Author Topic: Numnut scientists call for focus on killing gut bacteria  (Read 3110 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Numnut scientists call for focus on killing gut bacteria
« on: March 06, 2010, 07:43:53 am »
...and ignore the research related to the hygiene hypothesis showing that good bacteria and parasites counteract bad bacteria and actually cure Crohn's disease without having to take any medications.

Gut bacteria and disease may be linked
SHENZHEN, China
Thu Mar 4, 2010 10:48am ESTSHENZHEN, China (Reuters) - Some of the hundreds of bacteria found in the digestive systems of humans may be linked to specific diseases like cancer, diabetes and obesity, an international team of scientists said in a paper on Thursday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62244320100304

"Apart from helping you digest, these bacteria may also play a very important role in ... diseases like Crohn's disease, cancer, obesity,"
Wang, executive director of the Beijing Genomics Institute, said in an interview with Reuters.

"If you just tackle these bacteria, it is easier than treating the human body itself. If you find that a certain bug is responsible for a certain disease and you kill it, then you kill the disease," Wang said.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Numnut scientists call for focus on killing gut bacteria
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 01:24:11 pm »
Gut bacteria and disease may be linked
SHENZHEN, China
Thu Mar 4, 2010 10:48am ESTSHENZHEN, China (Reuters) - Some of the hundreds of bacteria found in the digestive systems of humans may be linked to specific diseases like cancer, diabetes and obesity, an international team of scientists said in a paper on Thursday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62244320100304

Yeah.  Bacteria get rid of cancer.  Let's get rid of the bacteria so we can make more cancer and money.  That's not me.  Just trying to get into the medical auTHORities heads.  I bet that's close enough to their exact thought process.  No bacteria=lots of cancer money, and more cancer money, and more cancer money ...  It's linked alright.  It's so nice to hear when doctors wake up and leave their medical practices or just go raw.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 02:47:51 pm »
    Yeah.  Bacteria get rid of cancer.  Let's get rid of the bacteria so we can make more cancer and money.  That's not me.  Just trying to get into the medical auTHORities heads.  I bet that's close enough to their exact thought process.  No bacteria=lots of cancer money, and more cancer money, and more cancer money ...  It's linked alright.  It's so nice to hear when doctors wake up and leave their medical practices or just go raw.
Rawzi, you should read muscle smoke and mirrors the book. Although its mostly about body building, a small portion of it is about the bull **** the goverment does to make money off of us being unhealthy. Crappy diet=disease=western meds=money for goverment=even more diseases=more western meds= more money for goverment. At the end of this equation for most people you can just restart at the beggining because thats what inevidably will happen.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

alphagruis

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 06:41:50 pm »
The link is unfortunately just another example of bad science and present confusion in molecular biology.

Presence of "bad bacteria" is not the cause but just a consequence or a symptom of disease. Killing them will not cure the disease, anyway, just change it into another usually more dangerous form for a while.

Moreover from a pure scientific point of view there is little interest to spend a lot of money and map the genomes of the gut flora in people who eat the inappropriate modern diets such as SAD.

Much more interesting would be to characterize the gut flora in RP dieters and find out more precisely what a "good" appropriate gut flora actually is.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk