Author Topic: How do you make "Raw" Pemmican?  (Read 15581 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: How do you make "Raw" Pemmican?
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 01:53:23 pm »
The global earthquakes have got me jittery.
I need to prepare an emergency kit for the family.
Pemmican is reputed to be a good survival food.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 03:32:12 pm »
Don`t buy it from William given the grainfed nature of part of his pemmican. Get  100% grassfed pemmican instead.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 04:29:21 pm »
The global earthquakes have got me jittery.
I need to prepare an emergency kit for the family.
Pemmican is reputed to be a good survival food.

lol "2012" is just a SF movie you know.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 05:03:56 pm »
lol "2012" is just a SF movie you know.

Not that.  Chile real earthquake, Haiti real earthquake.
Japan has earthquakes.
Philippines has earthquakes.
I was in that Big One in 1990.
Chile earthquake of 2010 was bigger.
Philippines is an earthquake prone country.
Last year we had the big flood.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

William

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 10:47:25 pm »
Good points, and I've wondered about them, with no answer except YMMV.

Pemmican is dehydrating GS! :D

I sip water all day long, and have it by my bed at night, might be why it's not dehydrating for me.

I think the main reason I struggle with my 'raw' pemmican is the fact that it is really tasty and compact. I overeat (as If addicted) I then feel sick and get a headache. The 'stop' is blurred by the processed nature of this food.

I sometimes get a characteristic headache, always same part of the head; I only get a stop when I eat something bad for me.

No other carnivore eats such a highly processed/compact/bacteria free/dehydrating food.

No other carnivore is also a fativore. It would be a very interesting experiment to feed some animals such a high fat diet, and see what happens. That should be both raw meat+fat and for other animals, pemmican.

It's still a great emergency food, especially for catastrophes etc but for us who come from serious illness it's always going to cause problems. I'm going to make some 'cold' pemmican with cold ground suet and jerky powder mixed in. I'll keep this in the freezer and see how I feel after eating it.

It's what put my serious illness in remission and healed delfuego's wife's Lyme disease, so I can't say whether the remaining problems are from pemmican or the unhealed damage suffered during the many years before starting this WOE, or maybe just because I am over 70 and any healing is slower.

Of course, I use the wrong fat, this confuses my results.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 11:00:49 pm by William »

alphagruis

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 11:27:09 pm »
Pemmican is dehydrating GS! :D

I think the main reason I struggle with my 'raw' pemmican is the fact that it is really tasty and compact. I overeat (as If addicted) I then feel sick and get a headache. The 'stop' is blurred by the processed nature of this food.

No other carnivore eats such a highly processed/compact/bacteria free/dehydrating food.

It's still a great emergency food, especially for catastrophes etc but for us who come from serious illness it's always going to cause problems. I'm going to make some 'cold' pemmican with cold ground suet and jerky powder mixed in. I'll keep this in the freezer and see how I feel after eating it.

I agree. It is clear this kind of food contains almost no water, that's why it keeps so long, which makes it a very concentrated food to eat in strictly limited quantities and drink enough water. No clear stop as with unprocessed food.

I intend to use it on board during sailing (no need of refrigeration). I guess that if our sailor ancestors had embarked it and eaten during their long voyages they would not have suffered from scurvy and many other ailments.

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2013, 06:10:10 pm »
I'm going to make some 'cold' pemmican with cold ground suet and jerky powder mixed in. I'll keep this in the freezer and see how I feel after eating it.

Cold Pemmican:

It is 2 years old thread, but I am still very much interested to know about the results of this Cold Pemmican (i.e. cold ground suet and jerky powder mixed in).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk