Author Topic: Sick topic  (Read 10955 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Sick topic
« on: February 05, 2010, 05:34:07 am »
I was searching for some data on fructose in semen to debunk a zero-carb argument re dangers of fructose and came up with this reference to a book:-

http://www.lulu.com/content/4956212

I'm hoping it's a joke.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Sick topic
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 09:24:00 am »
Ahh, indeed.  That's hilarious. :)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 07:41:31 pm »
    I think it may be real.  I've seen that book advertised before.  I think there are recipes for other fluids too.  Excuse me while I throw up.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

William

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 12:50:35 am »
TD, as Geoffrey Purcell, is attempting to support his neolithic fruit-eating habit on the paleofood list, and needs ammunition. Not doing too well.
If you like that kind of entertainment, you can read the latest posts of the Re: My new paleo diet definition page thread here:http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?A1=ind1002&L=paleofood#11

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 03:04:26 am »
neolithic fruit-eating 
Fruit-eating is definitely not neolithic. It's much much older than your pemmicans.
You try so hard to prove that zero-carb is what we need, but it's really a baloney.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 03:29:00 am »
But... Neolithic fruit is neolithic...
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

carnivore

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 03:42:21 am »
But... Neolithic fruit is neolithic...

Beef, lamb, pork, and watever domesticated animal you eat is also neolithic.
Rawpaleo is not about eating only raw wild food, otherwise nobody would eat paleo. It's about eating food in their natural state, without processing, and that our ancestors could have found in their wild state.
It is cleat that pemmican is not at all paleo, even if it can be useful for some beginners.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 03:53:26 am »
Things always change.

The meat, the fruit, the veggies.

The best wild meat may be sea food, but if you think about it, paleo humans didn't have the big boat fishing technology to go into the deep seas.

The land animals are only as healthy as the vegetation, the land they graze on.

Maybe those eskimos have an advantage with their barren landscapes and truly wild creatures like sea lions and fish.

In the tropics, many fruits just grow wild in the mountains or in your back yard.  In the provinces, it is not uncommon for children to hang out on tree branches and eat the fruits on that tree and chat all day.  Fruit is free.

Geoff is just trying to be funny... lighten up guys!

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 03:54:11 am »
Beef, lamb, pork, and watever domesticated animal you eat is also neolithic.
That's really true.
Besides even wild animals are neolithic - in paleo times there were different kinds of animals.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 05:16:17 am »
Actually, William, I'm responding to the usual nonsense on paleofood, including your posts, tomorrow_ I have rather more important things to do today , like this forum.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 07:18:39 am »
That's really true.
Besides even wild animals are neolithic - in paleo times there were different kinds of animals.

So it looks like we should rename this forum to rawneolithicforum - that would make all the fruit-eaters happy.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 07:48:44 am »
So it looks like we should rename this forum to rawneolithicforum - that would make all the fruit-eaters happy.

The world agreed definition remains as it is.

Paleo food are: fruit, vegs, meat
Raw paleo food are: raw fruit, raw vegs, raw meat

and every variant of raw paleo is welcome in this forum
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

William

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 11:38:34 am »

Paleo food are: fruit, vegs, meat

It would be a very good thing if we could find some evidence that paleoman actually ate fruit &veg.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 05:17:16 pm »
It would be a very good thing if we could find some evidence that paleoman actually ate fruit &veg.
  Unfortunately for you there's no credible evidence that palaeoman was zero-carb.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 09:01:41 pm »
I can't imagine a band of 30 people spending much time gathering fruit and veggies when they can just hunt a bison that would sustain them for a couple days. But they probably picked some fruit they found while traveling, like one cup of berries a week total. That makes them very close to ZC but not totally imo, i'd imagine their calorie intake was something like 99% from meat, 1% or less from fruit. I can't imagine a woman with children risking her life to go gather fruit in the wild all by herself, away from the camp/group.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 09:05:44 pm »
I can't imagine a band of 30 people spending much time gathering fruit and veggies when they can just hunt a bison that would sustain them for a couple days. But they probably picked some fruit they found while traveling, like one cup of berries a week total. That makes them very close to ZC but not totally imo, i'd imagine their calorie intake was something like 99% from meat, 1% or less from fruit. I can't imagine a woman with children risking her life to go gather fruit in the wild all by herself, away from the camp/group.
Hunting prey is a much more dangerous endeavour than foraging for fruits/veg, for obvious reasons. And , like I said before, what we count as wild does not resemble the much larger biomass that existed in the Palaeolithic era. You have to remember that there were vast forests in that era with plentiful plant-life, fruits etc. And fruits/plants don't only ripen in the summer, incidentally -I've been to national parks in october/november and eaten garlic leaves in huge amounts.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:35:24 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 10:47:59 pm »
Hunting prey is a much more dangerous endeavour than foraging for fruits/veg, for obvious reasons.

TD, you really should try it before you write such stuff.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 11:41:17 pm »
Hunting prey is a much more dangerous endeavour than foraging for fruits/veg, for obvious reasons. And , like I said before, what we count as wild does not resemble the much larger biomass that existed in the Palaeolithic era. You have to remember that there were vast forests in that era with plentiful plant-life, fruits etc. And fruits/plants don't only ripen in the summer, incidentally -I've been to national parks in cotober/november and eaten garlic leaves in huge amounts.

Statistical factors, such as danger have no place, where man is instinctual & naturally aggressive, similar to carnivores

Man hunted not only for nutrition, but also for protection & naturally & instinctively kept their land's free from pest's like deer & wolves from over populating their habitat

Hunting also sharpened & honed their skills, for keeping the more dangerous animals in check

Without hunting, modern man would probably be extinct in its present state

Culture & traditions, such as hunting are far more instinctively & in nature more important, then simply foraging

Try placing a human colony in a natural environment & see how long they last, without hunting to keep their local habitat free from predators & fauna

Even mostly vegetarian or forage tribes, have to hunt, its a given for any natural environment, whether they eat their prey is down to their cultural & social factors, ie medicine & shamans, as is today

Statistical factors, such as in anthropology, do very little to understand tribes & primitives, you HAVE to research how they function as a WHOLE, ie their societal & cultural values & their natural states as translated in nature

William

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 12:10:05 am »
Statistical factors, such as in anthropology, do very little to understand tribes & primitives, you HAVE to research how they function as a WHOLE, ie their societal & cultural values & their natural states as translated in nature

Easy - sit around and listen to the people (American Indian) while she says "when the hunters came home with a moose, they shared. Now that they have jobs, they don't share".
That, to me, is close enough to the cultural difference between paleo and neolithic.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 12:21:38 am »
Easy - sit around and listen to the people (American Indian) while she says "when the hunters came home with a moose, they shared. Now that they have jobs, they don't share".
That, to me, is close enough to the cultural difference between paleo and neolithic.

Well said ...

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 06:57:29 pm »
 Unfortunately for you there's no credible evidence that palaeoman was zero-carb.

The isotope bone analysis of paleolithic bones shows they have the same makeup as hyenas. Although this technique apparantly determines dietary protein only. Still, from the limited bones of paleo people found, it shows they was eating proportionally as much animal protein as African carnivorous animals. There is little protein in plants so it' possible it doesn't show in the bones. Perhaps this is not conclusive, but definitely strong and credible. I'll try and dig up the article if I can find it.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 08:14:38 pm »
The isotope bone analysis of paleolithic bones shows they have the same makeup as hyenas. Although this technique apparantly determines dietary protein only. Still, from the limited bones of paleo people found, it shows they was eating proportionally as much animal protein as African carnivorous animals. There is little protein in plants so it' possible it doesn't show in the bones. Perhaps this is not conclusive, but definitely strong and credible. I'll try and dig up the article if I can find it.
  As I pointed out previously the conclusions from isotope analysis have already been proven to be dead-wrong as Neanderthals have been shown to have eaten plant foods and because isotope analysis only covers part of the diet, of necessity. Whatever the case, I don't think fruit-consumption was ever more than 25% of diet by calorie, even though the zero-carb claims have been proven wrong beyond doubt.
" Ron Paul.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 09:27:36 am »
 As I pointed out previously the conclusions from isotope analysis have already been proven to be dead-wrong as Neanderthals have been shown to have eaten plant foods and because isotope analysis only covers part of the diet, of necessity. Whatever the case, I don't think fruit-consumption was ever more than 25% of diet by calorie, even though the zero-carb claims have been proven wrong beyond doubt.

Well I think it's far from being proven wrong, just that the evidence is not conclusive.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 05:37:15 pm »
Well I think it's far from being proven wrong, just that the evidence is not conclusive.
  There are studies showing clear evidence that Neanderthals ate some plant-matter in their diet(due to evidence of plaque on teeth and then there's the evidence of plant seeds. So, it has been conclusively proven beyond doubt that Neanderthals were not zero-carbers. There's still some lack of evidence re the exact proportion of plant foods in their diet but that's it(of course, this is complicated by the fact that Neanderthals had a wide range; those living in the Middle-East would undoubtedly have had higher proportions of plant-foods in their diet than European-based Neanderthals.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:47:31 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk