Author Topic: New to raw paleo & I have some questions.  (Read 5637 times)

Offline intouchwithinstinct

• Trapper
    • View Profile
New to raw paleo & I have some questions.
« on: February 21, 2010, 02:40:23 pm »
 :)My Names Jesse I'm new to the raw paleo thing.  I have been eating Weston Price style for years now though.  Although I love raw paleo for the raw meats/lifestyle and foods, there are many things I want to keep doing that got me results I got from weston price.  These things are mostly, Raw dairy products, My daily dose of green pastures raw fermented Cod Liver Oil, and the bone broths.  I have recently got into raw meats, and I love it!! I have never had a problem consuming organ meats or eating my meat rare or even raw from time to time + I feel amazing!  But being new to this I have a few questions. 

1:  Where do you guys get some of these meats, I can get the fallowing easily-Grassfed Organic.. Liver, brains, Kidney, Bones, Pancreas, Heart, Muscle Meats, Seafoods,-  But I have had a Hell of a hard time finding some of the more exotic types of meats such as... -Glands like, adrenals Thyroid,.. well just glands in general, Testicles/any male sex organ such as penis and Prostate.(Yes I want to try everything!)-.  So I am in Australia at the moment anyone on here know of spots to get these things?

I have no fear of eating anything raw and I think My system handles it well because of my genetics, My mother was European, and My dad was a little bit European and native American.  I think that being brought up around that native culture/maybe a genetic factor, has made it much easier for me to jump into eating raw organ meats without a problem.

Anyways next question.

2:Is there anywhere on the net where you can find a general analysis of nutrition content of different grassfed organs?

I have been looking and have not found a place yet but maybe you guys know somewhere I don't.  Problem is so many people don't think the way I eat is healthy and warn me about it rather then encourage me or find interest.  I find so much content on the net on how low fat cooked processed crap is healthy and it drives me crazzzzy.  90% of modern society doesn't even know what healthy is these days.
"One wonders if there is not something in the life-giving vitamins and minerals of the food that builds not only great physical structures within which their souls reside, but builds minds and hearts capable of a higher type of mankind in which the material values of life are made secondary to individual character."~Weston Price~

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: New to raw paleo & I have some questions.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 04:07:03 pm »
The only way to get the more exotic parts of animals is to ask around. Research farms in your areas that grass feed their cows and ask them for a special order.

As for nutritional analysis some are very hard to find such as testicles. But just type the organ meat into google and then nutritional information afterwards.

Welcome!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 06:39:38 pm »
The usda nutrient database has some info but you would have to look at organs from wild animals as most such info sites focus on grainfed meats.For really unusual organs such as thyroid etc. you are best placed to look at dr ron's website for his freeze-dried thyroid gland etc. It is expensive though.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 08:09:26 pm »
Well hello.
My organs meats are available in the same market I get my muscle meats.
Good Hunting!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 07:48:06 pm »
Ok thank you, I am going to talk to the butcher at the markets this week see what I can get.  All post back on here and let you all know how it goes.  Also does anyone know how to make raw bone meal?  I can only imagine how great it would be for a person but I cant figure out how a person could make it without a peace of expensive equipment.
"One wonders if there is not something in the life-giving vitamins and minerals of the food that builds not only great physical structures within which their souls reside, but builds minds and hearts capable of a higher type of mankind in which the material values of life are made secondary to individual character."~Weston Price~

djr_81

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 09:30:07 pm »
Ok thank you, I am going to talk to the butcher at the markets this week see what I can get.  All post back on here and let you all know how it goes.  Also does anyone know how to make raw bone meal?  I can only imagine how great it would be for a person but I cant figure out how a person could make it without a peace of expensive equipment.

You need a Farrier's Rasp. :)

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 08:26:42 am »
Hey! wish I would of posted on here sooner, I've been tons busy these last few weeks.  OK so updates I went to the 100% grassfed biodynamic organic butcher at the markets, had a chat with her.  I bought 3 Kgs of duck fat(had to give away some food so it would fit in my little freezer), a lamb tongue, heart, liver, pancreas, brains,  and a huggeee bag of kidneys(I really am not into there taste yet but I force em down anyways)  OK so that's all been going good I have been eating about 3/4 tablespoons worth of each organ a day and then the rest is just muscle meats.  I don't wanna overdue is or rush into anything to fast before my body has time to adjust. 

I have a question though,  I have got a almost drug high feeling after eating higher doses of a few of the organs. (pancreas and kidneys really almost made me dizzy liver I was fine with)  Then when I started eating muscle meats the first time I had 2 big fatty lamb chops raw and within 5 minutes my face was red and flushed, I felt almost high, I had a intense adrenaline rush and at the same time just wanted to sit down because I wasn't sure what was going on with my body.  It took several hours to pass then once it did I felt really good energetic almost.(And it was late time for bed I got to sleep about 2 hours then usual)

It hasn't happend since that first time I had the lamb chops.  Is this a normal experience??

What does a head rush mean when you are eating these things?  I know that's probably a black and white question it could mean several things but I would really like some input on this. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 07:37:17 pm »
 People usually only get  a regular high from eating high-meat. There are exceptions, some people with severe nutritional deficiencies might get a high from eating foods very rich in the nutrients they desperately need. Plus, many people report getting rather quick boosts from some raw foods such as raw oysters, even if they weren't deficient in the relevant nutrients.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 08:54:48 pm »
Strange I must have had a deficiency in certain nutrients in it because it hasn't happend since really.  Since then its been smooth sailing except I have been eating most of my meat in my room because I am tired of hearing my the people I live with bitch about how worried they are I'm on such a "extreme diet".  This coming from people who drink Pepsi and fry everything in rice bran oil.  They can literally be sitting there Drinking Pepsi and eating soy starched sausages wrapped in white bread and lecturing me on how eating raw fat and meat if going to give me salmonella and a heart attack.

I simply don't understand ignorance to learn and be open to new ideas sometimes.  Its like people form there ideas from the media and decide it would to much to ever take the effort of rethinking them.

They all suffer from acne, weight problems and such and claim the only reason I am not fat for eating the way I do and they are is my "genetics".

I think that's ridiculous yea sure they may play a part.  But I know in my heart if I drank a litre of Pepsi and started munching down white bread all the time my health would be shit regardless of genetics.  Its interesting how many people find it surprising when I tell them white bread is unhealthy, or any bread really is unhealthy.  Even before I cared about my health like I do today it didn't take much for me to realise, I get constipated when I ate bread, Hmm what did they use to make glue out of? ... Flour and water!  Anybody wanna coat there intestine in glue?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 01:05:19 am »
That glue comment is used by some vegans about dairy. It is true, though, as dairy does form such substances when in the gut.
" Ron Paul.

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 06:57:01 pm »
Interesting I never really heard it used about anything just seemed like common sense in my head.  Is there any other plant foods other then grains that have that effect on the gut?  Perhaps potato's or something?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 09:34:14 pm »
Is there any other plant foods other then grains that have that effect on the gut?  Perhaps potato's or something?

Even a small amount of one of the raw vegan favorites, it's called a green smoothie, totally plugs my intestines.

That glue comment is used by some vegans about dairy. ... dairy does form such substances when in the gut.

Almost any kind of vegan or cooked food comes out (or rather stays in) like thick sticky paste in my intestine.  So far, raw dairy doesn't in mine.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1860/are-horses-really-made-into-glue

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_glue

I guess anything cooked or denatured might become glue-like.  I think potatoes are more likely to just weaken bones of person eating them.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk