Author Topic: Sully's Journal  (Read 138689 times)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Sully's Journal
« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2011, 04:15:00 pm »
Do some rotten meats have a sour flavor? I think I noticed this once. Maybe it has to do something with craving something sour like a lime? Man, that lime squirted on my sliced beef was delicious and healing. Does anyone else hate fish and chicken as of late? haha I just only want red meat. It's a huge huge craving for me. Red meat is my life lol It has been since I started this diet. Red meat has never failed me, fills me, good stop signal. Ahh RED MEAT!

I definitely notice that more sugar in my diet creates more oil in my skin (I have seen some oil fruititarians ahah). And sometimes pimples/blackheads. Eating lower sugar like this with an occasional sour treat, my pores aren't as oily at all.  How much sugar I eat affects my skin lot, i mean A LOT. I just can't eat too much of it. Whether it's from fruit, or white sugar. White sugar or refined sugar has a much more high affect on my skin though, get pimples/blackheads immediately if I eat stuff with it in it (for example, organic jelly with organic sugar added) messed my skin up day after. It's funny, some people look at me and probably think I never had a problem with acne. Genetics my ass. Got some wild grapes now, now those are a sour treat, I can;t eat much of them at all hahaha Wild fruit never fails, unless your allergic :D

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2011, 04:20:31 pm »
yeah rawzi, I have been trying to update it a bit. Let me know if you have any ideas. ;)

It looks like it's coming along nicely, bravo!

A small thing to maybe correct:
http://wildfoods.weebly.com/mammals.html
Especially when is is 100% grass fed and grass finished.
spelling/typo
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2011, 04:27:57 pm »
Do some rotten meats have a sour flavor? I think I noticed this once. Maybe it has to do something with craving something sour like a lime? ...Does anyone else hate fish and chicken as of late? haha I just only want red meat....

I definitely notice that more sugar in my diet creates more oil in my skin (I have seen some oil fruititarians ahah). And sometimes pimples/blackheads. ... Genetics my ass. ...

If meat sits in paper a full day in my fridge it gets sour smelling and tasting.  I haven't like fish for a while now.  I liked it and other white meats in the beginning better.  Now sometimes I prefer red. 

Eating more carbs gives me annoying skin oil.  Little to no carbohydrates and my skin feels almost prepubescent.  My skin also, by eating raw fatty well combined animal foods, most of my scars went away and new people I meet can't imagine I had bad skin. My skin broke out young and it was deep and pretty much constant.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 13, 2011, 04:42:18 pm »

Eating more carbs gives me annoying skin oil.  Little to no carbohydrates and my skin feels almost prepubescent.  My skin also, by eating raw fatty well combined animal foods, most of my scars went away and new people I meet can't imagine I had bad skin. My skin broke out young and it was deep and pretty much constant.
Thanks I fixed it :)

Yes, me too, it's really horrible, my hair gets oily too if I eat too much carbs. And I swear I get stinkier hahaha Eating lower carb def heals me, and for you too I see. What we do without this knowledge? Just live and say we have horrible genetics, haha, we are fortunate to have found some truth to things in life :) Acne is genetic yes, but directly influenced by one's diet. Ahh the truth. Proactive and all these companies making money, it's a shame.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2011, 04:51:32 pm »
Thanks I fixed it :)
... Ahh the truth. Proactive and all these companies making money, it's a shame.

You're welcome.

I'd rather them make money with a little lotion on the skin than injecting heavy metals, light metals lol formaldehyde, antibiotics to preserve vaccine haha monkey brains, gopher guts, the kitchen sink, accidental contaminants etcetcetc I want to scream!  I would never waste my money on Proactive.  I did try some acne medicines, dermatologists etc as a kid.  Most of the stuff I was completely allergic to.  Still, I'm not too upset they sell it, if I had to pick my battle it would be not injecting abortion extract mumbo jumbo into people.  But yes, genetics don't have to hold anyone in sickness.  We just have different needs than SAD diet to help our skin get as it should be.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 13, 2011, 04:58:44 pm »
Sully,
this could be me! Totally!!! I have just the same experiences as you about food. I just got so happy reading this.
I love sour berries / wild fruit too! I crave them, NOT sweet fruit at all! And red, wild meat.. yummmm. :)
I never get tired of my elkmeat.
Wild fruit truly never fails. Wild herbs/greens neather.

Nice. :-*

Inger

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 13, 2011, 06:41:05 pm »
"Especially when is is 100% grass fed and grass finished."

spelling/typo

I don't see any spell/typo there..
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2011, 06:58:43 pm »
Miles,

...when is is 100% grass fed....

;)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2011, 10:45:02 pm »
WOW that's anazimg! Haha I did not see that at all, even thugoh I re-read like 10 times and even quoted it... As soon as you highlighted it I was like how the hell did I not see that!?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 14, 2011, 01:08:42 am »
WOW that's anazimg! Haha I did not see that at all, even thugoh I re-read like 10 times and even quoted it... As soon as you highlighted it I was like how the hell did I not see that!?

The brain has two different reading modes: proofreading mode and auto-correct mode. Auto-corekt N-ables u 2 rede ths.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 14, 2011, 03:38:21 am »
@rawzi Yeah I used some acne stuff too once and it failed of course. You know, I would like to actually make  website about acne. Or on my wild foods website. List things that healed on me when I change my diet. Kind of like goodsmaritan/Edwin and how he cured eczema. http://www.curemanual.com/

@Inger It's nice you feel the same regarding food :) Elk? mmm. Elk is delicious! I had me some whitetail deer steak recently. My friend has some more free venison for me waiting in the freezer! :) Wild foods..... taste better in my honest opinion, and heal my body. BTW, Your looking amazing Inger! ;) You must be around my age ay? hahahah

@miles hahaha. Man we are 2 of the same hahhaha I thought you were joking when you said you didn't see a mistake. Can never tell with your sense of humor mayn!

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 14, 2011, 04:07:44 am »
@Inger I am actual part Norwegian my mom says. Norwegian, Scottish, and English. German too, and Welsh. Then my dad is Arabic, probably mixed with Jewish, Arab, Bedouin etc. That's a funky mix. Did anyone post a topic yet called? "What's your ancestry?"

I am am really interested in researching my bloodline.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #187 on: October 15, 2011, 03:28:08 am »
Yeah I used some acne stuff too once and it failed of course. You know, I would like to actually make  website about acne. Or on my wild foods website. List things that healed on me when I change my diet. Kind of like goodsmaritan/Edwin and how he cured eczema. http://www.curemanual.com/

That's a great idea!

I am am really interested in researching my bloodline.

Do genetic testing maybe? When people move around a lot, sometimes they may not know as well where their ancestors came from.

Offline papangue

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 15, 2011, 05:40:55 am »
what is genetic testing?
I would love to know my blood line as well. I known for sure that I have French, Spanish ,Portuguese, Indian and African blood.  do you have any thought about interbreeding? is it a good or bad think?

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 15, 2011, 06:16:16 am »
what is genetic testing?
I would love to know my blood line as well. I known for sure that I have French, Spanish ,Portuguese, Indian and African blood.  do you have any thought about interbreeding? is it a good or bad think?
I think in short term it can be either good or bad depending on the situation. A pure African person mating with a pure European person can cause some troubles. Even with just different blood types. Happened with my nephew having a different blood type than my sister (his mom). Causes some troubles. He is older and healthy now. A mixed person back in paleo times might do ok in Africa and ok In Europe. But not do as well as a full breed person native to the region. African bushman are not the best suited for the arctic especially just using animal skins. Nor are Eskimos best suited on an African Savana/desert. Now a days we have modern houses and other things that climate doesn't matter as much.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #190 on: October 15, 2011, 07:34:02 pm »
what is genetic testing?

http://www.ibdna.com/regions/UK/EN/?page=brazillianIdentity

. Happened with my nephew having a different blood type than my sister (his mom). Causes some troubles. He is older and healthy now.

I'm happy he is ok now.  Rh (blue) baby?  That would be super scary somewhere everyone always had the same rh type, and suddenly introducing someone to the area of the other type.  They might have no idea what's going on with the baby born blue or how to deal with it.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2011, 03:32:08 am »
Sully,
I am "almost" your age, yes. ;) At least I feel that way. :) (my age is under my avatar..eh)

I have Scottish blood too :).
Scottish, Norwegian, Swedish. That is all I know. I do think I am very well adapted to eat huge amouts of meat, as a feel great doing it!

Maybe interbreeding might be good? Might make people healthier? At least it is that way with dogs. They are healthier when mixed AFAIK. I do not know, really.

Inger

PS. You look great yourself!  :)

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2011, 04:54:47 am »
Sully,

Could you share what you have been eating in the past week, or what you typically eat? Do you generally eat just a pound of lean meat without adding in cuts of suet?

I tend to begin my meal with raw fat and will eat a bunch (the most I ate was a pound in one sitting) before moving on to lean meat. For a short while I was craving fat, then lean meat (just the other day I ate 2 to 3 pounds of pre-frozen ground beef) and now for the past few days I haven't had any hunger for meat at all, just other foods like a little fruit (a pear or two) and water.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 18, 2011, 09:45:05 am »
inger you are beautiful! i think choosing the mate that is most healthy and fit for creating a healthful natural life with one another no matter what creed is the best idea.
sully, so hey there on the topic of uhm...swapping genetics......hi

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 18, 2011, 10:31:04 am »
@rawzi Yeah, I am not sure. He might have been one of those cases. I know there was some trouble, I think he was blood type B negative. While sister is blood type O positive. Something along the lines of that. I will ask my sister next time I talk with her. And yeah, I am really really really happy he made it. He is 5, turning six now. So the trouble was long ago. Him and I are very close, we always play together and I teach him martial arts. I have lots of mixed siblings too, two are half Mexican, two are half African, I am half Arabic. One is part Native American.

@Inger Yes, you look very young. And if you feel young too, you are doing the right thing ;) And thanks, I think I need to move to Finland now! haha

Ah nice, we may have some close bloodline then. On my moms side some have blue eyes and lighter hair. One of my uncles had light brown hair and blue eyes. Although, even on my dad's Arabian side, some have greenish eyes.
But me too, I feel better on a heavy meat diet.

Yeah I think that might be true to some extent. Most pure breed dogs have problems due to severe inbreeding. Like German Shepherds can have bad hips. And dalmatian's common blindness or deafness.

But it still can be better to stay somewhat close to genetics. For example; Wolves breed with Wolves who live and do well in the local area. Now If you take a wild dog from South America and put it in Yellow Stone National Park with a pack of wild wolves. It might not make it in natural circumstances, or even be accepted by the pack. But who knows, it may bring in useful adaptations to help the next generations. So it all depends.

@zeno Well today I had a few crab apples after training. Kind of bitter, but sweet. About the size of a large grape. I am not that fond of them. Then I had one lime before the meat I ate, cause the crab apples made me crave something sour haha.

But as far as meat, I eat fattier meat. I just go with what my body is hungry for fat. Which is usually 65% of my calories from fat. Which is 85/15 by weight. Depends on weather too, sometimes in cooler weather my fat intake goes up. But I am assuming 65%-70% from fat is my average.

Today I had a little more than 1lb of grass fed ground beef. I might meat more later. I hate that it has no chew. So I seared it on both sides giving some chew to it.  Raw in the center. I usually don't do this with whole meat because of course it has the chew to it.

When I eat whole lean meat, I prefer back fat over suet with it. I get backfat from the market, I just ran out. I take a big chunk of fat and cut pieces, and take some meat, then some fat, then some meat. I don't eat one before the other. I just mix is up naturally. And eat sometimes a chunk of fat with meat at the same time haha

So that's what I been eating, 1-2lbs of fatty meat a day. With some organs, or semi sweet fruit or veggies. I been going to the market for beef and food lately. If I have no time, i go to the health food store by my work for local grass fed beef. Which is what I ate today. Probably going to the market tomorrow.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:43:12 am by Sully »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 18, 2011, 11:06:36 am »
inger you are beautiful! i think choosing the mate that is most healthy and fit for creating a healthful natural life with one another no matter what creed is the best idea.
sully, so hey there on the topic of uhm...swapping genetics......hi
Hahaha. Hello there!  :D

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2011, 05:14:39 am »
I just have Biology in school (I go to high school for adults in Helsinki, almost finished :)).
My Teacher just told us, it is always better to mate someone that is genetically very different. Makes healthier babies. :)
We had about genetics etc. this week. Very intresting.
HA. Now I know.. the Vikings were very clever, travelling around and raping the beautiful women from different countries... ;)
Fresh blood. Healthy genes. >D

Inger
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 05:26:14 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #197 on: November 13, 2011, 05:53:05 am »
Inbreeding can be fine, but only as long as one never allows those manifesting defects to live and breed(something less and less likely to happen ever since the advent of fire, I think):-

"In small populations, as long as children born with inheritable birth defects die (or are killed) before they reproduce, the ultimate effect of inbreeding will be to decrease the frequency of defective genes in the population; over time the gene pool will be healthier. In larger populations, however, it is more likely that large numbers of carriers will survive and mate, leading to more constant rates of birth defects." taken from:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest_taboo

In the case of dogs, humans bred them often for non-survival purposes, such as making many breeds' faces look more like human babies, thus hindering their breathing etc.It's been claimed by scientists that if all dogs were released into the wild, that, eventually over generations, they would all resemble wolves, as the deleterious "dog-genes" would all die out as they are not linked to survival.

While I am descended from peoples all over Europe(4 different types of Celt, Scandinavia, England, Czechoslovakia, Austria, Slovenia), I do sometimes wish I were the product of inbreeding(as long as I did not inherit any defective genes). Inbreeding seems the only way to guarantee certain cool mutations. For example, I have heard of a Spanish village which has a lot of people with 6 fingers on each hand.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 09, 2012, 02:21:30 pm »
Made a blog about diet and experiments.

http://sullypaleo.blogspot.com/

I wish there was an easier way to insert images on here.

Picked some local fruits already, took the pics with my phone. So not as good.

sour cherries

sour clover

raw jerky

rainier or bing cherries (see some that look like rainer, and some that look like bing on the same tree)

the cooked bluegill I tried

strawberry in my sister's garden

local eggs

grass fed beef, chuck

raw meat salad

used book i got from store,

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 09, 2012, 02:25:19 pm »
live strong, healthy and happy folks! hehe