Author Topic: Kurites Journal of Recovery  (Read 6941 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Kurites Journal of Recovery
« on: March 20, 2010, 03:17:26 pm »
Hi,
Id like to start out by saying what some of my problems that I would like to fix by being on a raw paleo diet:
Over weight: Im about 200 lbs (I will re-weigh myself in the morning) Im 5"10.5
Eczema: Ive had it all my life and hope to get rid of it which according to some members will go away on this diet.
Perioral Dermatitis: Pretty much same issue as eczema
Acne: I use to be a raw vegan and although most of my acne went away not 100% of it did.
OCD: I dont even know if this is directly related to diet but Ill keep my hopes up.
Dry skin: No matter how much I moisturize it just doesn't go away.

Unfortunately I only currently have access to 100% grass fed beef stew. Im going to eat 3-4 grass fed eggs (grain finished) daily, and lots and lots of fruit, apples, oranges, bananas, kiwi, possibly avacado and others when I get access to them. I will only be eating carrots for vegetables and some nuts like walnuts.

I am going to try to eat 2500 calories daily but may fall short due to low access to beef fat temporarily. Im am going to stop taking oral anti biotics for my perioral dermatitis as they seem to be doing absolutely nothing (ive been on them for a month and a half). Usually for my acne I clean my face and use a topical antibiotic. Instead I will wash my face and use a tea tree oil/water soluton on my face every night. Ill record any progress.

Currently my body fat percentage is 17.3%. I will get it re measured in about a month of being on raw paleo and hopefully see good results. I will also regularly update how much weight I have lost and any acne clearing up.

thanks for any support or advice
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

William

Re: Kurites Journal of Recovery
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 08:09:18 pm »
Fruit, veg and nuts make problems, including acne. They are not paleo.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 08:29:49 pm »
I've had eczema my whole life. Last year was the first spring I did not have an outbreak. I believe it was the 3 - 4 years of raw paleo diet and excessive levels of sun exposure.

Ditch the fruit especially citrus and banana's. The fruit your talking about isn't paleo anyway.

If you do get eczema, scratch it and let it weep and use clean cloths to soak it up. GS recommended me do this and it made sense. Eczema is a way of detoxing. Let the body detox.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 04:53:34 am »
Fruit, veg and nuts make problems, including acne. They are not paleo.
Technically all fruit today is neolithic anyway...And theres been very few if any group of people on earth that ate 100% meat, theres no way that we never ate fruit as a species.

3/20/2010
201.5 lbs
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 04:57:53 am »
Technically all fruit today is neolithic anyway...And theres been very few if any group of people on earth that ate 100% meat, theres no way that we never ate fruit as a species.

3/20/2010
201.5 lbs
  There are wild fruits which have never been cultivated by humans, so some fruit is palaeo, certainly all wild varieties.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 05:15:20 am »
Fruit's a wast of calories.  ;D

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 05:42:03 am »
  There are wild fruits which have never been cultivated by humans, so some fruit is palaeo, certainly all wild varieties.
When i said all fruits are neolithic i meant the ones I can buy from a grocer.

Fruit's a wast of calories.  ;D
Thanks for the advice but im not a zcer and I dont ever intend to be.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 10:48:07 am »
No problem. Do you tend to stick to berries and low carb fruits like avocado? I would avoid carby fruits like bananas and mangos.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 12:02:44 pm »
No problem. Do you tend to stick to berries and low carb fruits like avocado? I would avoid carby fruits like bananas and mangos.
At the moment im eating any fruit I want just because im transitioning and its hard for me to go without fruit as I was a raw vegan for quite a while, but soon Im going to lower my intake of high fruit sugar substantially.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 01:11:12 pm »
Just thought I should mention its only been 2 days and im already down to 199. the first day I only ate around 1700 calories but the second day i ate well over 2000 and today I ate well over 2000...The only problem so far has been that was when I went to the bathroom in the morning I got nauseous? It lasted for about 3 minutes than i felt fine the rest of the day. Anyone know what this might be? Detox effect?

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 06:38:57 pm »
Sometimes early in the day I feel something a little like nausea, but I think it's a blood glucose drop. It could be that. Like when people say "I'm so hungry I feel nauseous" I think what's really going on is their bodies are used to eating very often with high carb foods. So when your body loses that constant carb infusion, as yours is doing during this transition, bg will fluctuate a lot, and a nausea-esque feeling could result.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk