Author Topic: Keith's Journal  (Read 33854 times)

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Keith's Journal
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2008, 01:51:08 am »
Well, I often get constipated. It'll feel like I have to poo, but nothing will happen.
And then the times when I do poo, it's hard to get out and the stools are quite small. It feels as if I should be passing much larger stools considering the amount I am eating.

However, the other day I ate a large piece of raw liver, and shortly thereafter I had diarrhea (a whole lot came out all at once  -[) and I felt very cleansed. The next time I went poo after that, it was a normal movement. That was yesterday, and I haven't gone since then.

Perhaps I am not eating enough organs for the amount of muscle meat/fat that I am eating? Would that be something that could make a difference, or could it be coincidence?

(sorry for all the details, but you did encourage me to talk about "deep down problems" lol!)

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2008, 04:54:31 am »
Well, I often get constipated. It'll feel like I have to poo, but nothing will happen.
And then the times when I do poo, it's hard to get out and the stools are quite small. It feels as if I should be passing much larger stools considering the amount I am eating.

However, the other day I ate a large piece of raw liver, and shortly thereafter I had diarrhea (a whole lot came out all at once  -[) and I felt very cleansed. The next time I went poo after that, it was a normal movement. That was yesterday, and I haven't gone since then.

Perhaps I am not eating enough organs for the amount of muscle meat/fat that I am eating? Would that be something that could make a difference, or could it be coincidence?

(sorry for all the details, but you did encourage me to talk about "deep down problems" lol!)

I do not think that organs are the answer to how, when and what passes threw or even to "better" health; you should find out as much as you can by following what other "meat and water" paleos have to say (Lex has even had his word of wisdom...):

http://www.livinlowcarbdiscussion.com/showthread.php?tid=1514&page=2

Charles will start a new sight on "zero carb meat and water".

I don't know how stools can be hard on raw meat and you are not eating cheese...perhaps you need more fat? Perhaps some marrow with your muscle meat?

Don't worry poo is part of all humans (animals) and every body believes the next person understands things better; I bet many have problems/questions and don't own up to them.

Nicola

Offline Kristelle

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2008, 06:31:35 am »
In my case, I was constipated due to fat malabsorption.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2008, 07:02:46 am »
Do you still have fat malabsorption? If not, how did you fix it?

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2008, 07:26:28 pm »
Pleaase?  ;D
I could really use some help here!

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2008, 08:58:09 pm »
I've had fat malabsorption (fatty runny stools not constipation) especially at the first year or so and disappeared when I went raw carnivore. I think for there were 2 causes, the first cause was over eating which I tend to do and I think is just natural especially with an over abundance of food like we have.

The second and which I think more likely was the culprit was from too much of the wrong gut animals from eating way to many carbs and fruit.

Mine came back the other day and I still can't decide whether it was from eating too much/ because I cheated earlier that day or detox ???

also for the first year so I would not digest the the chewy bits of suet, this fixed it self over time.

Constipation can also be some sort of liver detox IMO.

Andrew
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2008, 12:40:59 am »
Well, my order from Tropical Traditions arrived today...
a smorgasbord of grass-fed bison organs, including many organs I've never tried from any animal.
I got:
Tongue
Liver
Spleen
Adrenals
Kidneys
Thymus glands
Pancreas
Thyroid glands
and Heart

I can't wait to try them all!

It was sold as pet food. Ha.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2008, 08:44:59 am »
today wasn't the best day...

i was at work and I sliced my finger open with a knife...
had to go to the ER and get 5 stitches in my finger.

Totally sucks, as I don't know how long it'll be before I'm able to play guitar or piano again. Plus I'm not sure how it will affect working out.
The stitches have to stay in for 10 days.
 :(

Satya

« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2008, 08:51:03 am »
Oh shit, that sucks, Keith!  This kind of thing does happen.  But to a musician ...  :(  Which finger was it on which hand?  Can you flip people off better now at least?   ;D

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  And might I suggest going to watch musicians and supporting them while you nurse your finger?  Probably better than being frustrated about it alone, eh?

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2008, 08:54:12 am »
It's on the ring finger on the left hand (a fretting finger  :( ). And no, haha, I can't flick off better... worse actually because my ring finger is heavily bandaged so it inevitably sticks out.

That's a good suggestion... probably will do that!

Satya

« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2008, 09:10:03 am »
How long have you been playing the piano?  My brother teaches piano full time.  I never learned.  But I can sing on a good day.  I am a good audience for performances, anyway.

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2008, 01:59:28 pm »
today wasn't the best day...

i was at work and I sliced my finger open with a knife...
had to go to the ER and get 5 stitches in my finger.

Totally sucks, as I don't know how long it'll be before I'm able to play guitar or piano again. Plus I'm not sure how it will affect working out.
The stitches have to stay in for 10 days.
 :(

just fill in the fingertip with crazy glue to play , youll be fine! ;)

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2008, 01:50:59 am »
well thankfully it wasn't very long at all before I was able to play both instruments again.
Piano I can play just fine, and guitar with only a little hindrance.

On another note, I'm kind of annoyed.
I asked my roommates at the beginning of the year if they would be buying any freezer foods,  because if they were then I could buy myself a small freezer to keep all of my meat in.
They said they wouldn't be, so I was able to not buy a freezer and use the one that's in the kitchen.
I have a large order coming from Slanker's tomorrow, and last night I open the freezer and one of my roommates bought a whole bunch of freezer foods. Now I don't know where I'm going to put my meat that's coming tomorrow that won't fit.
</rant>

it's all good though, something will work out

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2008, 12:43:03 am »
I just got back from the gym for the first time in over 2 weeks, since I injured my finger.

DAMN does it feel good!!  :D

I didn't lose any strength at all, in fact I felt stronger than ever.
I attribute this fully to my RPD diet.
I love this diet so much!
And I love all you guys as well!

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2008, 07:32:08 pm »
I'm especially loving the apparent heightened resistance to cold weather that this diet is bringing me...
I was outside this morning in nothing but mesh shorts and a white undershirt, while other people I saw were all bundled up.
It's like, I know that it is cold and I feel that it is cold, but it just doesn't bother me.
Perhaps it's in my head, but oh well... doesn't really matter since we all know sickness isn't caused by exposure to cold weather anyway.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2008, 09:09:45 am »
I'm doing a low-carb/zero-sugar experiment.

I've cut out fruits and honey from my diet for the time being.
I will still be eating green leaves like heart of romaine and spinach, which have a small amount of carbs, but no sugar. Other than that, it's meat, fat, and organs.

I figure I'll try this out for a week or so, and see what I decide from there.
Tomorrow will be day three of zero-sugar.
Not bad so far. I feel fine, in fact today I had a very steady level of energy.
No cravings for carbs at all today, but had small cravings yesterday.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2008, 09:58:49 pm »
I'm doing a low-carb/zero-sugar experiment.

I've cut out fruits and honey from my diet for the time being.
I will still be eating green leaves like heart of romaine and spinach, which have a small amount of carbs, but no sugar. Other than that, it's meat, fat, and organs.

I figure I'll try this out for a week or so, and see what I decide from there.
Tomorrow will be day three of zero-sugar.
Not bad so far. I feel fine, in fact today I had a very steady level of energy.
No cravings for carbs at all today, but had small cravings yesterday.

I thought you "needed" oranges "to go"? I was looking for oranges in the Swiss woods and fields; couldn't find any so I have to do with out  :o

Nicola

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2008, 12:44:48 am »
I thought you "needed" oranges "to go"? I was looking for oranges in the Swiss woods and fields; couldn't find any so I have to do with out  :o

Nicola

Yes, oranges certainly helped, but so do the leafy greens. Spinach especially helps me in that regard.
If I find that I become constipated again (I haven't been constipated at all lately) then I will see about adding fruits back, because I feel like being constipated is one of the easiest ways of bringing yourself into a state of bad health, more so than eating certain fruits that may or may not be optimal.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2009, 02:56:29 am »
Yes, oranges certainly helped, but so do the leafy greens. Spinach especially helps me in that regard.
If I find that I become constipated again (I haven't been constipated at all lately) then I will see about adding fruits back, because I feel like being constipated is one of the easiest ways of bringing yourself into a state of bad health, more so than eating certain fruits that may or may not be optimal.

I too find that suboptimal fruit, on the rare occasion I eat fruit work fine for me now.  All the good raw fatty animal food must help.  Yes, constipation can be dangerous, even if the constipation was only a short while at the time.  Most fruit don't seem to do anything at all positive for me for that anyway except citrus.  I hope you're doing great!  Are you possibly getting back to journaling soon?

Well, my order from Tropical Traditions arrived today...
a smorgasbord of grass-fed bison organs, including many organs I've never tried from any animal.
I got:
Tongue
Liver
Spleen
Adrenals
Kidneys
Thymus glands
Pancreas
Thyroid glands
and Heart

I can't wait to try them all!

It was sold as pet food. Ha.

I just ate raw thymus this morning.  It was my first time.  I liked it.  How did you do eating your order? 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk