Author Topic: I just heard of breatharianism!  (Read 4557 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I just heard of breatharianism!
« on: March 06, 2010, 02:41:56 pm »
Is it just me or is stupid concepts like people who believe they can live soley on air and sun which give people like us bad wraps. If you wanna read up on it heres an article, but while reading it don't take it seriously... even though the followers of this diet do.
http://www.angelfire.com/stars3/breathe_light/breatharianism.html
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I just heard of breatharianism!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 02:53:02 pm »
I saw a video recently of a breatharian who says fruits in grocery stores talk to him.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 03:25:11 pm »
I saw a video recently of a breatharian who says fruits in grocery stores talk to him.
Yeh they have a bunch of pretty weird stories...that really doesn't suprise me. Besides haven't you heard of the fruit whisperer?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 04:13:40 pm »
Is it just me or is stupid concepts like people who believe they can live soley on air and sun which give people like us bad wraps. If you wanna read up on it heres an article, but while reading it don't take it seriously... even though the followers of this diet do.
http://www.angelfire.com/stars3/breathe_light/breatharianism.html

I had heard about breatharianism from my teacher barefoot herbalist mh who suggested a fruitarian diet.  I could not survive on fruitarian so I'm not even dreaming of being a breatharian.

Besides I live in the most polluted city in my country.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 05:37:47 pm »
it's an interesting idea. There is some scientific evidence for it in a way, all taken from the concepts of calorie restriction and fasting - this being that ALL food stresses the body and to eat as little as possible. But the fundamental claim though that you can live without eating whatsoever and just off the environment...never seen any plausible explanation.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 11:25:00 pm »

If you believe that everything around you is energy, than I think it would be possible.

Not really logical since I believe there is a purpose we have our stomach.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 05:24:02 am »
I love the idea but its bs. If this energy was in anyway accessible enough to use to sustain life then some animal would have done it already. Also all of their gurus have been caught cheating and almost no followers live past 60. And although i believe in calorie restriction your body still needs to get its nutrients from somewhere. Our body needs more than just energy to run.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 04:39:42 am »
Breatharianism is the most hilarious of all diets (or should I call it a non-diet? :D ), making even 811 seem normal in comparison. When I first heard about it I thought it was a joke--a parody of dogmatic dietary extremism and extraordinary claims.

According to I think PaNu, Art De Vany, Michael Eades, and others, intermittent fasting achieves the same benefits as caloric restriction without having to starve yourself.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 06:55:58 am »
I thought it was a joke to but its not ???.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk