Author Topic: Should i mix my jerky with marrow?  (Read 5747 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Should i mix my jerky with marrow?
« on: April 01, 2010, 07:18:09 pm »
Unfortunately as stated in earlier posts, i do not like the taste of raw red meat. Instead I dehydrate lean red meat at about 90 degrees F. Would it be more beneficial to eat the jerky alone and then later eat marrow or should i eat them at the same time? I realize very few people probably have any experience on this subject so any experiences would be great and any thoughts would also be appreciated.
thanks
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

djr_81

Re: Should i mix my jerky with marrow?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 07:35:46 pm »
I personally would eat them at the same time. If I'm eating jerky and eat fat at a later time I find it binds me up some.
I also suggest that if you're eating your meat as jerky you make sure to drink extra water since you get none in your meat.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:21:21 am »
    I think I would eat the marrow first, until satisfaction.  Later I would eat the jerky.  Better eating the raw first, and better eating the fat first, IMHO.  That could help you eat the right ratios too.  What exactly happens when you eat your red meat raw?  Does something happen when you eat raw white meat?  How long have you been eating raw meat?  I'm thinking, you're probably new, and like most here, are not planning to stick with jerky over raw all that long of a time. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 07:28:40 am »
Ive eaten raw steak twice and not only did i not enjoy the taste but my stomach became very upset. I very rarely have any digestive issues
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 12:49:37 pm »
Ive eaten raw steak twice and not only did i not enjoy the taste but my stomach became very upset. I very rarely have any digestive issues

I rarely had an upset stomach either.  I think maybe if a raw meat gives you an upset stomach, it is cleaning out the cooked red you have eaten of the same.  I think you will be able to work yourself to completely raw red meat after a while, or switch to white.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 12:59:30 pm »
    I rarely had an upset stomach either.  I think maybe if a raw meat gives you an upset stomach, it is cleaning out the cooked red you have eaten of the same.  I think you will be able to work yourself to completely raw red meat after a while, or switch to white.
thanks for the advice. Im going to stick with trying to eat red meat for a while as white meat is just gross to me.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 01:01:02 pm »
thanks for the advice. Im going to stick with trying to eat red meat for a while as white meat is just gross to me.

I used to think raw chicken or poultry was repulsive too, and raw pork scary.  Raw veal muscle is as dull as it looks or worse.  Raw scallops stink, but high scallops smell nicer.  I don't think I ever had a bit of problem with the other raw fish, except that they weren't vegan food.

djr_81

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 07:03:46 pm »
Kurite; If the raw meat bothers your stomach but the jerky doesn't then why not incrementally reduce the drying time of your jerky step by step until your body feels good with raw? You could dry one batch for say two days, then the next batch for say 42 hours, 36 hours, etc. This might make it easier on your stomach to adjust. :)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 04:21:26 am »
Kurite; If the raw meat bothers your stomach but the jerky doesn't then why not incrementally reduce the drying time of your jerky step by step until your body feels good with raw? You could dry one batch for say two days, then the next batch for say 42 hours, 36 hours, etc. This might make it easier on your stomach to adjust. :)
Thanks for the advice this is some what similar to what I was planning on doing.

William

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 12:55:49 am »
3 hours at 95F in the Excalibur dryer made grassfed ground beef edible for me.

I got problems if I ate jerky first.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk