Author Topic: Raw vegan family  (Read 16904 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Raw vegan family
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 12:55:16 am »
Do you know the variety of the durian you eat ? Is-it wild or selected (like Morn tong, Kop, etc. from Thailand) ?

They are called different things and have different tastes.  At the top of my head there is PUYAT variety durian and I remember when my mother in law came from Davao city she brought home 3 different other varieties.  Not the mon-thock thai variety.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

carnivore

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 02:34:21 am »
Here is a raw community :
http://www.pangaia.cc/PrimalLiving.html
They are some videos on the site, and they sell various products.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 07:52:20 am »
There is this raw vegan family and their kids i think have been raw vegan since birth  and even during pregnancy and it seems that the kids are healthy looking and not underweight and are fat. I'ts weird that alot of vegan and fruitarians end up very skinny yet his kids are chubby...
http://www.youtube.com/user/rawfoodfamilylife#p/u

I'm puzzled. I watched that video and didn't see any fat kids. The older one appeared below-avg in weight, in terms of fat, muscle and total body appearance. His chest looked rather tiny for his height, even for a young boy, and his stomach area appeared very thin. The younger boy has a slightly chubby face (baby fat), but his body was slim (though not as thin as his older brother--but he may also get thinner as he gets older). The father didn't say they've been vegan since birth. I believe he said the older one started eating vegan at age 3 and the younger one at age 1.

Also, take note that the older child is already developing two prominent upper front teeth and his teeth are somewhat crowded (unlike his father's widely spaced teeth). This is fairly typical for high-plant eaters who don't use traditional detoxifying methods of processing foods and keeping blood sugar under control and don't include at least some fish, eggs or insects. The younger boy's teeth look pretty good at this point, but unfortunately, both boys are likely to develop more dental issues if they continue to eat a nearly 100% raw vegan diet, if the experiences of many folks at raw vegan forums are any indication.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 07:59:00 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 06:30:52 am »
Here is a raw community :
http://www.pangaia.cc/PrimalLiving.html
They are some videos on the site, and they sell various products.

Pangaia is a little too vegan-friendly, in my opinion, and it is very expensive to stay there.  Hawaii is a great place for fruit and fish, though.  I hope they'll grow into being less veggie-ish and more self-sufficient, i.e., growing all of their own meat.

Offline raw meat man

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 04:38:43 pm »
I dont mean to be rude GoodSamaritan but durian has more sugar than bananas, seedless hybrid watermelon, jakfruit, mango or sugar apples!

Durian has 27g of pure sugar per 100g of edible portion and only 3g of fat per 100g of edible portion!!! That is a dangerous amount of sugar!

Durian is fat deficient. A bad choice unless you want to be as skinny as this raw vegan family.  8)

If we feed ourselves fruit or other sugars it will always lead to a binge on chocolate or high sugar meats like oysters, horse etc.

Best thing to overcome addictions is to not fuel them. Cut out all fruit and carbs. Eat more fat when you want something sweet. Raw meat helps the body detoxify sugar cravings. Sure it can take a few years but every time we have sugar, we just set ourselves backwards.

Thanks.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 10:34:06 pm »
I dont mean to be rude GoodSamaritan but durian has more sugar than bananas, seedless hybrid watermelon, jakfruit, mango or sugar apples!

Durian has 27g of pure sugar per 100g of edible portion and only 3g of fat per 100g of edible portion!!! That is a dangerous amount of sugar!

Durian is fat deficient. A bad choice unless you want to be as skinny as this raw vegan family.  8)

If we feed ourselves fruit or other sugars it will always lead to a binge on chocolate or high sugar meats like oysters, horse etc.

Best thing to overcome addictions is to not fuel them. Cut out all fruit and carbs. Eat more fat when you want something sweet. Raw meat helps the body detoxify sugar cravings. Sure it can take a few years but every time we have sugar, we just set ourselves backwards.

Thanks.

Disinformation posted by some vegan troll.
Nothing to see here... all disinformation.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

William

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 10:59:31 pm »
Disinformation posted by some vegan troll.
Nothing to see here... all disinformation.

How is advising high fat zero carb disinformation?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 11:02:05 pm »
How is advising high fat zero carb disinformation?

It's not that he or she is advising high fat zero carb.  They posted 36 posts all at once, and most of them sound like a fruit.  That's my take on it after reading about 15 of them.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2010, 06:30:42 am »
I recommend deleting all raw meat man's posts, as they are all nonsense meant to make fun of us all. He appears to be a Durian Rider fan with the same sarcastic, negative sense of humor who is angry with Primal dieters and was arguing that RPD makes you fat, which he sarcastically claimed to be good, whereas he claimed that the raw vegan family's thinness is bad, but really thinks it's good. I happen to think that they are suboptimally thin, but most fruitarians go into denial about how emaciated fruitarians tend to get. I've seen fruitarians that looked like death camp survivors (they got thinner than me, and that's hard to do :D ) and the other fruitarians accepted it as normal.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 06:46:27 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2010, 01:22:17 am »
I've already deleted 1 obvious troll post of his re animal rights and whalemeat. Suggest removing all else of his if it's of similiar useless content.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:43:19 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline leanne

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2010, 09:08:05 am »
As much as us Australian raw paleo's hate Durianrider, I must admit that he is spot on with the sugar content of durian being 27-34g per 100g of edible portion.  >:

I had some organic malaysian durian and I read the pack yesterday. It confirms it and so do all the nutrition websites on the net.

Just because I dont like someone, doesnt mean I will write off everything they say. I think part of being healthy is having an open mind.

Just me 2 cents. Hope I didnt offend anyone.

We are here for a good time! Not a long time! Be primal!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2010, 05:47:58 pm »
Sure, there's nothing wrong with discussing alternate views(in the hot topics forum etc.). It's just that when people come to the forum purely to mock us, they usually have nothing useful to add, and the very rare piece of info that might be useful tends to be  somewhat obscured by the barrage of anti-raw insults etc. that they like to indulge in.

Whatever the case, I'm pleased that raw vegans rarely try to have a go at us, no doubt because we have much in common with them re views on cooking. The trolls we get are usually of the junk-food-eating variety or mindless advocates of cooked low carb diets.

*Edit:- It seems that "leeanne" is just an alias of the raw vegan troll DurianRider or his girlfriend. Well, I guess there's an exception to every rule. *
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 06:22:23 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 11:25:24 pm »
Geez Raw meat man, Eskimoe Joe and Freelea(anne) are all Durian Rider. Why would you even bother to troll if your so healthy and satisfied as a raw vegan.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2010, 01:02:28 am »
Geez Raw meat man, Eskimoe Joe and Freelea(anne) are all Durian Rider. Why would you even bother to troll if your so healthy and satisfied as a raw vegan.
While DurianRider is undoubtedly not remotely healthy as a result of his ridiculous 100% raw vegan diet, I doubt he is concerned about that. His main point is that we are contributing to the slaughter of animals through our consumption of raw meats and that we should compromise our health to save the little creatures. Hmm, come to think of it he must think I am especially "satanic" among RPDers ,since I eat a lot of raw wild game and continuously recommend it to others.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TruthHunter

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2010, 01:40:30 am »
This Thread has been taken over by Durian.  javascript:void(0)

No one has mentioned the aphrodisiac properties of Durian.  Indonesians have a saying that goes like this:

"When the Durians come down, the saris come off."

I prefer it to liver for an aphrodisiac!

Not everyone here is on the same page ideologically.
Fruit was meant to be eaten.  Unripe fruit is borderline poisonous to protect the developing seeds.  When
it gets ripe, it attracts animals to eat the fruit and spread the seeds.  In China where there are monkeys, there is a type of dogwood that has a fruit similar to a cherry.  I the USA, Dogwoods depend on birds to spread the seeds.  The fruit is bitter and oily, but the birds don't mind because they go by sight, not taste.

Here is another link to a Raw Vegan family:http://www.thegardendiet.com/beforenafter.html

If I were these parents I'd be worried.  Healthy skin but oh so thin.
Some appear to be doing pretty well, but not all.  The oldest girl looks 11 at 14.  Will she just mature more slowly?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk