Author Topic: Primal Diet recipes  (Read 5996 times)

Offline Seeker_1

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Primal Diet recipes
« on: March 24, 2010, 05:14:30 am »
Hey guys,
   I just found a raw dairy farm and now have access to raw cream, raw butter and cheese(both unsalted), raw yogurt and raw milk. On top of that i have access to raw honey, pastured free range eggs and all sorts of meats.
    Now that i have this stuff i've been experiementing with how to use it. I like mixing raw cream with organic bananas, and the raw yogurt helps with digestion. I was wondering how aajonus suggests we use the cheese or the butter, as both don't really have any flavour and the raw honey by itself is too sugary. The eggs are alright by themselves (i don't eat the whites) but i'm wondering if there's any way to combine them to make better use, besides a liver flush (combine with fats and lime juice).
    Any all round decent recipes you guys can suggest??

Mod: just tried mixing equal amounts of raw unsalted butter and raw honey...pretty damn good  :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 05:27:32 am by Seeker_1 »

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Primal Diet recipes
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 05:26:53 am »
now have access to raw cream, raw butter and cheese(both unsalted), raw yogurt and raw milk. On top of that i have access to raw honey, pastured free range eggs and all sorts of meats.
    Now that i have this stuff i've been experiementing with how to use it. I like mixing raw cream with organic bananas, and the raw yogurt helps with digestion. I was wondering how aajonus suggests we use the cheese or the butter, as both don't really have any flavour and the raw honey by itself is too sugary. The eggs are alright by themselves (i don't eat the whites) but i'm wondering if there's any way to combine them to make better use, besides a liver flush

He recommends only unsalted butter and cheese.  He recommends only whole eggs.  He says raw honey (labeled as such) is bad and to only (labeled) unheated honey.  He recommends the bananas only be unripe, as ripe can make violence and such.

I think he is against using flushes and prescribes the person wait for their body to clean itself.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 05:38:17 am »
well, I can empathize somewhat

He does have a book that includes recipes, and I've never really had access or put in the effort to the other ingredients to make them work.

Other than that your best bet might be to try using the butter/cream/eggs/honey in various raw vegan recipes. It seems like alot of ex-vegans are doing that. With butter I personally just eat it even though I find the taste to be bothersome sometimes, it combines better with meat. I have made his basic stuff like the lube formula and such which is basically just mixing the butter eggs and honey or with nuts to make nut formula. All of these taste far worse than their components IMO.  I think he's quite militant on cheese being used as some kind of digestive aid prior to a meal, and not be eaten regularly as food, exceptions maybe with some butter and fruit. This is my impression anyway.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 06:29:01 am »
Other than that your best bet might be to try using the butter/cream/eggs/honey in various raw vegan recipes. It seems like alot of ex-vegans are doing that. ....  I think he's quite militant on cheese being used as some kind of digestive aid prior to a meal, and not be eaten regularly as food, exceptions maybe with some butter and fruit. This is my impression anyway.

I personally wouldn't mix it in or near a green smoothies, but yeah, I read people coming off vegan like to do that (I didn't like it or do it that way anyway).  Another AV cheese aid is cheese and honey.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 06:31:56 am »
lol, the green smoothies! I don't think people are doing that, maybe with eggs. I was thinking more the various egg creams and truffles and chocolate things. de-hydrated stuff with butter, I dunno.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 06:41:46 am »
lol, the green smoothies! I don't think people are doing that, maybe with eggs. I was thinking more the various egg creams and truffles and chocolate things. de-hydrated stuff with butter, I dunno.

:) the chocolate things can be pretty addictive, but what a headache.  They can be tempting though.  I would love to try fresh cacao fruit.  Aajonus does have chocolate substitute recipes, with carob.  

Some raw eaters put kefir in green smoothies too, but I tried that with their recommendation and it was bad for me.

I know someone who calls themselves an AV primal dieter caveman and makes cheese green smoothies every day.  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk