Author Topic: Sunbathing boosts testosterone  (Read 7165 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Sunbathing boosts testosterone
« on: February 03, 2010, 07:10:59 pm »
Like many men I loathe sunbathing but this gives me pause for thought:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7127197/Sunbathing-boosts-mens-sex-drive.html
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

alphagruis

Re: Sunbathing boosts testosterone
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 07:38:49 pm »
Like many men I loathe sunbathing but this gives me pause for thought:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7127197/Sunbathing-boosts-mens-sex-drive.html

Fortunately most people including myself are fond of sunbathing. It has certainly many other positive effects and becomes a very safe practice when on RPD. Sun induced skin cancer is of much much less concern than when on SAD.

Notice that it boosts women's sex drive, too  ;)

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 08:06:54 pm »
Sun induced skin cancer is of much much less concern than when on SAD.

I think that's wishful thinking.

alphagruis

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 08:42:53 pm »
I think that's wishful thinking.

I don't think so. Firmly based on my personal (as well as others on RPD) very striking observations and experience (11 years on 100% RPD, no more sun burn, very clear feeling of when sun exposure is enough etc.)

Skin cancer is apparently the result of the presence of cooked neolithic diet toxins in skin that impair seriously natural protection mechanisms against sun irradiation rather than just the result of sun irradiation by itself.

Do you think our paleo ancestor's skin was not amply exposed to the sun?

Can you provide any personal experience on RPD that contradicts mine?

« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 08:48:06 pm by alphagruis »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 09:43:00 pm »
Well, I used to think that I was protected against full-blown sun-exposure while on RPD because of my experiences on the Italian coast, but in the most recent couple of years, going into the mountains in the Alpes Maritimes did not protect me 100%(though I was far better off than in my pre-RPD days when I would be seriously sunburnt).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 09:51:38 pm »
Can you provide any personal experience on RPD that contradicts mine?

No i can't. I just don't think any diet could protect us from serious sungazing. I mean, say you were sungazing in the southern most city of Chille where skin cancer is insanely high because of the huge hole in the ozone layer.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 10:00:47 pm »
Fortunately most people including myself are fond of sunbathing. It has certainly many other positive effects and becomes a very safe practice when on RPD. Sun induced skin cancer is of much much less concern than when on SAD.

Notice that it boosts women's sex drive, too  ;)

I'm not scared of skin cancer, although I know it is good to be cautious in some ways, like eating a good diet and maybe using a natural moisturizer if necessary.

I must have really low testosterone; because I've never been able to sunbathe except during fasting on water only or fruit.  Maybe I could now, but I just haven't tried.

As far as sunbathing for color, people say I have good color, so I don't think about that at all really.

Anyone find articles on any benefits for moon-bathing?

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

alphagruis

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 10:17:01 pm »
Well, I used to think that I was protected against full-blown sun-exposure while on RPD because of my experiences on the Italian coast, but in the most recent couple of years, going into the mountains in the Alpes Maritimes did not protect me 100%(though I was far better off than in my pre-RPD days when I would be seriously sunburnt).

I agree. We (european white caucasians ex SADieters) cannot apparently stay in the sun the whole day long, stark naked. Yet our sun tolerance increases drastically on RPD and as I said I personally can now fairly well feel when enough is enough i.e. before any serious damage takes place. Maybe after a few generations in sunny environments our tolerance would further improve.

Probably black people can do it when on RPD.

In this respect, I was struck when once sailing in the West Indies to repeatedly meet black people in several islands (Martinique, Barbados, St Vincent...) eating the usual cooked neolithic crap that were almost as seriously sunburnt as white people can sometimes be there.  

alphagruis

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 10:38:28 pm »
No i can't. I just don't think any diet could protect us from serious sungazing. I mean, say you were sungazing in the southern most city of Chille where skin cancer is insanely high because of the huge hole in the ozone layer.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if the people there switched to RPD. By now they are most likely all on SAD and I have really many reasons to believe that this is a very crucial factor in the local high skin cancer incidence. Besides the higher impinging ultraviolet radiation. 

alphagruis

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 11:08:10 pm »

I must have really low testosterone; because I've never been able to sunbathe except during fasting on water only or fruit.  Maybe I could now, but I just haven't tried.

From the article linked to by TD it is not clear whether the effect of sunbathing on testosterone level is just due to vitamin D synthesis and subsequent increased level or more subtle unknown effects.

If it's just a matter of vitamin D level in blood, the same effect may be obtained by ingestion of sufficient vitamin D in diet. Testosterone as other sexual hormones also derives from cholesterol. In principle a diet rich in animal fat and organs provides both.   

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 11:21:25 pm »
    Anyone find articles on any benefits for moon-bathing?

rawzi i like the way you are curious:)
there are many articles(easily googleable) about the benefits of regulating ovulation and increasing the opportunity to conceive by fullmoon bathing or replicating a full moon by sleeping in a lit room for three days while it is at its most reflective..

hydration, proper diet and plenty of fat in the diet seem to be all is necessary to promote healthy skin that will not fall victim to "sun burn"....one must work up to having tough and exposed enough skin and then continual exposure insures that there will be no point of excess exposure unless in extreme climate such as high altitude with snow reflection or parts of the world where the ozone is lessened further...although i know some people are genetically so fair they burn in 15 minutes in the gentile light of spring, perhaps they should submit themselves to a life in a cave or under a rock as there is no hope for them<jokes!

just work up to it and keep your exposure constant...although when i was younger i sustained full body burns, knee burns that blistered, bleed and scarred, face and eye burns that kept me inside for weeks each time(snowboarding in july at 10,000 ft) my face was completely bilstered, pretty blind, peeled off like thick leather, i have little, if any, signs of damage...dont have the best genetics, "skin cancer" on each side, slightly darker people though, but i keep my sun exposure to a maximum and bathe at least 45 minutes a day, sun permitting even through the winter and keep my clothing to a minimum i no longer sustain any ill effects from the sun

although this site is on iridology, he does explain the importance of our skin as a purifying organ and i agree with a lot of his practices for proper skin health
http://www.irisandyou.com/the-scurf-rim.htm
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:13:02 am by jessica »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk