Author Topic: What if you just dont like red meat?  (Read 6893 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
What if you just dont like red meat?
« on: March 21, 2010, 12:42:55 pm »
Hi
I have been eating it but it tastes awful to me...what do i do?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: What if you just dont like red meat?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 03:44:35 pm »
You could eat raw fish and raw poultry. I have some raw turkey. delicious.

Aajonus writes that there are three types of people: Those who do better on red meat, those who do better on white meat, and those who do best on a mixture of both. Just to let you know...

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 10:00:32 pm »
    I like all raw white meats I've eaten, except turkey!  Raw white meat makes me feel very healthy.  I like the smell, taste and everything about it.  I don't like seviche though.  Be carefully with the meat's skin; because if you didn't slaughter it yourself, it's probably heated.  Also, it's more likely the animal was fed grains, so be careful.  
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 11:18:35 pm »
What do you mean about the skin in regards to whether it has been heated or fed grain?

---

I think if you are getting chickens - unlike meats where this is pretty much impossible- you want to get the whole bird. The pieces for whatever reason don't seem to hold up well in packaging.

I find most Atlantic fishes basically to be survival food in comparison to meat, which is most fishes I can get except for imported tuna and salmon which are tasty treats. Swordfish has an interesting texture but also not the tastiest. Scallops which are one of my fav cooked foods are pretty funky raw for my taste. I saw on TV some folks eating a 'live' lobster sashimi, that looked good.

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 11:30:13 pm »
What do you mean about the skin in regards to whether it has been heated or fed grain?

They put the birds in boiling water to remove the feathers more easily  -[

A general question: Are there chickens who are NOT grainfed? Aren't grains quite natural food for chickens? I know the chickens I buy are free range, so they can eat worms and so on, which really shows in the quality of the eggs (hard shell etc.)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 11:50:27 pm »
right, but why would looking at or not eating? the skin have anything to do with it if the bird is dumped in boiling water?

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 12:24:42 am »
Have you tried a large variety of red meats?

William

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 02:24:54 am »
It tastes bad to me too, so I dry it and make pemmican. Many like just dried red meat as jerky, but then they must add enough fat or tallow.

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 02:35:34 am »
right, but why would looking at or not eating? the skin have anything to do with it if the bird is dumped in boiling water?

The meat is still raw, so it's fine to eat it. They don't boil the animal, just put it in for a moment to make it easier to pull out the feathers.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 02:43:14 am »
The meat is still raw, so it's fine to eat it. They don't boil the animal, just put it in for a moment to make it easier to pull out the feathers.

I find raw skin unappetizing anyway. Seems almost impossible to chew. I don't eat much raw poultry though.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 07:02:26 am »
I find raw skin unappetizing anyway. Seems almost impossible to chew. I don't eat much raw poultry though.

I started with RAF aajonus style, since he had experience eating it and with healing on it, and I didn't.  He said not to eat skin because he said it's hard to digest.  I decided to do it my own way, insofaras I did eat skin.  The skin did not seem to give me any digestive trouble.  Then I read here that chickens are dipped in boiling water (as someone else stated above).  I decided I don't need to eat skin.  It's not wasted.  I don't put it in the garbage.  I put it outside.  Stray or wild animals can eat it or it can go to build the earth.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 07:09:23 am »
It tastes bad to me too, so I dry it and make pemmican. Many like just dried red meat as jerky, but then they must add enough fat or tallow.
Im very interested...How do you make raw pemmican???
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 05:39:17 am »
The quality of the meat that you buy will reflect its taste. I have been eating 100% grassfed bison and beef for a while and then i pretty much ran out of grassfed meat to buy over the winter so i thought i would get stuff that was fed on grass but finished on grain....

YUCK

I LOVE eating my 100% grassfed but putting that grainfinished crap into my mouth... i just got a huge DO NOT SWALLOW feeling.  I think it has something to do with the unbalanced oils in it.

Food for thought.
That's not paleo.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 06:22:57 am »
The quality of the meat that you buy will reflect its taste. ..I LOVE eating my 100% grassfed but putting that grainfinished crap into my mouth... i just got a huge DO NOT SWALLOW feeling.  I think it has something to do with the unbalanced oils in it.

I heard pigs who eat nuts taste very good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk