Author Topic: Questions for Carnivores  (Read 18607 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Carnivores
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2010, 06:01:05 am »
I should also mention that during the times I never had a bowel movement, I also didn't feel like having one either.. I don't know if that is considered constipation, but I don't consider it constipation.  To me, constipation is when you feel like you have to go but you can't.  Everytime I actually felt like I had to go, I had no problem with my BMs except for the times I ate non-raw took a little extra effort.

Also, I noticed I would see certian things come out, such as reddish stools after eating watermelon, or grape skins after eating grapes, however, following sequential eating and the fact that everything should come out in the same order in which they were eaten, sometimes I never really saw the meat parts ever come out, so that also leads me to believe the meat is either fully or mostly digested.  Or I could possibly have just not been able to tell which parts of my stool were meat parts.   -\
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2010, 07:29:20 am »
I should also mention that during the times I never had a bowel movement, I also didn't feel like having one either.. I don't know if that is considered constipation, but I don't consider it constipation.  ...
The Bristol stool scale (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Stool_Scale) seems to be widely accepted as a standard for determining what constipation is. BM frequency and sensations are too variable and vague to use as a standard that we can all understand.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2010, 08:41:57 pm »
Hay phil let me know how that coconut butter is, I am curious about what other raw fooders think about it .

My wife eats eat by the spoon(and she is very picky, my kids eat it, my 2 year old uses it as a dipping sauce for meat, Its a paleo dessert. But I don't know anyone else {besides marks daily apple} who raves about it as I do
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 12:51:44 am »
What's your opinion on Mark's comment that coconut butter is "addictive"?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 05:50:05 am »
I totally agree with mark so be warned, but at least its a positive addiction, just like I am addicted now to raw animal foods, but its a beneficial addiction. Like I said I use it as a dipping sauce for my meats and also dip fat trimmings in it. I go a couple of days without it every now and then, but then I get such a strong craving I pig out on about 2 tablespoons with a pound of beef and a little fat trimming and I feel great, no shame like with other vices. It may be that somewhere subconsciously it takes the place of dairy biased creamy desserts, It has a cream like quality that euphoric in itself
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 05:55:11 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 04:17:38 pm »
The Bristol stool scale (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Stool_Scale) seems to be widely accepted as a standard for determining what constipation is. BM frequency and sensations are too variable and vague to use as a standard that we can all understand.

Yeah, but the thing is sometimes I've had closer to type 1 stools that were fairly easy to pass, at least only with a little extra effort than usual, (and I usually only got them recently after eating non-raw foods) whereas I have had times with type 2 or 3 stools that were nearly impossible to pass, and took tremendous effort to pass (usually infrequently though, and only before I started raw) which, I think, means I was more constipated then.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk