Author Topic: Nunavut Inuits eating raw trout and raw caribou liver in the tundra  (Read 18312 times)

William

Re: Nunavut Inuits eating raw trout and raw caribou liver in the tundra
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 06:00:31 am »

Do you have a source you can direct us to? Bear in mind that the stomach contents are partially fermented, which might make them more digestible.

No, but who needs it?
I tried completely fermented raw milk, did me no good, and that's a far more likely candidate for making food by fermentation than what caribou eat.

Have you not noticed that movies are loaded with propaganda?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2010, 09:14:39 am »
Like I said, I'm not saying we should necessarily eat what the Inuit eat, so I have no plans to eat caribou stomach contents, which is not possible where I live anyway.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

alphagruis

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 06:20:44 pm »
I also eat wild boar meat. But it is checked by vets. What about your meat?

It is in principle checked by vets except when I buy it directly from a hunter. I also intend to hunt myself in future.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2010, 02:41:07 am »
Here is a french report about inuit hunters in the tundra.
You can see at 9:20 inuits eating fresh raw trout and at 13:00 inuits eating the fresh liver of a killed caribou with the content of the stomach.

http://plus7.arte.tv/fr/1697660,CmC=3042552,scheduleId=3016548.html

I don't seem to see the film at the link. Has it moved or am I missing something?
Cheers
Al

carnivore

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 03:59:41 am »
I don't seem to see the film at the link. Has it moved or am I missing something?

The film is no more available unfortunately.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk