Author Topic: bodybuilding and eating  (Read 44331 times)

Offline Boris

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: bodybuilding and eating
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2013, 07:18:23 am »
but what about fructose and the formation of triglycerides?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2013, 07:59:52 am »
but what about fructose and the formation of triglycerides?

I think the sperm actually use fructose as an energy source.

http://armymedical.tpub.com/MD0579/MD05790020.htm

" Fructose energizes the sperm, and prostaglandins assistsejaculation and stimulates uterine contractions. Thus, both fructose and prostaglandinshelp sperm move to the uterine tubes where fertilization occurs.

I also think the liver can convert fructose into glycogen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructolysis#Synthesis_of_Glycogen_from_DHAP_and_Glyceraldehyde_3_Phosphate - under 1.2
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2013, 02:07:27 am »
on a raw diet it is very easy to gain muscle even when not eating so much. This is what iv noticed over time. After a heavy workout, even if i cant find good food and eat very little for a couple days my muscle will still heal and become stronger. This is due to incredible utilizabilty of raw protien as compared to cooked, you need much less to do the same thing.

as far as meat after a workout iv heard that sugar is most important directly after a workout. THis rings true for me as i always crave fruit right after a workout and dont feel like eating any meat until several hours later.

the beautiful thing about raw paleo and working out is that you dont need to worry so much about nutrition to gain muscle since all your foods go such a long way due to being raw.

-----------

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2013, 02:20:49 am »
I used to be a vegetarian and devote swimmer and runner and was sick all the time, ending heavily underweight. I have been eating cooked paleo and weightlifting about 3,5 years ago. My health increased dramatically and so did my strenght. Ive gained 33 lbs/ 15 kilo doing nothing more than squats, bench presses, pull ups and deadlifts.

In the first year and a half i adhered to a very low carb paleo (less than 30gr carbs a day) cobined with IF. At first i had great results, lots of energy, i leaned down and experienced very fast musclegrowth. After a while this slowed down and eventually stopped. My energy levels went sdown (nothing compared with pre paleo, but still noticably less). Then i read Kiefer's carb Backloading and i started my paleo take on his strategy. I combined it with IF (fasting for 12 to 15 hours) Then i eat  high fat before training(and on non training days} , train in the late afternoon/evening and eat very high carb, high protein after that. With the carbs mainly coming from cooked root vegetables. The results have been amazing. energy levels restored super fast, fat burning accelerated and i gained more and much faster musclemass than before. I started this 9 months ago and the results are still as good. I managed to bring my deadlift at 2x bodyweight (352lbs)

Just very recently i decided to take the step to raw Paleo and now i find myself with a difficulty of macronutrient intake. Where to get my carbs? I dont want to overconsume fruit. And i dont want to go back to very low carb/ keto, or do you think VLC would have a different effect on my metabolism when  i eat raw? I do admit that i am a wee worried for loosing my gains. Been a week on raw now and i noted an increase in strenght or at least a stagnation, defo no inclination, also my weight didnt change. I did note an increase in overall energy and happiness :) But this week have been raw meats, fish, organs + coconut oil, olive oil + fruits, honey, and in the first 3 days also some cooked roots, but started leaving these out now. So what should i do?

Low carb or exchanging the roots with fruit and honey?
   You sound low in animal fats, animal or fish omega threes.   And then probably fats in general, meaning your body is trying to get it's energy from converting the excess protein.    Deriving good amounts of energy from fat takes patience and practice, as it's so much easier to just down some sugar something and raise blood sugar.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2013, 03:23:53 am »
very true. it definitely takes time for the body to adapt to burning mostly raw fat but the change is extremely worth it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 03:47:34 am by TylerDurden »
-----------

Offline badboy9311

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2013, 03:37:15 am »
So, what ratio are you guys who actually do strength training combined with bodybuilding eating?
I'm currently low on animal fat, upping animal fat would mean $$ for me probably (not too much but need some investing on freezer)

What does animal fat do to you, with regards to bodybuilding/strength training per say?
I know for one it provides energy and boosts testosterone, what else?

Offline Barefoot Instincto

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2013, 10:43:51 am »
I don't think much about it. Just eat well and how you want, and push yourself to your absolute limits. The intensity will force you to change.

Offline thunderseed

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2014, 03:21:36 pm »
I don't see how anyone would be in great health if they are only eating once a day!

Offline common_sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2015, 11:55:43 pm »
Bodybuilding on zero carb, particularly raw, is fantastic, especially with the Warrior Diet component. Why did I waste so many years eating carbs and eating mini meals  -v.

Forgive me if I sounds naïve, I am new to this site and to RFD, what is the warrior diet?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2015, 12:03:25 am »
Forgive me if I sounds naïve, I am new to this site and to RFD, what is the warrior diet?

http://www.warriordiet.com/

Google everything.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline oceanwild

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2015, 11:07:43 am »
do the work out and eat the protein powder. caution on the diet.plus. the   L- carnitine  or the transliteration of kanitin, is a kind of amino acids promoting fat into energy, red meat is the main source of L-carnitine, non-toxic side effects on the human body. by take this supps. eating less meat and build muscle up. cheers.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2015, 02:22:52 pm »

Thanks for asking the question, I enjoyed finding out about the Warrior Diet from a Western A Price Foundation review, in the comments there are heaps of people raving about skipping breakfast and eating little throughout the day, having a lot of exercise, and eating a large meal / meals in the evening:

http://www.westonaprice.org/book-reviews/the-warrior-diet-by-ori-hofmekler/

Offline rubby

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2016, 07:42:47 pm »
Eating meals is necessary when it comes to bodybuilding. However, a nutrition expert would guide you in a better way which, how and when the food you have to take. 

Offline lilyalvin

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2017, 05:52:04 pm »
For building muscle. You needs to follow an all-round diet plan.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2017, 05:04:33 am »
When I was in my 30's I did very well bodybuilding, eating raw eggs. I used to consume a dozen or two a day and a few people thought I was on steroids. Now I will be 60 in less than 9 months and nearly everyone accuses me of being on them but my secret is raw organ meat smoothies. I tried the raw eggs and they don't work nearly as good for me as they did in my 30's maybe eggs aren't as good as they used to be. I still do them once in a while. I can really tell the difference and feel like crap when I go off my diet. Bodybuilding is way more related to diet than exercise. I don't even feel like exercising when I go off my diet.

Offline tding

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2018, 12:35:17 am »
I hear a lot about calorie restriction but how do people consider it in the context of food type? 100 calories of spinach is not the same as 100 calories of a candy bar...

Offline Primalkellypei

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2018, 02:53:57 am »
Raw organ meat smoothies sounds Interesting...anyone else do that? Any recipe ideas to make it palatable?

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2018, 05:54:06 am »
Or, learn to enjoy the taste of each organ and learn to find the stop when eating to help your body not overdo what it needs.  the continual  small sampling of organs will most often lead to developing a taste for them.

Offline fanbrits

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2018, 06:18:12 pm »
diet pills When I was in my 30's I did very well bodybuilding, eating raw eggs.  I used to consume a dozen or two a day and a few people thought I was on steroids. Now I will be 60 in less than 9 months and nearly everyone accuses me of being on them but my secret is raw organ meat smoothies. I tried the raw eggs and they don't work nearly as good for me as they did in my 30's maybe eggs aren't as good as they used to be. I still do them once in a while. I can really tell the difference and feel like crap when I go off my diet. Bodybuilding is way more related to diet than exercise. I don't even feel like exercising when I go off my diet.

guys is eating 2-3-4 eggs a day healthy for my heart while bodybuilding? thanks in advance
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:23:51 pm by fanbrits »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2018, 11:49:21 pm »
guys is eating 2-3-4 eggs a day healthy for my heart while bodybuilding? thanks in advance
Everyone is different. Some bodybuilders of yore such as Armand Tanny consumed dozens of raw eggs a day. I, on the other hand, find raw eggs to be only easily digested in small amounts. More than 3 a day, and then only once or twice a week at most, is  OK, but any more and I start getting yellow diarrhea of sorts as my body does not seem to digest them that well then. I think I likely get a small reaction to the grains consumed by the relevant chickens. Anyway, unlike with other less natural diets, every RVAFer is different and has to constantly experiment in the early years to see what works best for them alone.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2018, 12:41:49 am »
Everything I know leads me to believe that the cholesterol scare from consuming raw eggs is total bullshit. Cholesterol is needed by the body. Without it you would die. The common alternative theory is that your body uses cholesterol in an attempt to patch damaged arteries from a poor diet when it doesn't have the nutrition it needs to repair them normally. Also there is no evidence that eating less cholesterol  has anything to do with your cholesterol levels. Cholesterol is made primarily in the liver and the levels it makes are determined by stress. The higher the stress the more cholesterol it makes. Sort of like the more burning buildings there are the more firemen you will see.

Though it could have to do with feeding chickens on grain I suspect Tyler's problem with eggs has more to do with low stomach acid. Generally the older you get the weaker your stomach acid becomes. My digestion is superb for a 60 year old man but I put apple cider vinegar on everything and eat lemons like they are going out of style. I ordered some betaine HCL that is supposed to make stomach acid stronger but I am having regrets, even though I read such good things about it and wish I hadn't because I think I'm on the right track already with all the vinegar and lemons I consume. My latest craze is drying lemons in the food dehydrator. I love them but they are bad on my teeth. Grinding them up and sprinkling a heavy layer on fish though is really good and not that bad on the teeth.

I could probably get in the Gennis Book of World Records for the amount of raw organ meats I consume. To the nay sayers that are constantly telling me that eating them whole is better than grinding them up in the blender I say that it is far better than nothing. If I had to eat the way you guys do I'd probably go back to cooked food.

Been eating a lot of cooked food these days but I use a sous vide cooker and never go over 124.5 degrees Fahrenheit when I cook my fish and beef. I love it that way! I still cook food in the dehydrator at 108 degrees and love marinading raw tri tip in lemon juice with salt and pepper.

My health is still excellent and I've been dating a woman young enough to be my grand daughter that has far more health problems than I do. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2018, 01:20:28 am »
Err, I'm just 45... I do have some food-intolerances to a few raw foods, even now( too much raw liver and any raw veggie juice over 1 litre  gets me going to the toilet soon after as my body refuses to absorb it. Too many raw eggs gives me yellow diarrhea in a similiar fashion, any suet gives me yellow diarrhea as well, raw coconut oil gives me very nasty stomach-aches lasting hours. That's about it so far, except that my food-intolerance towards cooked foods has, thankfully, increased steadily over the years to the point where  if I do occasionally eat cooked foods, I usually have to vomit them out some time afterwards unless they are consumed in very small quantities.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline XXX

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2018, 03:00:36 am »
Err, I'm just 45... I do have some food-intolerances to a few raw foods, even now( too much raw liver and any raw veggie juice over 1 litre  gets me going to the toilet soon after as my body refuses to absorb it. Too many raw eggs gives me yellow diarrhea in a similiar fashion, any suet gives me yellow diarrhea as well, raw coconut oil gives me very nasty stomach-aches lasting hours. That's about it so far, except that my food-intolerance towards cooked foods has, thankfully, increased steadily over the years to the point where  if I do occasionally eat cooked foods, I usually have to vomit them out some time afterwards unless they are consumed in very small quantities.
If you can`t eat suet, what do you eat for fat? Bone marrow?

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2018, 03:26:18 am »
@surfsteve Don´t tell me ur 60 yrs old in that picture :o Otherwise I´ll start doing organ smoothies by tomorrow ;D

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2018, 10:37:44 am »
If you can`t eat suet, what do you eat for fat? Bone marrow?
I used to when in the UK. Now, it's mainly tongue which i 50-60% raw fat.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk