Author Topic: Sully's Journal  (Read 138824 times)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Sully's Journal
« on: July 24, 2008, 05:30:07 am »
My diet has changed many times.

The evolution...

Typical American Diet (eat whatever as long as you like how it taste)

All Natural Crap (eating based on foolish food labels and popular jibber jabber)

Vegan Diet

Raw Vegan Diet

Started to exclude grain, legumes, dairy and tubers from this point and on....

Raw Omnivorous Diet #1 (included organic eggs and small amount of meat, was eating 5 to 6 meals a day)

Raw Diet #2 (snacking on fruits and/or nuts untill 1pm, then eating a big meal of nuts fruits  veggies and meat at 7pm)

Raw Omnivorous Diet #3 (stopped eating store bought nuts/seeds (only wild) and continue to discuard many other kinds of plants and only eating organic or wild vegetation, eating lighty all day and only after a work out, consist of hand full of berries or other organic fruit, then at about 3 to 4 hours before sleep I eat a big chunk of meat/organ/or other animal flesh comming from a wild animal or a animal fed their natural diet, with a small amount of some carrots or fruit depending on their size)

Raw Omnivorous Diet #4/color] Just eating one meal at night time. Only time I might eat during the day is when I might have a snack after a workout session. I don't buy any plant foods anymore, I just gather all of my plant foods and go carnivore in the winter. Exception: I do buy raw coconut fat occasionally.

Current Height: 5, 11         
                          Weight: 130 pounds         
Age Started Raw Omnivore Diet: 16

Pictures Of some of My Meals I Consumed

I ask myself two questions before eating something.
#1. If i was stranded in the wild with a few simple tools (rocks and sticks) would I be able to acquire it?
#2. If I could acquire it in its raw natural state would I become ill if I consumed it?

I will continue to write down changes in my diet... ;D

Pictures I have took of vegetation I have gathered in my area!
Current Location: Milwaukee, WI USA

Black Mulberry

Pear

Black Walnut

Tart Cherry

White Mulberry

List Vegetation I Have Gathered

Fruits
(part of the plant that encases the seed)
Apple (some varieties)
Pear (some varieties)
Peach
Nectarine
Plum
Mulberry(white & black)
Gooseberry
Cherry (sour)
Raspberry (red & black)
Blackberry
Grapes

Fruits: Nuts
(kernal encased in husk and/or shell)
Black Walnut
Hickory Nuts

Vegetables
(fungi, and any part of the plant that is not the seed encaseer)
Carrot
Dandelion Greens

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 06:27:19 am by Sully »

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Sully's Journal
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 10:16:29 pm »
Hi Sully

Do you always feel improvement with every change you make?

Yuri
It’s time to Eat Like An Animal!

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 01:13:40 am »
Hi Sully

Do you always feel improvement with every change you make?

Yuri
yes, it seems when I increase my plant consumption or eat alot during day hours the less energy I have. The best thing working for me now is one big meal with most of the calories comming from meats and/or organs. Also many vegetables don't digest very well with me. I get kinda bloated. for example.

1lb of carrots vs 1lb of muscle meat

I might feel bloated if i eat that much carrots. My stomach feels calm and somewhat empty but satisfied if i eat the same amount in beef. Although carrot roots are the one vegetable that digest very well with me.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 01:34:26 am by Sully »

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 03:05:46 am »
Where most of my calories are comming from. Biggest to smallest...
1. Organic Beef Muscle
2. Organic/Wild Fruit
3. Organic Carrots (usually yellow carrots)
4. Organic Cow Liver

Most calories? What about animal fat!

Nicola

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 03:15:00 pm »

To avoid this bloated feeling I'd suggest eating animal and plant foods separately. Mr. Aajonus says that "Combining acidic and alkaline foods often neutralizes digestibility, resulting in toxins that deprive us of nutrients." He also says that fats are neutral & may be consumed with either acidic or alkaline foods. So you may try eating from plant kingdom during the day and have you last meal of aminal proteins. Or, as an alternative, eat all your vegetables with fats, as it will promote assimilation of some fat soluble nutrients. In any way try to avoid mixing animal proteins with vegetables.

Yuri

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 02:45:47 am »
To avoid this bloated feeling I'd suggest eating animal and plant foods separately. Mr. Aajonus says that "Combining acidic and alkaline foods often neutralizes digestibility, resulting in toxins that deprive us of nutrients." He also says that fats are neutral & may be consumed with either acidic or alkaline foods. So you may try eating from plant kingdom during the day and have you last meal of aminal proteins. Or, as an alternative, eat all your vegetables with fats, as it will promote assimilation of some fat soluble nutrients. In any way try to avoid mixing animal proteins with vegetables.

Yuri
i'm a mono eater. I eat my meat first then plants during my meal(i don't get bloated if I do that). But do you consider that mixing? What i ment to say is that if I sit down and eat only carrots for a meal I'll get bloated much faster then eating only meat. (not that i eat only carrots for a meal, it's just for example) I thought that's what are hunter gathererer anscestors did usually. Women gathered, men hunted. When men arrived with meat. They ate their meal. Right?  ???
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 03:05:41 am by Sully »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 02:49:59 am »
Most calories? What about animal fat!

Nicola
Isn't there fat in the meats I buy? I bought some meat today. i asked for something in particular...he mentioned he cuts the fat off the sides while explaining why the meats already out were small. Should I be eating that stuff? Should i ask and see if I can get it?

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 05:07:19 am »
Isn't there fat in the meats I buy? I bought some meat today. i asked for something in particular...he mentioned he cuts the fat off the sides while explaining why the meats already out were small. Should I be eating that stuff? Should i ask and see if I can get it?

Try adding animal fat (marrow and suet as most meats have little fat); it's better for you than nuts and bolts.

You are doing well; after all you are only 17 years!

Take care, Nicola

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 06:11:05 am »
Try adding animal fat (marrow and suet as most meats have little fat); it's better for you than nuts and bolts.

You are doing well; after all you are only 17 years!

Take care, Nicola
Sounds good in todays world but....doesn't everyone wish they started when they were born.... :'(

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 02:18:02 pm »
Sounds good in todays world but....doesn't everyone wish they started when they were born.... :'(

Yeah, surely... And with my current problems I wish I had never started...

Yuri

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 02:21:35 pm »
i'm a mono eater. I eat my meat first then plants during my meal(i don't get bloated if I do that). But do you consider that mixing? What i ment to say is that if I sit down and eat only carrots for a meal I'll get bloated much faster then eating only meat. (not that i eat only carrots for a meal, it's just for example) I thought that's what are hunter gathererer anscestors did usually. Women gathered, men hunted. When men arrived with meat. They ate their meal. Right?  ???

Yes, I thought you were eating both vegetables and meats at the same meal. However, since you eat these foods separately, you are unlikely to experience any side-effects of such regimen.
As regards habits of our anscestors your suggestion might be true.

Yuri

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 06:10:28 am »
Yes, I thought you were eating both vegetables and meats at the same meal. However, since you eat these foods separately, you are unlikely to experience any side-effects of such regimen.
As regards habits of our anscestors your suggestion might be true.

Yuri
yeah i'll just eat my fruits or roots first since they digest quicker, i ate my meat first before, but i got your link and read it, it makes since to eat the fruits and veggies first so they don't wait on the slower digesting meat and start to age in my belly, thanks for the link!  :)

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 07:03:29 pm »
I agree with Dr. Bass ideas...

However, some contradicting opinion also do exist... Have a look at the following statements by Aajonus:

"Concerning Whole Vegetables (Salads)
Rarely should we eat whole vegetables but when we do, vegetables should not be eaten sooner than I hour after any other food.
Vegetables move through the intestines slowly. Acidic foods will catch up with them and interfere with digestion. Therefore, no other food should be eaten within 5 hours after eating a vegetable salad."

and

"Salad may be eaten once every 2 to 4 weeks, or not at all. It would be better for digestion if that salad, if eaten, were eaten as the last food of that day. Whole vegetable salads often cause constipation on a raw diet by neutralizing acidic bacteria responsible for forming stools in the bowels and by interfering with digestion of other food."

Here is a Shelton oriented approach:

"When you eat proteins like poultry, fish, meat, and eggs, your stomach secretes hydrochloric acid and the enzyme pepsin to break down the food in a highly acidic environment. When you eat starches like potatoes or bread, your stomach secretes the enzyme ptyalin to create an alkaline condition.

If you eat proteins and starches together, they tend to neutralize each other and inhibit digestion. The poorly-digested food travels through the digestive tract reaching the intestines where it putrefies and causes your blood to become acidic. It also provides a welcome environment for disease-causing pathogens!

To keep this from happening, avoid combining proteins and starches (including grains, like rice, and starchy vegetables, like potatoes) in the same meal. Instead, have non-starchy vegetables and ocean vegetables with your protein meals to achieve optimal digestion.

Non-Starchy Vegetables Include: Leafy greens, broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, carrots, bok choy, cabbage, celery, lettuces, green beans, garlic, fennel, onions, chives, turnips, sprouts, red radish, yellow squash, zucchini, cucumber, beets

Non-starchy vegetables and ocean vegetables digest well in acid OR alkaline environments, so they go with anything: proteins, oils and butter, grains, starchy vegetables, lemons and limes, and soaked and sprouted nuts and seeds..."

However, I strongly recommend you decide for yourself which way to choose. I mean, in theory everything may seem to be fine, but in practice you may realy feel the difference.

Yuri

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 11:57:21 pm »
The only vegetables i'm going to eat are

roots (only certain ones)
leafy greens(only certain ones)

I eat mostly fruits I find outside, I'm sticky to only three maximun different kinds of foods during my meals, and eating them all seperate,

i'm currently fasting for a few days
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 12:00:29 am by Sully »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 01:04:39 am »
My front page is updated!  ;D

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 01:33:39 am »
It's very cool how you're able to gather so many different fruits!

I think there are loquats(sp?) here in the spring. But should I be hesitant to eat fruits growing in a highly populated city?

xylothrill

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 01:08:39 pm »
I like that graphic you made for beginners!

Craig

William

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 09:17:14 pm »

Here is a Shelton oriented approach:

"When you eat proteins like poultry, fish, meat, and eggs, your stomach secretes hydrochloric acid and the enzyme pepsin to break down the food in a highly acidic environment.

Most likely Shelton believed that everyone eats cooked poultry, fish, meat, and eggs.
When eaten raw, the stomach secretes no hydrochloric acid. Digestion will be different.

William

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2008, 09:59:34 pm »
So you if stared eating RAF at 16 years? that means you going to have 5 or so years of growing to do. Have you noticed anything yet eg. started growing again, change in facial structure? Actually I heard males grow up to 23 years of age.

You seem to work out hard and IF so you should have a fair amount of HGH floating around.

I believe having undamaged DNA in the Sperm and egg is the most important thing then after that receiving adequate nutrition in the womb without trauma/infection and then breast feeding. I think what your mother ate is just as important as what you eat.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 10:38:26 pm by wodgina6722 »
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 03:59:29 am »
Most likely Shelton believed that everyone eats cooked poultry, fish, meat, and eggs.
When eaten raw, the stomach secretes no hydrochloric acid. Digestion will be different.

William

Please explain and show proof/study about what you quote "the stomach secretes no hydrochloric acid - digestion will be different"!!!!!

At the moment I am watching a TV Program about the Neanderthaler - they say, that one needs special enzymes in the stomach to digest raw meat and that cooked meat is easier and more nutritious.

I just don't know; humans are full of wisdom, but where is the proof?

Nicola

William

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 07:19:24 am »
The proof that the stomach secretes hydrochloric acid was from experiments on a man who had been shot in the stomach; the wound never healed, leaving a hole. This was in the 1800s. Of course he was given only cooked.

See the works of Aajonus Vonderplantiz for the lack of need of HCl for raw. There was also Jean-Claude Catry of Salt Spring I., B.C., Canada, neither could secrete HCl, so had to eat all raw.

As for the TV Program about the Neanderthaler, raw meat contains all the necessary enzymes. The program is lying about cooked being more nutritious. Google mercola.com, search raw meat for this.

Proof comes from within.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 10:34:58 pm »
So you if stared eating RAF at 16 years? that means you going to have 5 or so years of growing to do. Have you noticed anything yet eg. started growing again, change in facial structure? Actually I heard males grow up to 23 years of age.

You seem to work out hard and IF so you should have a fair amount of HGH floating around.

I believe having undamaged DNA in the Sperm and egg is the most important thing then after that receiving adequate nutrition in the womb without trauma/infection and then breast feeding. I think what your mother ate is just as important as what you eat.

What is HGH? Oh of course I do wish I would have started a healthy diet in the whom. But yes I have noticed differences since a change in diet. I just started to gather frequently and I'm currently increasing my raw animal food consumption. I'm going to start only eating plant foods I can gather myself. So in winter time I'll be almost completely carnivore. Only store bought plants I'll buy are organic carrots and or berries. And very occassionally i'll buy local honey in the comb. I also can find tons of grass hoppers to eat during a certain time of the year.

William

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 11:58:35 pm »
Actually I heard males grow up to 23 years of age.
/quote]

All growth ends at 32.
The last thing is the hardening of a layer at the ends of bones; This is why traditionally a man was considered to be in his prime in his thirties.

This is also why trolls claim that paleoman lived only to thirtytwo, then all died. Of Nothing! :D

William

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2008, 08:47:13 am »
What is HGH? Oh of course I do wish I would have started a healthy diet in the whom. But yes I have noticed differences since a change in diet. I just started to gather frequently and I'm currently increasing my raw animal food consumption. I'm going to start only eating plant foods I can gather myself. So in winter time I'll be almost completely carnivore. Only store bought plants I'll buy are organic carrots and or berries. And very occassionally i'll buy local honey in the comb. I also can find tons of grass hoppers to eat during a certain time of the year.

HGH is human growth hormone, is produced when working out hard and when you go without food (intermittent fasting) it's good for putting on muscle, skeletal building... the list goes on.
I like your idea of carnivore in winter wild omnivore in summer makes a lot of sense.
Actually I heard males grow up to 23 years of age.
/quote]

All growth ends at 32.
The last thing is the hardening of a layer at the ends of bones; This is why traditionally a man was considered to be in his prime in his thirties.

This is also why trolls claim that paleoman lived only to thirtytwo, then all died. Of Nothing! :D

William

Cheers for that William, I'm not suprised we keep growing I've noticed many sportsman can perform at an elite level well into their 30's so yeah the idea that all Paleomen dropped dead at 32 years is a joke.
For example a  32 year old male can easily young enough to still be fathering children and protecting them up to the age of say 13 years old when they could then start to hunt for and protect the younger people/mothers/elders.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:49:46 am by wodgina6722 »
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2008, 11:37:01 pm »
A couple things to mention before you read...
-My mom is poor so I get food stamps, which means I can't get quality meat from ordering.

-I am in total control of the food stamp card, so my mom doesn't spend her money on my meat because she says its too expensive.

-I receive a raised $250 a month, that started recently.

-The only plants I eat are ones that I can gather myself.

My food stamp card is almost empty. It doesn't get refilled until Oct 1st or the 5th. I'm out of quality meat. There is chicken in the freezer. So I boiled it and plan on eating that for dinner tonight. However, the chicken is low quality not even labled, "Organic" or "ALL Natural". I'll eat it with some raw liver I let thaw out, only have about 4oz of liver left in freezer. I do have 7 dollars left on the card. I plan on buying some source of protein with it. Maybe eggs, or maybe low quality meat. I of course, will be eating the fat Lex sent me to help me out. There is no high quality fat I can get from the store except 100% pasture raised butter. The reason i need the fat is because the 100% pastured raised meat that I can buy from the store Is all ground and 95% lean. There is more boneless chicken breast in the freezer, I'll be eating that until I run out. Perhaps, my mom will buy me low quality meat until the food stamps come. When the stamps do come, I'll get $250. So I'll never run into this problem again of no quality meat again.

I don't think any of you would suggest eating the low quality chicken RAW? Or do you?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk