Author Topic: Stomach Pains  (Read 16861 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Stomach Pains
« on: February 06, 2010, 02:06:09 pm »
Hi
today i ate a 1/3 of my first raw steak. Its been about 6 hours and about 3-4 hours ago i started getting stomach pains. what is this? Is it possibly food poisoning? What should i do???
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Stomach Pains
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 05:30:33 pm »
Perhaps you need to eat small amounts at first.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 10:25:09 pm »
Hi
today i ate a 1/3 of my first raw steak. Its been about 6 hours and about 3-4 hours ago i started getting stomach pains. what is this? Is it possibly food poisoning? What should i do???

Stomach pains is natural, the pro-biotics in the meat interacting with your digestive system, add some organs & your detox effects, will become manageable

Make sure to get cheap, fatty cuts, such as brisket, or breast of lamb, the expensive low fat steak cuts, are nowhere as good nutritionally

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 10:42:19 pm »
the pro-biotics in the meat interacting with your digestive system

there are probiotics in meat? are they destroyed by freezing?

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 10:55:13 pm »
there are probiotics in meat? are they destroyed by freezing?

All raw products contain pro-biotics, theyre simply bacteria which interact with your digestive system, even plants technically contain pro-biotics, although nowhere near the amount in raw meat

Yes, the crystals formed when freezing destroy cell walls & tissue & can actually make the bacteria & viral, more virulent, due to most of the beneficial bacteria dying off

If you want to store raw meats long term, air tight glass jars, in a refrigerator will keep for weeks, if not months

Fatty cuts store the longest, i've had brisket cuts for over two months stored & they taste as good as fresh, they will turn slightly grey

Organs last for about 2 weeks, the taste is pretty easy to get used to though, the smell is also pretty tolerable, after 3 weeks or more

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 10:58:22 pm »
All raw products contain pro-biotics, theyre simply bacteria which interact with your digestive system, even plants technically contain pro-biotics, although nowhere near the amount in raw meat

That does not sound right.  My understanding is meat is sterile, it does not have any bacteria inside.  the surface can be contaminated with bacteria during butchering.  Sounds like a lot of nonsense to me.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 11:06:20 pm »

That does not sound right.  My understanding is meat is sterile, it does not have any bacteria inside.  the surface can be contaminated with bacteria during butchering.  Sounds like a lot of nonsense to me.

Sterile is a relative term, all meat is made of bacteria ... ie. the human body & all animals are all made of around 80-90% bacteria

Do your research, its a well known fact ... lol

You cant contaminate meat with bacteria, unless the meat is diseased to start with ...  l)

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 12:04:37 am »
If you want to store raw meats long term, air tight glass jars, in a refrigerator will keep for weeks, if not months
This is very poor, and quite possibly dangerous, advice to tout about. A tightly sealed jar kept for months will be a playground for anaerobic bacteria. Take your own health hazards/risks if you want but don't encourage something that could very easily lead to Botulism.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 12:19:55 am »
quote author=djr_81 link=topic=2256.msg28068#msg28068 date=1265472277]
This is very poor, and quite possibly dangerous, advice to tout about. A tightly sealed jar kept for months will be a playground for anaerobic bacteria. Take your own health hazards/risks if you want but don't encourage something that could very easily lead to Botulism.
[/quote]

botulism, i'll let you know if & when, or ever i come across it lol

It's quite easy to spot dangerous meat, basically if it becomes fungus ridden, throw it, otherwise chow away, keep it sealed or air it, try them both

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 12:40:50 am »
i'd like to read more about the benefits of bacteria in meat for the stomach, anyone got any articles on that topic?

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 01:19:43 am »
i'd like to read more about the benefits of bacteria in meat for the stomach, anyone got any articles on that topic?

Google stomach trichirus whipworm i think its spelled

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 02:26:17 am »
Do your research, its a well known fact ... lol

All I could find is flesh is sterile inside.  Bacteria gets introduced during butchering, grinding, and it penetrates inside after meat starts to decompose.

Well known fact you say..., links please.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 03:14:10 am »
All I could find is flesh is sterile inside.  Bacteria gets introduced during butchering, grinding, and it penetrates inside after meat starts to decompose.

Well known fact you say..., links please.

Bacteria doesnt get inside meat .... the bacterial makeup of the meat eventually breaks it down anyway

If the meat is diseased, it'll breakdown even faster

I wasnt kidding about doing your own research, lol, a quick google'l bring up thousands of results, i've got better things to do then state the obvious, sorry ...

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 03:48:59 am »
I wasnt kidding about doing your own research, lol, a quick google'l bring up thousands of results, i've got better things to do then state the obvious, sorry ...

i don't think it is funny.  no, it is not obvious.  if you can't back up your "facts" please do not post them here.

i guess i do not have better things to do, so here is my link, published in NY times.
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/24/dining/for-safer-hamburger-grind-it-yourself.html?pagewanted=1

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 03:55:44 am »
i don't think it is funny.  no, it is not obvious.  if you can't back up your "facts" please do not post them here.

i guess i do not have better things to do, so here is my link, published in NY times.
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/24/dining/for-safer-hamburger-grind-it-yourself.html?pagewanted=1

Sorry, but if you cant be bothered to do a simple google search, i've got better things to do, your loss

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 04:32:34 am »
oh roony, get off your high horse!... someone is asking your help for god's sake! why don't you take a compliment instead of an undeserved ego trip??

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 04:39:52 am »
i actually did google search and i could not find any studies saying there is bacteria inside fresh flesh.

your argument "oh it is a known fact" without any evidence whatsoever gives me an impression are you simply full of shit.

prove your "fact" and i'll admit i was wrong, but for now you are just another troll.

this forum is not about movies or other dontcare stuff, this is about health, people come here to look for answers that can change their lives, and when you post "facts" without proof it must be rejected.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 05:10:17 am »
i actually did google search and i could not find any studies saying there is bacteria inside fresh flesh.

your argument "oh it is a known fact" without any evidence whatsoever gives me an impression are you simply full of shit.

prove your "fact" and i'll admit i was wrong, but for now you are just another troll.

this forum is not about movies or other dontcare stuff, this is about health, people come here to look for answers that can change their lives, and when you post "facts" without proof it must be rejected.

lol high horse, i wouldnt be posting on a forum freely, if i was egoist ...

I'm not the sort to cite research for ppl who arent willing to do their own research, heres some results from a simple google search of   "body made up of bacteria"

" Incredibly, our bodies are actually composed of more bacterial cells than human cells; while the human body is made up of about 10 to the power of 13 human cells, we harbor near 10 to the power of 14 bacteria.

This group of organisms, traditionally referred to as "normal flora" (although they are not plants) is composed of a fairly stable set of genera, mostly anaerobes. While each person has a relatively unique set of normal flora, members of the Streptococcus and Bacteroides make up a large percentage of the inhabitants.

These organisms contribute to our existence in several ways"

You might also find this useful

"Viral Diseases: Antibiotics do not work against the virus.

Once you have a virus, you either fight it or die. Viruses are parasites. They are neither alive, nor dead. They cannot reproduce by themselves; they must force other cells to make progeny. The virus is made up of DNA or RNA surrounded by a protein coat. It takes over cells so that it can reproduce itself.

The cell usually dies after reproduction. RNA viruses are not stable and therefore, they mutate often (actually the bacterial cells in your body mutates them, its a natural defence mechanism - roony).

Ebola is an RNA virus; this is why it can mutate so quickly. DNA viruses are more stable and therefore, they mutate less often."

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 08:28:26 am »
ha, you are quoting about gut flora which does contain a lot of bacteria.

we are not talking about gut flora, we are talking about fresh meat which kurite ate
today i ate a 1/3 of my first raw steak

gut flora only exists inside the intestines, mainly colon, and some in the stomach (h-pylori).  there are no bacteria anywhere else inside the body (unless there is some kind of infection).

there is no bacteria inside fresh non-ground meat and there is no probiotics of any kind inside fresh meat.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 08:41:30 am »
ha, you are quoting about gut flora which does contain a lot of bacteria.

we are not talking about gut flora, we are talking about fresh meat which kurite ate .

gut flora only exists inside the intestines, mainly colon, and some in the stomach (h-pylori).  there are no bacteria anywhere else inside the body (unless there is some kind of infection).

there is no bacteria inside fresh non-ground meat and there is no probiotics of any kind inside fresh meat.

lol what the hell is wrong with this forum today ... Read this quote .... "Incredibly, our bodies are actually composed of more bacterial cells than human cells; while the human body is made up of about 10 to the power of 13 human cells, we harbor near 10 to the power of 14 bacteria."

Translated .... Basically ALL meats are MADE OF BACTERIA .... what do you think keeps the meat fresh & prevents it from decaying? magic ... ? lol
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:48:59 am by roony »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 11:01:38 am »
I have often thought that the best way to ferment would be at body temp, in the dark.  Those are exactly the conditions inside your gut, in terms of temperature and light.  This would encourage the growth of only the bacteria that thrive in those conditions, which I would assume would be the most ideal ones for your gut flora. Just a thought.  I've not done this, my fermentation is always at room temp or in the fridge. Has anybody thought about this?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 11:13:37 am »
lol what the hell is wrong with this forum today ... Read this quote .... "Incredibly, our bodies are actually composed of more bacterial cells than human cells; while the human body is made up of about 10 to the power of 13 human cells, we harbor near 10 to the power of 14 bacteria."

Translated .... Basically ALL meats are MADE OF BACTERIA .... what do you think keeps the meat fresh & prevents it from decaying? magic ... ? lol

That quote doesn't say where the bacteria reside... 'what do you think keeps the meat fresh & prevents it from decaying?' Why do you think refrigeration slows down decay? It's because it slows down the bacteria. Bacteria cause the decay...

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you're not backing yourself up properly if you're right... Please do.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 11:27:17 am »
CK, when I used to make raw yogurts,  I got my starters from the chemist who made them.  He told me that yeast grow better at cooler temps, and bacteria grow better at body temps.  I then always cultured my kefir and yogurts at body temp.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 11:34:21 am »
Roony,  your writings remind me of the way I must have sounded many years ago when I smoked pot.   I would take a little bit of information and weave it into a fantastical story.  I also had even a much greater ability to believe what I wanted to.  Know I realize I know very little.    I think it's true here, that almost everyone's diet is evolving as we learn more.  I doubt that hardly anyone, save one or two, would state emphatically that they have settled into the ultimate diet that will serve them to their grave,  that they wouldn't make changes or find out that they had done something inherantly not healthy after all.   

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 11:46:59 am »
.  I then always cultured my kefir and yogurts at body temp.

How did you control the temperature?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk