Poll

How did you first find out about raw, palaeolithic diets?

From Karl Loren's Raw Meat For Humans Page(Primal-Diet-oriented)
3 (33.3%)
From Vinny Pinto's rawpaleodiet.org webpage
0 (0%)
From an Instincto blog/journal/website
0 (0%)
From a Primal Diet blog/ journal/website
1 (11.1%)
From a rawpalaeodiet blog/journal/website
2 (22.2%)
From a TV spot featuring raw animal food diets for humans
1 (11.1%)
From a newspaper article on raw animal food diets for humans
0 (0%)
From a radio piece about raw animal food diets for humans
0 (0%)
From a non-online source
1 (11.1%)
From allexperts.com
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: How did you first find out about raw, palaeolithic diets?  (Read 4179 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
How did you first find out about raw, palaeolithic diets?
« on: February 17, 2010, 05:08:30 am »
I'm posting this question because I'm curious to know what originally inspired people to follow a raw, palaeolithic diet. In my own case, I was inspired first  by Karl Loren's website  re raw meat diets for humans(after having searched for tens of hours all sorts of pointless websites on raw meat diets for pets), and subsequently also by Vinny Pinto's webpage for raw or partially raw palaeolithic diets.  I suppose I'm more interested in if people were motivated by some media TV or newspaper article on RPD diets and the like, just so I can see the impact thereof. Obviously,  you should specify exactly which website etc. inspired you if it's not specifically mentioned above.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How did you first find out about raw, palaeolithic diets?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 06:35:35 am »
my story: i was doing poorly as a raw vegan, never really occurred to me to eat raw meat. One day i was searching raw food recipe videos on youtube and randomly found this video of an ex raw vegan talking about eating raw meat. She mentions Aajonus, googled the guy's name, etc, etc and eventually ended up here. Reading Aajonus' story and testimonials of Lex and Geoff were the biggest eye opener for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CECwj-t-Cpk
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 06:42:07 am by Nation »

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 07:36:39 am »
Aajonous + desperation

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 07:39:36 am »
I found this website. ;D
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 08:17:08 am »
I was in Curezone.com and all they had was raw vegan and fruitarian.

After giving up on fruitarian, I stumbled onto wai diet on the internet.

Craig seems to think Wai Diet is acceptable as a raw paleo diet.

I stumbled onto Aajonus Vonderplanitz Primal Diet and bought his books.  Dairy wasn't working for me. and I continued experimenting.

I stumbled onto AllExperts and found the writings of the Guru who doesn't want to be called a Guru Geoff Purcell.  And Geoff and Craig set up this forum.

Primal diet less veggy juice less dairy = raw paleo diet.  So that's what it was called. 

Seems I stumbled along the way experimenting to see what worked for me and it is just a coincidence that what worked for me had a name and a logic behind it called raw paleolithic diet.

My eternal thanks

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 09:14:56 am »
Actually, I found out about the raw paleo diet from a friend of mine from the former message boards at the Healing Dao site, who turned me on to Guy-Claude Burger. He also mentioned Aajonus as well.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 07:44:30 am »
I use to be raw vegan and felt that something was just not right. Like are bodies simply need meat. But at the same time I knew that cooked meat was not healthy. So i looked up on google why can't humans eat raw meat? And I found an expert from allexperts.com talking about eating raw meat and how great it is. I asked him about bacteria/parasites and he answered my questions then directed me here. Glad he did!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 11:53:36 am »
Would that have been Tyler/Geoff again?

For me it was none of the above. I learned about it from posts at Paleofood--mainly through William. Tyler's posted about it too, but his turned me off of it instead of onto it, sorry, so it took a while before I tried it. William was less aggressive about it, so I was encouraged by his stories of success as compared to the gradual return of some old symptoms that I was experiencing and decided to give raw meats a partial try. Then when I read Lex's posts at ZIOH and here, that motivated me to try it more fully.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 05:11:41 pm »
Given William's fiery fundamentalist nature and vibrant rhetoric(eg:- carbs are evil/so-called neolithic fruits and similiar comments), and the fact that I have at times criticised (usually cooked) zero-carb diets on the other sites, I suspect that you were simply motivated due to your own pro-ZC dietary viewpoint rather than anything else. ;)
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 05:15:13 pm »
I've been looking into other ways to promote rawpalaeo but it seems unfortunate  that few if any join as a result of newspaper articles or tv- or radio interviews. Of course, the latter are rather thin on the ground, which is rather odd as this diet is so highly controversial and newsworthy. On the other hand, perhaps the media are absolutely terrified of being sued by some idiot if they even once gave the vague impression that the raw, palaeolithic diet was practised by people primarily  for health-reasons.
" Ron Paul.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 07:14:55 pm »

You don't have Google among the options :)

When I first found out about the RAF diet I was quite intrigued by some claims and tried to find out more validation and real testimonials.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 01:09:29 pm »
Given William's fiery fundamentalist nature and vibrant rhetoric(eg:- carbs are evil/so-called neolithic fruits and similiar comments), and the fact that I have at times criticised (usually cooked) zero-carb diets on the other sites, I suspect that you were simply motivated due to your own pro-ZC dietary viewpoint rather than anything else. ;)

Actually, I wasn't pro-ZC at the time. I came very reluctantly to VLC/carnivore and was actually (unknowingly) a carb addict who ate more carbs than you now do. I had gotten my carbs down to probably around 30-40% then, but that was still way too high for me. Unfortunately, it took me a while to realize that. I had bought into the idea that plentiful veggies and raw fruits are very healthy for everyone.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk