Author Topic: Best piece of meat I have eaten  (Read 3663 times)

Offline PaleoKyle

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Best piece of meat I have eaten
« on: July 24, 2008, 11:43:30 am »
I have been reading the posts on here for a while. This is my first post and I wanted to share my experience from today. One of the farmers I get my meat from had fresh chicken gizzards from pastured chickens butchered within the day. This is the first time I had this organ and I was blown away by the taste and freshness. The fat was still attached and there were even pieces of digested grass stuck to them. I am doing the raw carnivorous diet, but those grass pieces really gave them a nice flavor.

xylothrill

Re: Best piece of meat I have eaten
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 02:36:54 am »
Welcome Kyle,

I didn't know chickens actually ate grass itself but it sounds like it'd be an interesting taste. How long have you been a raw carnivore?

Craig

Offline PaleoKyle

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 10:38:50 am »
Chickens, I read somewhere, if given proper pasture, will eat 1/4 of their calories in grass. The gizzards are not the best tasting to me, but the fact that they were grinding up the chicken's meal less than 24 hours before I ate them, and they were not washed off, made them so good. Usually the meat I get has been frozen and or hung for a month or so before butcher. That was the freshest meat I have had to date.

I have been following the carnivorous diet for about 3 months now, with great results. I will have to post in that forum page about it. Before that I was following Aajonus' diet plan for about 1 1/2 years.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 05:41:26 pm »
We keep chickens as pets sometimes (we still have 2 right now) and I can confirm they do eat grass on a regular basis.  Also some snails, some worms, cayenne, garden vegetables, oregano, etc.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk