVD  (Read 6723 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Primal Diet How-To Prepare Raw Foods DVD
« on: February 02, 2010, 12:31:44 am »
Here's a short excerpt from a standard Primal Diet DVD which you can buy from hilarion.com:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U-lLCdQ4Dc&feature=related
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Primal Diet How-To Prepare Raw Foods DVD
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 07:10:23 am »
Cool. I don't want to sound superficial but if that was a more attractive looking person who had a better on screen personality, and the background music and general production was less corny and more hip, it would be way better for the movement.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:00:42 am »
If movement is the problem try adding more butter to your diet. In extreme cases try Exlax. (sorry couldn't resist)
I found it very informative but would have like to seen more recipes but overall it was very informative and the info on how to buy, skin and juice a coconut was worth the price of admission. It is so easy now. For someone who is away from areas where others can show them things it is a bonus.
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 07:26:59 am »
Does Aajonus teach that you should only suck eggs out of the shell? If so, why?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 07:29:39 am »
Not sure if he teaches it but I believe he mentioned somewhere that whipping it causes gas to be trapped and may cause stomach discomfort in some people. I have heard people who whip eggs and have gotten stomach problems.
Cheers
Al

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 04:35:13 pm »

Sucking eggs out of the shell is meant to prevent the oxidation of some enzymes and improve digestion.

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 06:50:23 pm »

He writes that you shouldn't beat yolk and white together unless you do so with some dairy fat. Otherwise any way of consuming an egg with the yolk intact should be ok I guess.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 08:40:41 am »
Sucking eggs out of the shell is meant to prevent the oxidation of some enzymes and improve digestion.
OK, I'm new to this aspect of the Primal approach, so could you explain why oxidizing high meat is good but oxydizing eggs is bad? Thanks.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 09:02:53 am »
yeah, I've never understood the rational of the egg sucking thing. Not that there couldn't be some benefit in doing so, but that eggs feature prominently in various recipes and such, and he recommends for some to add whole egg to Veg juices. So I would assume this would evolve breaking the yolk to mix, at least that is how I do it. Also he recommends a long (6 week+) fermented cracked egg, but there could be a difference between the oxidation of that, and the everyday nutrition of the egg consumption.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 09:13:03 am »

I suck em out of the shell because I don't want to wash any dishes.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk