Author Topic: Merged DR discussions...  (Read 56120 times)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: durianrider on youtube has holes in his food theory....
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2010, 03:11:31 am »
Heh, I could only handle a mere few of his videos before I wanted to throw up...
When I have properly digested my food and have some time I shall try and observe more ha ha

I watched this one where he is running beside a girl on a bike, showing people how 'athletic' he is...ummmm I know many people that can run like that for a long time, even ones on SAD diet...and then the girl is like "I can hardly keep up with you on my bike"...I just burst out laughing, you kidding me is that how fast she can bike? She must also be a fruitarian....in that video they are making fun of their own selves its soo funny.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2010, 03:28:54 am »
The guy has stats to show. He is doing some pretty amazing things with his body, this should not be taken from him. I am impressed. But his personality is obsessive...at best. And manages to get booted from raw food foras and create drama wherever he goes. He is a grade A attentionwhore. And perhaps it is just me but I think he looks more and more trashed as time progress and he becomes increasingly disjointed in speech and logic. I have had my share of brushing words with him but gave up because I realised that I am not dealing with reason, but faith. I hope him and his girlsfriend will remain in good health in and past their personal experiment.

The video with his alleged AV following friend does not sit right with me. Obviously Aajonus is in good health and even if I find him extreme, I doubt he would deliberately hurt others. Its not his vibe. So I suspect that if AV saw the sorry state this friend of his is in, dont you think he would be told "youre doing it wrong mate"?. All the people here are health geeks to some extend, and if any of us looked that bad there would be regular post shitstorm. Do all the people who get poor results from paleo type diets just stay in their caves and eat their meat and thats why he is the first I have seen that looked that trashed from it? what is going in here?

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2010, 03:44:26 am »
I have already created a youtube account and will make some videos as soon as a I have time! I think there are not enough positive paleo videos but instead of making videos to insult people like him we should make informative and positive videos that are not extremist. That way the public can decide who's crazy and who's not :P

I'm not sure posting YouTube videos is the best way of promoting our diet, to be honest.  I'm not sure any kind of promotion is required or, indeed, a wise approach. There are plenty of books and forums in existence already to provide people who are ready for the truth to gain the information they need.  We need to be careful we don't join the circus of fruitarians, vegans et al espousing their unique dogma to anybody willing to listen.

As you said yuli, DR (and his contemporaries) manage to make themselves look ridiculous enough on their own.  To anybody in their right mind subsiding on even SAD, DR is clearly another severely malnourished, psychologically disturbed individual to whom we should feel nothing but compassion.  Let's not ridicule or try competing with these individuals. 

Like the growing trend towards petty, irrational and personal arguments on this forum of late - it's completely unnecessary and serves only to risk damaging our own credentials.
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2010, 04:03:09 am »
Don't worry man. I would not think of ridiculing him or even mentioning his name on youtube, this forum is another story because everyone likes a bit of rant and gossip we're only human. I would hate to make myself a clown on youtube personally.

The types of videos I will make will be very simple, for example preparation and recipe videos, various yummi meat sauces, and I love making various vegan dishes not because I think vegan is good diet on its own because I like to eat raw vegetables, so I'd show how to prepare many great salads and sides to eat with meat or to eat when you're not eating meat. Also how to prepare great deserts for those that can handle a little honey and/or nuts in their diet, and encourage people people grow their own fruit, veggies and herbs in their yard and show them how easy it is. I have to kill some of my raspberry bushes now cause they are getting out of control ha ha. Yet people here are still buying raspberries and apples in the fall )=

Also to discuss things like where one can buy raw-worthy meat in my area, and for example, what to order at a restaurant, reviews of sashimi places. etc etc

Yeah there are books and articles on this stuff...but people these days don't want to read, they want to go on youtube and search for a healthy diet, then they see clowns like the durian guy (by the way durian is great and yummi - but he is not, how come? :P ) and the video where he films the crazy homeless-looking guy eating meat, who can't even speak properly. Yeah I can go on the street, hand a bum a bunch of fruit and tell him to sit in a park and eat it while I film him and say that this is what you'll look like eating only fruit, but that's not in my style.

I have always loved preparing food, and I look great on camera (I had some practice here and there) so making my own free 'uncooking' show should be a fun thing. I am not going to even mention the vegan or fruitarian diets, its not worth it.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2010, 04:17:41 am »
The guy has stats to show. He is doing some pretty amazing things with his body, this should not be taken from him.

Maybe what I said was unfair, if he can be semi-athletic on a fruitarian diet that's really good for him. But still I think many people eating a healthier version of SAD can beat his records though. Is there any video in particular of him doing something physically amazing? Maybe I missed that.

By the way I am enjoying and posting in this forum it's quite fun, I will try to not be argumentative and judging of people like him but sometimes its in my nature and I can't help it aaaaah

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2010, 05:04:13 am »
Heh, I could only handle a mere few of his videos before I wanted to throw up...
When I have properly digested my food and have some time I shall try and observe more ha ha

I watched this one where he is running beside a girl on a bike, showing people how 'athletic' he is...ummmm I know many people that can run like that for a long time, even ones on SAD diet...and then the girl is like "I can hardly keep up with you on my bike"...I just burst out laughing, you kidding me is that how fast she can bike? She must also be a fruitarian....in that video they are making fun of their own selves its soo funny.
Lol I followed all of his videos when I was a fruitarian. The girl on the bike is fruitarian. IMO the only reason he can sustain himself is because he blends like 80% of his food so its quicker to eat. Not to mention most of his diet is just bananas and dates.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline ster546464@yahoo.co.uk

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2010, 10:08:17 am »

what video is that

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2010, 10:15:01 am »
I clicked on it randomly and not sure which one, or what the title of it was...just search durianrider in youtube and I think it in the first few results not sure though.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2010, 03:40:23 am »
The types of videos I will make will be very simple, for example preparation and recipe videos, various yummi meat sauces,... I'd show how to prepare many great salads and sides to eat with meat or to eat when you're not eating meat. Also how to prepare great deserts for those that can handle a little honey and/or nuts in their diet, and encourage people people grow their own fruit, veggies and herbs in their yard and show them how easy it is...Also to discuss things like where one can buy raw-worthy meat in my area, and for example, what to order at a restaurant, reviews of sashimi places. etc etc.

This is sounds fantastic yuli!  I can't wait to watch your videos myself now!  :)

Yeah there are books and articles on this stuff...but people these days don't want to read, they want to go on youtube and search for a healthy diet

I get the impression you have the potential to act as a wonderful representative of the diet to the youth of today.  At 38 and after 10 years of eating this way, I'm obviously over the hill as I still prefer to read!  :)  But, you're probably right that the majority of younger adults and youths do refer to the internet for their information (for better or worse?!).  In this respect, it's important that the diet is represented in a medium to which they can relate and are exposed.  I do think it's important that you're 'time served' with this WOE before going ahead with such projects, however.  I think this would not only enhance your knowledge, deep understanding and ability to teach but would also improve your own credentials.  Perhaps it could even be a project you collaborate on with others from the forum?

Do any other long-term RPDers have any thoughts on the matter?

1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2010, 07:17:12 am »
This is sounds fantastic yuli!  I can't wait to watch your videos myself now!  :)

I get the impression you have the potential to act as a wonderful representative of the diet to the youth of today.  At 38 and after 10 years of eating this way, I'm obviously over the hill as I still prefer to read!  :)  But, you're probably right that the majority of younger adults and youths do refer to the internet for their information (for better or worse?!).  In this respect, it's important that the diet is represented in a medium to which they can relate and are exposed.  I do think it's important that you're 'time served' with this WOE before going ahead with such projects, however.  I think this would not only enhance your knowledge, deep understanding and ability to teach but would also improve your own credentials.  Perhaps it could even be a project you collaborate on with others from the forum?

Do any other long-term RPDers have any thoughts on the matter?

I'm quite a bookworm, and enjoy reading books about health and nutrition and many other topics. I bought a hard copy of NAPD, despite its online availability. I find it much more enjoyable to read an actual book, than to read a computer screen.

It's easy to read an explorer's account of how a healthy primitive tribe ate raw organs. But for a newbie, it may not be so easy to actually buy some meat and eat it raw in today's modern society. It would certainly help to see a video testimony of someone who's been doing it for a long time, with good results and no "food poisoning".

I think that this guy's videos are good:
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/primal-diet/youtube-video-of-long-term-primal-dieter/

Goodsamaritan also has some good videos of his kids eating raw meat.
http://www.youtube.com/user/goodsamaritan55

And if you want some entertainment, take a look at this guy's videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFruitarian
He's a fruitarian runner who seems much more rational and polite than durianrider, but many of his videos are downright ridiculous.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2010, 08:32:26 am »

I would love to collaborate on projects! I myself have not been in this diet for long so it is still an exciting learning process for me...

I have tried many diets however, cooked paleo, Atkins, vegetarian, frutarian, Wai, 'healthy'-SAD. I find adding cooked food to the diets (except for a rare treat) is what makes people revert to their SAD ways...even when I was on SAD I always tried to do the healthier version of it but it was very hard. Also besides some minor acne I had no health problems to cure but still kept trying different ways of eating because I knew something was wrong, it felt wrong...And now I know - that raw paleo is the diet for HUMANS, and that I will stick with this forever!! I have absolutely no willpower I like to do what I want and this seems to be the easiest thing and what I want, that alone shows its THE diet. Yes one day I may not want to eat vegetable anymore, or want to eat more fats, or LC blah blah, as long as its raw paleo! I have yet to find the best raw paleo combo for me...so far it seems mostly meat and seafood, fruits in season IN MY AREA (berries, apples...), some veggies here and there, and an occasional treat of either dairy or nuts. I do think the raw paleo combo that works best for one depends on A) where they live B) existing health problems C) genetics AND nationality (and this is NOT meant be racist I hope you agree) and D) your age!

I am web and graphics designer as well, hence why I like to stick to computers and Internet more then books...I love books, but I have been working with computers all my life and it's also all I do for a living. Let me tell you many young people these days turn to computers to find the answers, there is much false info, also much good info and I think we should add to the bucket of good info on the net. Besides reading online saves paper you can't argue with that heh heh just jokin  -X

I am busy with work at the moment but my work schedule is so random...as soon as I get something coherent going on this I will make sure to update everyone on here if they are curious or if they want to collaborate in some way.

Everyone seems to see this diet as weird, dangerous or just nuts...but I think and hope this will change with time.

Michael:
Thanks for the links I shall take a look  ;D

cheers

PS: my business trip got delayed to next week so I won't have to 'compromise', now I can go to the ST Lawrence farmers markets and see what goodies they got and ask them some questions. ...yay

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2010, 10:20:52 am »
I would love to collaborate on projects! I myself have not been in this diet for long so it is still an exciting learning process for me...

I have tried many diets however, cooked paleo, Atkins, vegetarian, frutarian, Wai, 'healthy'-SAD. I find adding cooked food to the diets (except for a rare treat) is what makes people revert to their SAD ways...even when I was on SAD I always tried to do the healthier version of it but it was very hard. Also besides some minor acne I had no health problems to cure but still kept trying different ways of eating because I knew something was wrong, it felt wrong...And now I know - that raw paleo is the diet for HUMANS, and that I will stick with this forever!! I have absolutely no willpower I like to do what I want and this seems to be the easiest thing and what I want, that alone shows its THE diet. Yes one day I may not want to eat vegetable anymore, or want to eat more fats, or LC blah blah, as long as its raw paleo! I have yet to find the best raw paleo combo for me...so far it seems mostly meat and seafood, fruits in season IN MY AREA (berries, apples...), some veggies here and there, and an occasional treat of either dairy or nuts. I do think the raw paleo combo that works best for one depends on A) where they live B) existing health problems C) genetics AND nationality (and this is NOT meant be racist I hope you agree) and D) your age!

I am web and graphics designer as well, hence why I like to stick to computers and Internet more then books...I love books, but I have been working with computers all my life and it's also all I do for a living. Let me tell you many young people these days turn to computers to find the answers, there is much false info, also much good info and I think we should add to the bucket of good info on the net. Besides reading online saves paper you can't argue with that heh heh just jokin  -X

I am busy with work at the moment but my work schedule is so random...as soon as I get something coherent going on this I will make sure to update everyone on here if they are curious or if they want to collaborate in some way.

Everyone seems to see this diet as weird, dangerous or just nuts...but I think and hope this will change with time.

Michael:

cheers

PS: my business trip got delayed to next week so I won't have to 'compromise', now I can go to the ST Lawrence farmers markets and see what goodies they got and ask them some questions. ...yay

Whats great about the net too is it is unfiltered. There is unfiltered news and banned videos from tv so we can all get a better understanding of what is really going on in the world. IMO, no news should be filtered; it is our right to know everything that is going on in the world. Anyway, thats my take on the internet. Never look to the TV for truth, it is all lies. Find good internet sources. www.realityzone.com is my favorite site for truth topics (if you're interested). I think politics and culture is the other side of the story to this diet. On one hand, government agencies, FDA, and such want to stick their hands in our business, and send us to a psychiatrist because we have "mental problems" so they can sell us drugs and make profit. On the other hand, people are simply just afraid of what they don't know; especially from being deceived for so long. If we first change the culture, we can change politics. That is why we must not be afraid to speak our minds and let everyone know we eat raw meat. Shout it loud, be proud of it, and let others follow you by your example of great health and success.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2010, 12:32:22 pm »

Michael:

cheers

I was also planning on making youtube videos eventually. However I wanted to make sure I had lots of extra experience under my belt so I decided to wait. But I can't wait to see yours! Also is your avatar a pic of you because it doesn't look like you ever had acne at all.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2010, 12:42:33 pm »
yep thats me, ok I wouldn't call it REAL acne just annoying zits that kept popping up on my face here and there, especially during that time of the month  :'(
The pimples would heal pretty fast and be easily coverable by makeup so thats why you can't see them there, I was wearing makeup. I'd wear makeup outside so most people didn't think I had them...
Now I have none on my face, I think it was the toxins from the cooked foods, or the grains, sugars and processed dairy, either way raw paleo is doing the trick  ;D

Offline ster546464@yahoo.co.uk

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
Durianrider article on wonderplanitz
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2010, 07:54:48 pm »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Durianrider article on wonderplanitz
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2010, 08:18:37 pm »
http://durianrider.wordpress.com/

hhmmm

The durian rider idiot's strategy is to attack Aajonus Vonderplanitz to attack all raw meat eating...

The durian rider idiot does not deserve new threads.  There is only one thread for the fruitarian idiot.

Any more Durian Rider new thread starters will be suspected of being Durian Rider in disguise. 

Remember that this crazy idiot does not care for your health or the health of your kids.

This crazy idiot thinks the world is overpopulated and so castrated / snipped himself so his own kind will not reproduce.

Crazy vegans like him don't care if they become sterile, impotent, non-sexual "androgenous" robots... as long as their "cuddly" animals don't get eaten.

He does not want YOU or I to be truly healthy to be cured of our diseases or to overcome our infertilities to raise our own families to raise our own children for generations to come.

Durian rider believes in his own DEAD END.  Good riddance.

While many of us have the true desire to HEAL, TO LIVE, TO RAISE families, to perform at our best.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 08:29:40 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: Merged DR discussions...
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2010, 08:31:42 pm »
I kinda like him. Like that crazy mate who you never actually listen to way.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2010, 08:43:56 pm »
ORGASM

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2010, 08:58:04 pm »
The article that DR wrote on his blog is tough to argue against.  The things he attributes to AV are accurate, as best I can recall.  I can't vouch for the stories about people he personally knows and their maladies, of course.

As I've mentioned on other threads, I do not hold Aajonus Vanderplanitz in particularly high esteem.  I don't think RPDers gain any value by associating with him.  I agree with his assertions in some cases, but it's easy to interpret him as a goofball because of some of his more extreme and bewildering assertions (eating shit, for instance). 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2010, 09:04:47 pm »
The article that DR wrote on his blog is tough to argue against.  The things he attributes to AV are accurate, as best I can recall.  I can't vouch for the stories about people he personally knows and their maladies, of course.

As I've mentioned on other threads, I do not hold Aajonus Vanderplanitz in particularly high esteem.  I don't think RPDers gain any value by associating with him.  I agree with his assertions in some cases, but it's easy to interpret him as a goofball because of some of his more extreme and bewildering assertions (eating shit, for instance).  

I have read Aajonus and first and foremost Aajonus is a healer.  Aajonus does not care about being on raw paleo diet.  He only recommends what he has experimented on that works for him and / or his patients.

The idiot troll durian rider cherry picks Aajonus quotes to turn it around and use it as black propaganda... aka OUT OF CONTEXT.

We as a group have something superior over Aajonus as a single thinker because we exchange ideas amongst one another.  We learn from each other, we learn from Aajonus.

I owe a debt of gratitude to Aajonus because as a healer I found him and his books and his writings and what do you know, aside from the raw dairy, most of his principles and healing protocols work.  

If it wasn't for Aajonus, I would not have found raw paleo diet, I would not have found Geoff Purcell.

Remember that Durian Rider is full of BS.

I bet Durian Rider's recommended diet does not work for YOU or your Family.  Keep that in mind.

But you can just lay off the Dairy and the Veggy juice and Aajonus' ideas will certainly work great for YOU and your Family.

Does Durian Rider have thankful people healed of their conditions because of long term veganism... Bzzzz not a chance.  We know veganism is just a temporary detox protocol.  Next stop is MALNUTRITION.

While Aajonus has people all over the internet thanking him for healing their illnesses.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:12:56 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2010, 10:46:22 pm »
The durianrider article...

I've seen some of his videos about AV, and there were a lot of untrue statements he made in those.

Aajonus talks about eating green bananas vs ripe ones and that you should eat lots of white bread baguettes with raw unsalted butter if you get low blood sugar.

The second part of the sentence isn't true... He advised eating a little refined starch with an equal amount of butter, not eating lots of baguettes.

One recipie Aajonus Vonderplanitz advises is ‘a cut of fatty meat, smeared with your own faeces and put inside a glass jar in the fridge for 6months plus.’

Well... That's not in his book and I don't believe it. The only feces he "recommends" in his books is that of ruminants, and in fact he doesn't recommend it, he just says that it has the same benefits as high meat and that he gave it to a woman who wouldn't wait for her high meat to be ready.

About his friends / roommates, there was somebody who commented one of his videos where DR told the story about the dead girl / woman, and the person who commented said that the dead female didn't truly eat what AV recommended. DR made a comeback, which made it clear that he actually new the person who commented. So... that is at least a clear hint that DR wasn't entirely truthful on that.

Of course I don't know the real story of the dead female or the guy who ended up in the ER, but some people just take the healthfood things to certain extremes. I read that in the 60s when macrobiotics were hip, some ex-junky drank a bottle of tamari (kind of soy sauce) and died. Well, the macro gurus certainly had not recommended anything like that, so it appears to have been entirely his fault.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2010, 11:38:17 pm »
The fact that he has to use fear and negativity to justify his way of being proves that he is afraid that more and more people will see the sense in eating meat, esp. raw meat. It's his last cry for attention, most people do this when they have nothing left...he can't say enough good things about his way, so instead he will fill his blog with hate and false imagery. I think most normal-SAD people think he is more ridiculous then us.
Oh look he is a PETA supporter, how surprising!  :P
He should tone down or some paleo will come to his house and eat him, just kidding  >D

Offline vladimir

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Durianrider article on wonderplanitz
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2010, 08:09:06 pm »
http://durianrider.wordpress.com/

hhmmm

Why do we even talk about this Aussie anyway?  l)

Look, at his latest fascination is with Daniel Vitalis. Daniel cant even change his diet without DR prancing around in his 'go vegan' running outfit.

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/why-daniel-vitalis-aint-a

Edited by the Wodg, this thread needs to stay civilised
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 06:15:59 am by wodgina »

Offline vladimir

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2010, 08:11:03 pm »

As I've mentioned on other threads, I do not hold Aajonus Vanderplanitz in particularly high esteem.  I don't think RPDers gain any value by associating with him.  I agree with his assertions in some cases, but it's easy to interpret him as a goofball because of some of his more extreme and bewildering assertions (eating shit, for instance).  

There is nothing to argue with people like Durianrider. Its either there way or the highway. Eating your own faeces is something many wild animals do. Just read 'wild health' Eric before you go putting Aajonus down.

Edited by the Wodg, need to keep this thread civilised.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 05:42:11 am by wodgina »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk