Author Topic: Has anyone gone from raw paleo back to sad diets?  (Read 13280 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Has anyone gone from raw paleo back to sad diets?
« on: February 15, 2010, 01:29:33 pm »
Hey just wondering if anyone has done this? How long were you on raw paleo? What were the side effects from eating a sad diet again? Did you have problems with parasites? Please give as much detail as you have.
thanks
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Has anyone gone from raw paleo back to sad diets?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 06:54:05 pm »
This should only be in the hot topics forum. As regards going back to SAD diets, depends what you mean. If you mean giving up entirely on rawpalaeo for whatever reasons, then they're hardly likely to remain on this board. If you're referring to people who go 100% RVAF while healing and who then return to eating small amounts of cooked foods on occasion after having healed, then that would apply to the majority of us here on this board. I'm a case in point. In the early years of going rawpalaeo, there were periods when I went 6 months to 12 months without a single non-rawpalaeo meal. In the end, though, like most rawpalaeos, I decided to compromise with cooked foods occasionally for social reasons, especially once I'd recovered my health.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 01:33:21 am »
yes i have yesterday eaten pizza and subway sandwitch after 3 months of raw meat  eating. I chose to quit because i felt heavy after eating my meat meal, probably due to the dry,crumbily bone marrow that i used as my fat source which slowed down passage of food throughout my intestines and stomach. Maybe i should experiment with the creamy ,liquidy type of marrow which i only tried once, but think i wont go back to raw paleo since i aint sick from eating SAD. I ate my cooked meal at 3-4pm and it came out perfectly digested and out of my bum at around 12pm. that is very fast considering my usually fecal matter comes out every 2-3 days. it came out perfectly smooth and not hard and constipated like my other ones on raw paleo. I dont recommend anyone go on raw paleo if they are already healthy on a cooked diet, because it may do more harm than good.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 03:51:42 am »
Please keep me updated on your switch back.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 05:11:12 am »
pc701, did you have any other negative side effects other than feeling heavy?

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 06:11:21 am »
Well actually i wasnt 100% raw paleo throughout the whole 3-4 months, i was eating alot of pasturized yogurt and cream and butter(couldnt get a hold of raw), i have only recently added raw bone marrow and have been 100% raw  like maybe say 2-3 weeks ago. although i used have dark under eyes (blueish, purple) when i was eating 100% raw paleo but now their gone while i quit the diet. I cant say much because i wasnt raw paleo at all except maybe for like 2-3 weeks, and all i can report is that the dry type of bone marrow didnt suit me. I want eat some whole foods and not processed stuff like pizza and big macs, so i may change something and just eat fish and seafood and eggs and vegetables and fruits and maybe some sort of cooked grains because i have a feeling that raw beef doesnt suit me. I just have to find some type of whole food diet that i actually have no problem eating, as the last couple weeks i get bored of eating the same thing all the time and stuff that doesnt seem that much appetizing.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 06:33:46 am »
pc701,

I'm still fairly new to this diet too and trying organs and different muscle meat like horse, venison or bison has made a huge difference, the diet went from being boring (only beef) to much more interesting. There are still many meat/organs i haven't tried and looking forward to trying them. I don't think i could stick to the diet if i were to eat nothing but beef but that's just me.

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 08:00:13 am »
i didnt eat nothing but beef, ate some liver and fishes too.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 08:08:55 am »
yes i have yesterday eaten pizza and subway sandwitch after 3 months of raw meat  eating. I chose to quit because i felt heavy after eating my meat meal, probably due to the dry,crumbily bone marrow that i used as my fat source which slowed down passage of food throughout my intestines and stomach. Maybe i should experiment with the creamy ,liquidy type of marrow which i only tried once, but think i wont go back to raw paleo since i aint sick from eating SAD. I ate my cooked meal at 3-4pm and it came out perfectly digested and out of my bum at around 12pm. that is very fast considering my usually fecal matter comes out every 2-3 days. it came out perfectly smooth and not hard and constipated like my other ones on raw paleo. I dont recommend anyone go on raw paleo if they are already healthy on a cooked diet, because it may do more harm than good.

Seems your version of raw paleo was raw carnivore / zero carb? 

Have you tried raw omnivore?  Some fruit, some vegs + meat.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 08:33:25 am »
yes i was eating fruits too and veg too, the problem was i wasnt feeling right/and wasnt in the mood of eating much and i bet it was all due to the bone marrow that i recently introduced. yesterday  i decided to eat a sandwitch and some pizza and felt better, no more bloating stomach after a meal, and energy was great too. but i dont think i get bloated/heavy stomach feeling with eggs as my fat source, never tried suet though. i just have to find some combination of whole foods that i find appetizing. I got no problem eating raw beef, fish and organs, except not everyday, it gets boring for me a little.

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 09:40:50 am »
Well i have eaten cooked for 3 days now, and i can report that the dark under my eyes have decreased and by fecal matter has so far come out of my bum every day versus every 2 or 3 days, no more bloating too, and no more slight constipation. but the unfortunate thing is that i am eating junk food (pizza, cooked  concoctions of all sorts). Tommorow i will begin my raw food diet and see if the slight dark under eyes gets darker. I will eliminate beef along with bone marrow, and only eat fish and eggs or butter as my fat source. And i will eat larger amounts of fruits and probably include certain vegetable juices as to cleanse the body. If the dark under my eyes gets worse then i think that is a bad sign of something going wrong. i will try to somewhat try to follow my instincts regarding what to eat. Sometimes i feel like eating lots of honey of fruits like bananas, before i didnt feel like eating raw beef yet i still ate it, rather than eating something that i would crave like some kind of fish.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 10:00:16 am »
pc701 have you read anything that may be the cause of the blue under your eyes?

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 10:15:40 am »
yes, eating improper foods for ones body. For me that probably would be large amounts of pasturized yogurt/milk and cream, and maybe raw meats. I think its a kidney issue. I have to experiments and see if its truely the raw meats that causes it.

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 10:52:59 am »
or it may be caused by excessive vitamin A or D content from cod liver oil, which i have quit the last 3 days.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 11:19:59 am »
Do your eyes feel tired when you have dark under your eyes?  Or is it just cosmetic appearance?

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 11:27:16 am »
just cosmetic

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 01:55:17 pm »
Is the cod liver oil naturally fermented or is the vitamin A and D artificially put back into the oil? Artificial vitamins can cause problems. Please keep me up to date with whats happening.
thanks

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 02:03:04 pm »
yes naturally fermented from green pastures type. Another reason may be too much protein stresses my kidneys...I say that because when cooking meats the protein count deminishes, but with raw meats there is more protein...

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 02:29:10 pm »
I asked dr ron if cod liver oil can cause dark circles but he said no. I bought 50lbs worth of bone marrow at 70 cents a pound, i will throw it out. But i plan on probably using the very liquidy type of marrow since it easier to eat/digest. But i think that if i eat more fruits and less meat/protein the dark circles will disapper. There is another guy on this forum who has dark circles too and he eliminated it on a raw vegan diet, so i am guessing that it is caused by excessive protein intake since he now eats raw meat high in protein.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 06:34:27 am »
About what percentage of your calories come from fruit???

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 07:33:18 am »
well today i have not touched any animal protein and it seems that the dark circles are slowly but surely disappearing. does anyone know how much protein loss there is after cooking, difference between raw meat and cooked?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 07:32:31 pm »
well today i have not touched any animal protein and it seems that the dark circles are slowly but surely disappearing. does anyone know how much protein loss there is after cooking, difference between raw meat and cooked?
  No protein loss occurs, the protein just gets denatured so that less of it is bioavailable.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 10:39:10 am »
...fecal matter comes out every 2-3 days. it came out perfectly smooth and not hard and constipated like my other ones on raw paleo. I dont recommend anyone go on raw paleo if they are already healthy on a cooked diet, because it may do more harm than good.

Well actually i wasnt 100% raw paleo throughout the whole 3-4 months, i was eating alot of pasturized yogurt and cream and butter(couldnt get a hold of raw), i have only recently added raw bone marrow and have been 100% raw  like maybe say 2-3 weeks ago. although i used have dark under eyes (blueish, purple) when i was eating 100% raw paleo but now their gone while i quit the diet. I cant say much because i wasnt raw paleo at all except maybe for like 2-3 weeks, and all i can report is that the dry type of bone marrow didnt suit me. ...
So, according to the above, you ate "alot" of dairy products, which are known to be constipating and are prohibited on raw Paleo as officially espoused by this forum, admit you weren't "raw paleo at all except maybe for like 2-3 weeks," and got super constipated and purple circles under the eyes and yet blamed it on raw Paleo? Please forgive me, but I'm missing the connection.

I want eat some whole foods and not processed stuff like pizza and big macs, so i may change something and just eat fish and seafood and eggs and vegetables and fruits and maybe some sort of cooked grains because i have a feeling that raw beef doesnt suit me. I just have to find some type of whole food diet that i actually have no problem eating, as the last couple weeks i get bored of eating the same thing all the time and stuff that doesnt seem that much appetizing.
That sounds more understable than your initial comments. Did you change your mind from posts 29138 and 29169 after you thought about it some more?

or butter as my fat source.
Feel free to eat dairy, but don't blame any bad results on raw Paleo, nor give credit completely to raw Paleo when dairy is included, for here dairy is not considered truly Paleo. Of course, you may decide that you think dairy is Paleo, but you should then specify with a qualifier like "my conception of Paleo" to avoid confusing the newbies.

... when cooking meats the protein count deminishes, but with raw meats there is more protein...
How are you measuring the protein count? I try to keep my protein intake below 25%, myself. Since I don't do well on carbs, I try to eat lots of fat (75-85%) to keep the protein down, but you may find you can tolerate more carbs than me.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 12:09:15 pm »
I think  including animal protein in a diet worsens kidney problems, doesnt solve or help them.

Whatever, all i know is that if my dark eye circles(which are just barely visible)get completely removed by lessening or even removing animal protein from my diet, then we will all know now the possible dangers of excess animal food consumption.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 12:32:15 pm »
I think  including animal protein in a diet worsens kidney problems, doesnt solve or help them.

Whatever, all i know is that if my dark eye circles(which are just barely visible)get completely removed by lessening or even removing animal protein from my diet, then we will all know now the possible dangers of excess animal food consumption.

There is a time to fast and a time to eat.
Dr. Henry Bieler hammered on this in 1965 in his book.
Maybe you are currently over protenized.  Some juice fasting and a few meat free weeks will do you good.

I myself had digestive issues in my eczema days with constipated liver and gall bladder.  But when I healed my digestion I could now eat serious quantities of meat.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk