Author Topic: Man eating raw raindeer liver and blood straight after the kill  (Read 9059 times)

Offline intouchwithinstinct

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Bruce Parry eats raw reindeer - Tribe - BBC

Click on that link and check it out this guys name is "Bruce Parry".  If you haven't heard of him look up a few of his videos its quite interesting I just found him.  It seems he travels to remote tribes and undergoes their rituals.  Very cool shit! I want this dude's job!! :P
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 01:41:18 am by TylerDurden »
"One wonders if there is not something in the life-giving vitamins and minerals of the food that builds not only great physical structures within which their souls reside, but builds minds and hearts capable of a higher type of mankind in which the material values of life are made secondary to individual character."~Weston Price~

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Man eating raw raindeer liver and blood straight after the kill
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 11:07:03 am »
Yes, I have his book, Tribe. Thanks for the vid.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 04:49:08 pm »
Nice video. I have to admit it's far more primal to eat the animal when it's still warm from a kill.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline actionhero

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 09:31:05 pm »
INSANE video!!!

That just blew my mind.

This is how we're supposed to eat, EVERY DAY.

A P E X   P R E D A T O R

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 11:07:59 am »
Nice video. I have to admit it's far more primal to eat the animal when it's still warm from a kill.

And tasty, I'm sure.  Can you imagine the flavor of freshly-killed, still-warm liver?  

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 05:43:34 am »
I had some sheep kidney warm & fresh from the kill once
It was when I visited family in Jordan this past summer.
I think it was kidney, no strong taste, very mild and good

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 08:46:31 am »
I ate some of the liver from the whitetail deer I shot last fall.  It also had a very mild flavor with a hint of sweetness.  I've found that I've taken to raw liver faster than to raw meat more generally, and whenever I go to the store I always walk down the meat isle to see if they have any grass-fed organs, particularly liver, on the shelf.  I usually buy it if they do, as the only organ I have left from my deer is its heart and I'm saving that for a special occasion.  Where I live organ meats are very inexpensive, last time I bought some I think I paid a whopping $1.99 per pound. 

It was a bit surreal eating the deer's liver straight from its body.  I was sitting out in a fairly dense forest at the base of a cliff, with boulders the size of SUVs strewn everywhere.  There were patches of snow here and there, and some frost remained on the ground in shady areas.  It was cool enough that when I opened the animal to start the field dressing process, everything that I took out of the animal was steaming heavily.  I'd bet I was able to eat about a pound of the liver before I got full, and didn't want to fill up too much because dragging the animal from the forest would be a lot of work and I didn't want to start feeling tired from a heavy meal.

Offline Neanderthal

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 01:12:20 am »
It looks like i have found the perfect forum for me, this man is everything i stand for, this is exactly what i wanna do, live more primitive... I'm just tired of what humans have turned into, couch potatoes... this is how we should be living, i'll bet that if we did that humans would evolve to an extremely strong and more clever race, and maybe become the top predator, we got a brain for it so why not?!

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 06:25:49 am »
Just doubled my intake of raw lambs liver, but it is cold, and comes in a vacuum sealed pack from New Zealand via the supermarket.   No longer warm from the kill, but still tastes good and have a craving for it.   Bet raw seals liver tastes good when warm!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 04:42:58 pm »
You can get that fresh taste any time when you buy an entire live animal.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 11:14:41 pm »
You can get that fresh taste any time when you buy an entire live animal.

You can say that again! I bought my first whole lamb and ate part of the liver right away and it was light years ahead of the packaged lamb liver that I used to get. The same goes for the other organs. The ranch I bought from is a 2-hour drive from my home, so it wasn't convenient, but I'd say it was worth the drive. I used the eatwild.com website to find ranches near me.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline primalgirl

• Trapper
  • Love Raw Primal/Paleo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 02:55:24 am »
SALT I couldn't believe they would do that, it's such a poison to the body. Let the blood congeal for God's sake.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 08:54:35 am »
Wild animals and wild-like humans prefer fresh blood. The fresher the blood, the greater the concentration of animal starch and other nutrients.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:02:26 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 05:14:52 am »
Here's a timely article on salt that defies conventional wisdom. The link to the full article isn't working yet.
Low-Salt Diets Increase Your Risk of Death by 27%?
Chris Kresser

The Wall Street Journal recently reported on the longstanding, international debate over salt and sodium guidelines and whether or not our current targets are set too low for optimal health. A new study came out recently in the New England Journal of Medicine supporting the belief that cutting back on sodium too much actually poses health hazards, including premature death. This study found that those who consumed fewer than 3,000 milligrams (mg) of sodium a day had a 27% higher risk of death or a serious event such as a heart attack or stroke in that period than those whose intake was estimated at 3,000 to 6,000 mg. ...

Offline Johan August

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 04:33:49 pm »
David Brownstein's book "Salt your way to health" might be of interest with regard to this. In his book on "Iodine" 4th edition he says,"...unrefined salt helps to rid the body of the toxic halide bromine. .... I suggest taking approximately 1-1 and a half teaspoons per day of unrefined salt."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk