Author Topic: Need help obtaining Raw Adrenals/Thyroid  (Read 7260 times)

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
Need help obtaining Raw Adrenals/Thyroid
« on: March 22, 2010, 10:57:08 pm »
Hi,  if possible could someone post pictures of raw adrenals when they are attached to the kidneys (bovine).  My butcher should be able to get them back from the abatoire but they will have no idea what to look for so I figure if I can provide them with a picture and instructions I should be able to get sorted.  Also if anyone can do the same for raw thyroid I would appreciate it.

Alternatively if anyone in the Uk/Ireland knows of a source of raw adrenal/thyroid that would post that would also be just as good.

I'm hoping to overcome this chronic fatigue and get my life back for the upcoming summer.

Thanks

Brady
The culture and civilization of the White man are essentially material; his measure of success is, "How much property have I acquired for myself?" The culture of the Red man is fundamentally spiritual; his measure of success is, "How much service have I rendered to my people?"

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Need help obtaining Raw Adrenals/Thyroid
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 11:12:53 pm »
Well, good luck. I've tried getting raw adrenals in the UK and I found it impossible. if I even managed to get my suppliers to ask the butchers at the abattoir to provie me with adrenals(difficult at best), the butchers would apparently just laugh. I think that adrenals are routinely thrown away as they are seen as useless or linked somehow with the spine, which doesn't make sense. If you have a lot of cash, you might consider getting hold of those freeze-dried thyroid or adrenals from dr ron's website in the USA, it's expensive, but it saves time. It's extremely difficult for  people to get hold of raw 100% grassfed adrenals in the UK unless they know personally a farmer with their own abattoir. Have you tried google images re searching for raw adrenals?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 04:23:25 am »
Am I correct that the adrenals are in the suet that grows around the kidneys? When I get suet (from lamb) usually there are small round red things that I think are the adrenals... are they?

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 07:54:04 am »
Am I correct that the adrenals are in the suet that grows around the kidneys? When I get suet (from lamb) usually there are small round red things that I think are the adrenals... are they?

no, im not sure what those are but i get them too. however, the adrenals are (i think) in the kidney suet, but they're the grayish yellow oval shaped glands sometimes in the suet. i get them every once in a while by chance.

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 04:57:27 pm »
no, im not sure what those are but i get them too. however, the adrenals are (i think) in the kidney suet, but they're the grayish yellow oval shaped glands sometimes in the suet. i get them every once in a while by chance.

I'll look out for that then. If they're in the kidney suet, I should be getting them as I don't think they take them out of there on purpose or anything like that.

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 10:42:40 pm »
Well, good luck. I've tried getting raw adrenals in the UK and I found it impossible. if I even managed to get my suppliers to ask the butchers at the abattoir to provie me with adrenals(difficult at best), the butchers would apparently just laugh. I think that adrenals are routinely thrown away as they are seen as useless or linked somehow with the spine, which doesn't make sense. If you have a lot of cash, you might consider getting hold of those freeze-dried thyroid or adrenals from dr ron's website in the USA, it's expensive, but it saves time. It's extremely difficult for  people to get hold of raw 100% grassfed adrenals in the UK unless they know personally a farmer with their own abattoir. Have you tried google images re searching for raw adrenals?

Thanks for this Tyler,

I had a look for pictures but couldn't find any.  I know you overcame Adrenal issues in your recovery, did you use Adrenal glandulars to do so or just RPD?  Also what kind of reports have you heard on Dr Rons glandulars?  Been down the supplement road before and blew alot of cash so weary about doing it again.
The culture and civilization of the White man are essentially material; his measure of success is, "How much property have I acquired for myself?" The culture of the Red man is fundamentally spiritual; his measure of success is, "How much service have I rendered to my people?"

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 04:55:50 am »
Thanks for this Tyler,

I had a look for pictures but couldn't find any.  I know you overcame Adrenal issues in your recovery, did you use Adrenal glandulars to do so or just RPD?  Also what kind of reports have you heard on Dr Rons glandulars?  Been down the supplement road before and blew alot of cash so weary about doing it again.
  I know of no reports re dr ron's supplements, only that I am certain they have the highest quality products as they are one of the very few to avoid using trans-fats such as magnesium stearate as fillers etc. I only tried dr ron's adrenal/thyroid supplements many years after I'd healed my adrenal-/thyroid-related conditions via an RPD diet, so can't really state whether they were effective or not. All I can say is that during the time I took them, my iris-colour lightened a bit faster than usual, so that's a positive clue, AFAIAC(though the krill-oil I took recently was even more effective re iris-lightening).

I do understand your position re supplements. I too had a mega-supplement phase some years prior to going rawpalaeo and they were mostly ineffective, with a few giving me odd side-effects. The ones which did work were almost all homeopathic and in those cases only worked short-term re temporarily curing symptoms but not healing the various conditions. I have since then only gone in for a few  supplements like raw cod liver oil, and then only when I am reasonably sure that they are as unprocessed/raw as possible. Otherwise I leave the RPD diet to do the work.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 11:27:12 pm »
  I know of no reports re dr ron's supplements, only that I am certain they have the highest quality products as they are one of the very few to avoid using trans-fats such as magnesium stearate as fillers etc. I only tried dr ron's adrenal/thyroid supplements many years after I'd healed my adrenal-/thyroid-related conditions via an RPD diet, so can't really state whether they were effective or not. All I can say is that during the time I took them, my iris-colour lightened a bit faster than usual, so that's a positive clue, AFAIAC(though the krill-oil I took recently was even more effective re iris-lightening).

I do understand your position re supplements. I too had a mega-supplement phase some years prior to going rawpalaeo and they were mostly ineffective, with a few giving me odd side-effects. The ones which did work were almost all homeopathic and in those cases only worked short-term re temporarily curing symptoms but not healing the various conditions. I have since then only gone in for a few  supplements like raw cod liver oil, and then only when I am reasonably sure that they are as unprocessed/raw as possible. Otherwise I leave the RPD diet to do the work.

What kind of fish oil do you use?

Also do you know if there are any issues with UK customs regarding importing glandulars?

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 01:57:47 am »
What kind of fish oil do you use?

Also do you know if there are any issues with UK customs regarding importing glandulars?

Well, I buy the raw fermented (unflavoured version of)cod liver oil from Green Pastures:-

http://www.red23.co.uk/Healthy-Oils-Omega-3_c_41.html

You can probably get hold of cheaper versions via Mercola's websites abroad.

I already get my Mercola-approved cold-extracted krill-oil from there(IMO, better than the raw cod liver oil). Had to pay customs duties, I think(?), not onerous. The mercola-deal is very good with large amounts of omega-3s per capsule, and I can get a great deal of 6 bottles for (c.99?) us dollars not including postage(c.12 dollars?), so is far cheaper than if I bought it in the UK from red23 or whatever source(6 bottles with 2 pills taken a day, lasts  a full 6 months).. Of course, with the UK economy currently nearly ruined by a Labour government, the exchange-rate re the pound vs the dollar is so bad now, that this is not as good a deal as it once was.

The catch is that dr ron's refuse to deliver their parcels except via the expensive UPS. This means usually travelling out to some far-off UPS depot to collect it. And I also heard of some mention by the Dr Ron's website that they've had 1 or 2 issues in recent years with parcels not arriving with the relevant people in the UK(due to customs idiots destroying a parcel?) so that they don't reimburse you any more if it doesn't reach you, if you are from the UK. I have had parcels of glandulars sent to me always without issue, though it costs a lot for the delivery let alone the cost of the glandulars itself. I honestly am not familiar with UK law re the issue of imported glandulars but I strongly suspect that it's legal but  it's always possible that occasionally some retarded customs official misinterprets his range of powers and blocks a parcel for arbitrary reasons.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 01:38:57 am »
All I can say is that during the time I took them, my iris-colour lightened a bit faster than usual, so that's a positive clue, AFAIAC(though the krill-oil I took recently was even more effective re iris-lightening).

When I met Aajonus in Australia he suggested that everyone should have light blue eyes but we don't due to pollution and chemical poisoning etc.  I thought he was a bit nuts but are you suggesting there is something to this?  Perhaps he's just taking it too far.

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 05:22:58 am »
When I met Aajonus in Australia he suggested that everyone should have light blue eyes but we don't due to pollution and chemical poisoning etc.  I thought he was a bit nuts but are you suggesting there is something to this?  Perhaps he's just taking it too far.
  Well, I think the PD stance is that caucasians  get blue or green eyes while non-caucasians get amber-coloured eyes. There is, at any rate, a great deal of anecdotal evidence in the RPD community  re getting blue or green eyes after years of eating raw animal foods. Though not all RPDers necessarily experience this, suggesting that iris-colour might not be wholly health-related.

I think I read somewhere that all northern european babies have blue eyes at birth? If so, that would bolster AV's stance a bit.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk