Author Topic: bodybuilding and eating  (Read 44305 times)

Offline Bairdo25

• Forager
    • View Profile
bodybuilding and eating
« on: February 23, 2010, 03:50:42 am »
In conventional bodybuilding it is crucial if youre looking to gain weight that you exceed your daily expenditure of calories. I havent worked out while on a RFD. But generally many bodybuilders recommend there meals are comprised of 40%carbs 30%fat and 30% protein or very close to this, some might say more protein and that you should be eating 6 or 7 meals a day to spread out the nutrients! Many people on this site claim eating once or twice a day! On a raw paleo some people would go 0 carb while others have said eating some carbs around the workout works for them. I still believe though that if one were to consume more calories than they are losing that on a diet like this you would achieve spectacular results! People eating once a day could most likely manage more food and this could be the one thing holding them back.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: bodybuilding and eating
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 06:10:53 am »
Try to think of it in a paleoithic way. After a day of strenuous work chasing an animal, you get your prize...lots of fat and protein so after a workout try to incorporate fat and protein mostly. While you are recovering carbs are a must. I heard that many people get great results just from being on the rpd diet so don't worry to much about it just work hard and get your calories in.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 08:31:42 am »
While you are recovering carbs are a must.
Nope. ;D
Anecdotally, of course. ;)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 08:39:17 am »
I heard that many people get great results just from being on the rpd diet so don't worry to much about it just work hard and get your calories in.

He doesn't sounds worried, more inquistive about 'what-ifs' and the potential of body-building while doing such a diet that provides better qualities proteins etc..and less energy taken by digestion/bad foods and provides better all around recovery/functioning.

I think many people on these kinds of diet are just happy to be regaining their health, and in-turn, probably don't like the idea of eating more than they require. raw doesn't seem to attract many athletes looking for an 'edge', even if their is a possible potential for one, unless their health becomes compromised chasing it.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 09:11:57 am »
While you are recovering carbs are a must.

What do you know? Whole grains, dairy is a must. I'm not saying your statement is wrong or right, but you making it is wrong. You do not know this.

Disclaimer: Post made half asleep after 1 am.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 09:27:09 am »
When did I mention carbs or dairy?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 11:31:18 am »
Bodybuilding on zero carb, particularly raw, is fantastic, especially with the Warrior Diet component. Why did I waste so many years eating carbs and eating mini meals  -v.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 11:54:30 am »
Bodybuilding on zero carb, particularly raw, is fantastic, especially with the Warrior Diet component. Why did I waste so many years eating carbs and eating mini meals  -v.

What makes your approach 'Warrior' then if is without carbs, just the underrating or fasting until larger meals at night?

I think he is talking about bulking up, like "professional" bodybuilders could get better results on RPD if they ate the same quantities of food. and the reverse, that folks here could look like bodybuilders just by eating signifigantly more food and working out. I think alot of that stuff is based on water retention, which makes me think a detoxing all raw diet wouldn't yield the same results. That said it should be possible to have size and level of fitness that is greater than cooked paleo/primal's like De Vany or Mark Sisson, who are both admittedly not 'bodybuilder' types but are clearly very muscular and fit.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 12:49:37 pm »
I would just naturally think that our body would be able to more readily use the protein from raw meat and produce even bigger stronger longer lasting muscles. I actually read an article saying anyone who is on a SAD and is a bodybuilder doesn't really even have muscles because they lose them so fast after they stop working out. Trying to find article will post if I do.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 02:14:26 pm »
Anecdotely RPD produces stronger more dense muscle that lasts longer when you stop lifting. You don't get the size/bloat that SAD delivers. When eating RPD plus organs you can get a 10-15% increase in PR's at a 70kg bodyweight compared previous SAD diet/weight of 86kg.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 06:13:08 pm »
Anecdotely RPD produces stronger more dense muscle that lasts longer when you stop lifting. You don't get the size/bloat that SAD delivers. When eating RPD plus organs you can get a 10-15% increase in PR's at a 70kg bodyweight compared previous SAD diet/weight of 86kg.
  I agree.One still needs to keep lifting but gains are quicker and last longer on RPD.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw meat man

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 04:23:12 pm »
You shouldnt have to lift weights to build strength. Its all about eating enough fats. If someone has to lift weights or workout to put on bulk then they are not eating enough raw animal fatz.

Put down the weights and pick up the fat intake and youll put on pure bulk a lot faster than burning calories lifting up heavy objects and putting them down again.

I put on 36lbs of pure bulk in the last few months..not many can say that eh?

Seriously guys, lifting weights just makes you skinny and starts up carb cravings.

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 04:27:50 pm »
by bulk dont you mean fat,it is easy to gain weight as in fat but one cannot gain muscle just by eating fat,that takes lifting weights

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 04:47:11 pm »
one cannot gain muscle just by eating fat,that takes lifting weights
but by eatiing fat and protein - yes, one can gain muscle
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 07:19:14 pm »
You shouldnt have to lift weights to build strength. Its all about eating enough fats. If someone has to lift weights or workout to put on bulk then they are not eating enough raw animal fatz.

Put down the weights and pick up the fat intake and youll put on pure bulk a lot faster than burning calories lifting up heavy objects and putting them down again.

Seriously guys, lifting weights just makes you skinny and starts up carb cravings.

In another post you mention this:

Hey, Ive put on 36lbs of pure fat in the last few months and I never exercise. There is no gyms in the jungle!  :D

We should call you the "36lbs guy" :)

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 08:56:46 pm »
So just to be clear you have put on 36lbs of Fat by eating a lot of animal fat?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 09:47:47 pm »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 10:39:45 pm »
36 lb guy is a disinfo agent trying to play us for his fellow vegan friends.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline bernacj21

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 04:35:14 pm »

Lift weighting can help to reduce fats in our body, and it can gain muscles. It makes a great figure, but of course it doesn't mean that we get to eat too much fatty food. We must also need to be balanced in everything we eat. We must have a properly diet and proper exercise.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 01:00:03 pm »
I think we should change this forum to strenght training. BB is not paleo and having BB attracts spammers
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 05:24:54 pm »
or maybe 'Physical Performance'

Offline rifyraina

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 09:01:50 pm »
Everything you need to know about bodybuilding nutrition such as the role of carbohydrates, proteins and fats when eating for lean muscle mass gains or for fat loss. You will also learn about the importance of caloric cycling for continued results and also about the effectiveness of low carb diets.

Offline rifyraina

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 09:02:30 pm »
Everything you need to know about bodybuilding nutrition such as the role of carbohydrates, proteins and fats when eating for lean muscle mass gains or for fat loss. You will also learn about the importance of caloric cycling for continued results and also about the effectiveness of low carb diets.

Offline Boris

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2013, 05:10:32 am »
I used to be a vegetarian and devote swimmer and runner and was sick all the time, ending heavily underweight. I have been eating cooked paleo and weightlifting about 3,5 years ago. My health increased dramatically and so did my strenght. Ive gained 33 lbs/ 15 kilo doing nothing more than squats, bench presses, pull ups and deadlifts.

In the first year and a half i adhered to a very low carb paleo (less than 30gr carbs a day) cobined with IF. At first i had great results, lots of energy, i leaned down and experienced very fast musclegrowth. After a while this slowed down and eventually stopped. My energy levels went sdown (nothing compared with pre paleo, but still noticably less). Then i read Kiefer's carb Backloading and i started my paleo take on his strategy. I combined it with IF (fasting for 12 to 15 hours) Then i eat  high fat before training(and on non training days} , train in the late afternoon/evening and eat very high carb, high protein after that. With the carbs mainly coming from cooked root vegetables. The results have been amazing. energy levels restored super fast, fat burning accelerated and i gained more and much faster musclemass than before. I started this 9 months ago and the results are still as good. I managed to bring my deadlift at 2x bodyweight (352lbs)

Just very recently i decided to take the step to raw Paleo and now i find myself with a difficulty of macronutrient intake. Where to get my carbs? I dont want to overconsume fruit. And i dont want to go back to very low carb/ keto, or do you think VLC would have a different effect on my metabolism when  i eat raw? I do admit that i am a wee worried for loosing my gains. Been a week on raw now and i noted an increase in strenght or at least a stagnation, defo no inclination, also my weight didnt change. I did note an increase in overall energy and happiness :) But this week have been raw meats, fish, organs + coconut oil, olive oil + fruits, honey, and in the first 3 days also some cooked roots, but started leaving these out now. So what should i do?

Low carb or exchanging the roots with fruit and honey?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2013, 07:08:49 am »
I would try fruit + honey. Bananas work well for me.  If that doesn't work, let us know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk