Author Topic: Yuri recovery  (Read 229794 times)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Yuri recovery
« Reply #300 on: February 03, 2010, 02:32:23 am »
Do you get a fever too, along with those other problems? I think I get all those problems you mentioned, when I eat certain types of fat, the tougher fats. Is your beef grass-fed? Oh, looks like you eat lamb, why is the meat so black? I was wondering if larger amounts of fat could only be eaten from mature animals... As I think it gets softer? Is your lamb grass-fed then? With lamb though, even if it is - it still only lived for a short time...

I've been trying to figure out what I can do... I'm OK if I just eat steaks with small quantities of fat. As long as I feel like I'm eating meat, and there is not much fat and I feel like I could do with more, it's ok. As long as I don't have enough fat that I feel like I'm 'set', it's fine. If it feels like I'm eating meat and fat, and like I've had plenty of fat that's when I have the trouble... However, with those smaller amounts of fat I don't have much energy(compared to cooked when I could eat lots of fat, + fruit).. But if I eat the fat it makes me severely ill and I have no energy whatsoever. The tough, chew fat is the worst for me I think, including from lamb meat and some diced beef I had; not just organ suet.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:38:41 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

carnivore

« Reply #301 on: February 03, 2010, 02:52:07 am »
This is what I am eating:

Way too much fat!
No wild animal can carry so much fat.

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2010, 03:42:47 am »
Do you get a fever too, along with those other problems? I think I get all those problems you mentioned, when I eat certain types of fat, the tougher fats. Is your beef grass-fed? Oh, looks like you eat lamb, why is the meat so black? I was wondering if larger amounts of fat could only be eaten from mature animals... As I think it gets softer? Is your lamb grass-fed then? With lamb though, even if it is - it still only lived for a short time...

Sometimes I may get fever from diarrhea.

Technically its mutton, not lamb, that is why it is so dark and fatty. Lamb is absolutely LEAN and has virtually no fat on it.

Have you tried butter?
It’s time to Eat Like An Animal!

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 03, 2010, 07:18:23 am »
Nah, I haven't tried butter.. why?

Someone said you had some sort of stones blocking your bile? If this true(and how do they know?), how does this occur in the first place and how is it sorted? Does it just sort itself out over time? Do you think it's possible I could have something blocking my bile, or impairing its' production..?

I think if the fat gets beyond the small intestine it is bad, as it's not meant to handle fat. I think you have to make sure you can absorb virtually all the fat which you eat.. I think it causes problems in the large intestine I read somewhere *shrug*.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

William

« Reply #304 on: February 03, 2010, 09:35:05 am »
Way too much fat!
No wild animal can carry so much fat.

Recorded experience of those who never heard of diet is that they ate the fatty parts of wild animals, and left the lean meat for the dogs/wolves/foxes/crows etc. That was American bison.

Has anyone tried the known paleolithic diet of brains and marrow? Some lean meat would also be necessary.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #305 on: February 03, 2010, 11:44:41 pm »
Way too much fat!
Agreed.
If those photos are indicative of the ratio of fat to lean in your meals Yuri then you're eating too much fat. This would definitely explain some, but not all, of your symptoms.
It's not frequently I say this but you need to cut back on some of the fat intake and see how it makes you feel.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

carnivore

« Reply #306 on: February 04, 2010, 01:53:58 am »
Agreed.
If those photos are indicative of the ratio of fat to lean in your meals Yuri then you're eating too much fat. This would definitely explain some, but not all, of your symptoms.
It's not frequently I say this but you need to cut back on some of the fat intake and see how it makes you feel.

I also tend to eat too much fat and experience similar symptoms...

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 04, 2010, 02:16:09 am »
I also tend to eat too much fat and experience similar symptoms...

interesting.. I've been having a lil bit of diarrhea in the last 2-3 days, and coincidentally, the meat i've been eating this week is the fattiest meat i've ever eaten. I was wondering why.

I will go back to leaner meat.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #308 on: February 04, 2010, 02:34:40 am »
interesting.. I've been having a lil bit of diarrhea in the last 2-3 days, and coincidentally, the meat i've been eating this week is the fattiest meat i've ever eaten. I was wondering why.

I will go back to leaner meat.
Post up a photo if you can beforehand.
You may be eating the right amount of fat and just not processing it quite right (not sure how long you've been eating this way so this might be a moot point by now). It's usually better to err on the side of more fat, even if you do have some problems at first processing it all, as not getting enough is such a knock to energy levels and many other things. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 04, 2010, 02:57:21 am »
Do you really think guys that over the two years of trying to address my health problems I haven't experimented with lowering my fat intake yet? My digestion is low no matter if I eat just leaner meats, fish or fowl. Granted if I go above certain percentage of fat in the diet the situation exacerbates even further.

In those photos are the fattest parts of the animal namely brisket and ribs. I do not see anything unnatural about that.

According to the ultrasound scan I didn't have any stones in my bile. It was just inflamed. Wikipedia states that "cholecystitis usually presents as a pain in the right upper quadrant. This is usually a constant, severe pain. The pain may be felt to 'refer' to the right flank or right scapular region at first. May also present with the above mentioned pain after eating greasy or fatty foods such as pastries, pies and fried foods. This is usually accompanied by a low grade fever, vomiting and nausea." However, much to the doc's surprise I didn't have any pain in there or any other specific symptoms. I am not sure its anything to worry about. If you lose too much sleep over the gallstones you can make one of those gallbladder flushes to settle yourself down.

Butter... is one of the easiest fats to digest and assimilate. It is second only to fat in egg yolk and coconut oil.

I have also noticed that SUET and to a lesser extend subcutaneous fat tend to cause stomach pains, loose stools and diarrhea.

carnivore

« Reply #310 on: February 04, 2010, 03:07:32 am »
Do you really think guys that over the two years of trying to address my health problems I haven't experimented with lowering my fat intake yet? My digestion is low no matter if I eat just leaner meats, fish or fowl. Granted if I go above certain percentage of fat in the diet the situation exacerbates even further.

In those photos are the fattest parts of the animal namely brisket and ribs. I do not see anything unnatural about that.

According to the ultrasound scan I didn't have any stones in my bile. It was just inflamed. Wikipedia states that "cholecystitis usually presents as a pain in the right upper quadrant. This is usually a constant, severe pain. The pain may be felt to 'refer' to the right flank or right scapular region at first. May also present with the above mentioned pain after eating greasy or fatty foods such as pastries, pies and fried foods. This is usually accompanied by a low grade fever, vomiting and nausea." However, much to the doc's surprise I didn't have any pain in there or any other specific symptoms. I am not sure its anything to worry about. If you lose too much sleep over the gallstones you can make one of those gallbladder flushes to settle yourself down.

Butter... is one of the easiest fats to digest and assimilate. It is second only to fat in egg yolk and coconut oil.

I have also noticed that SUET and to a lesser extend subcutaneous fat tend to cause stomach pains, loose stools and diarrhea.

Yuri,

It is clear that you are doing something wrong with your diet.
I suspect your body needs a break from all this fatty meat, and fasting maybe a good idea for you. This would be a way to "reset" your digestive system and organs.
Too much of even the best food you can find is detrimental for your health.
Hope this help.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 04, 2010, 03:55:00 am »
Recorded experience of those who never heard of diet is that they ate the fatty parts of wild animals, and left the lean meat for the dogs/wolves/foxes/crows etc. That was American bison.

Yeah, but what does it mean fatty meat? Is that nice, soft mouth-watering fat, and/or the fat mixed with the meat? The difference may be: Fat which served a long-term function within the prey's body is hard to digest and bad; fat which is simply for storing energy in the prey will be easy to digest and good, because it would've constantly been broken down and re assimilated by the prey itself and needed to be soft.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 04:00:08 am by miles »

William

« Reply #312 on: February 04, 2010, 04:50:53 am »
Yeah, but what does it mean fatty meat?

My reference was to the Lewis and Clark expedition, and they ate the tongue and hump.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 04, 2010, 10:39:35 am »
But what is the definition of 'fatty'? Fatty, but relative to what? Fatty relative to a chicken breast? Fatty relative to skin+fat? The fattiest parts of a fit wild animal; or the fattiest parts of a morbidly obese, domesticated/docile animal?

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 04, 2010, 05:07:47 pm »
Do tongues have alot of fat? Do they taste good?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #315 on: February 04, 2010, 05:49:58 pm »
Do tongues have alot of fat? Do they taste good?
 Tongues are somewhere between 50-60% fat.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:21:24 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 07, 2010, 01:33:43 am »
Yeah, but what does it mean fatty meat? Is that nice, soft mouth-watering fat, and/or the fat mixed with the meat? The difference may be: Fat which served a long-term function within the prey's body is hard to digest and bad; fat which is simply for storing energy in the prey will be easy to digest and good, because it would've constantly been broken down and re assimilated by the prey itself and needed to be soft.

Interesting definition of fat, isnt fat rapidly formed & expelled by the body itself, in faeces, sweat, mucus etc.?

I'm not sure if the body strictly re-assimilates fat ...

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 07, 2010, 02:29:08 am »
Well... the adipose cells fill with triglycerides? and then are emptied/filled constantly? But in the tough fat, which serves some other function, the body might only break that down in similar situations to when it'd break down muscle. So if you eat it, it's hard to use...?

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 07, 2010, 07:33:21 am »
maybe some sort of fasting may help...just a thought

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 07, 2010, 08:19:04 am »
it just seems that your just stuffing yourself with food and hoping for the best, the theory holds that fasting will allow your digestive system and body a break to repair/heal itself. I too for some reason feel full all the time and dont know if this usually happens to people on this diet , all i eat is bone marrow, eggs, meat, vegetable juice.

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 15, 2010, 11:56:07 am »
yuri it should be clear to you as well as to everybody else that this diet does not suit you and has harmed you/caused all your ills you are currently facing. every health problem is associated with diet and you are no exception. fasting does not create the health problems that you have, only diet. my theory is that the bone marrow that you introduced after quiting dairy food was not tolerated well by your body and therefore harmed you. you have poor digestion because of your diet, and everything else wrong with you. you must stop currently what your eating before it gets even worse. either go back to your native diet, or do what aajonus suggest and eat only eggs milk and cream/butter. or something else, but not what your eating right now.

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 15, 2010, 01:46:11 pm »
some things that i have noticed while i recently introduced bone marrow into my raw meat diet: I feel full, like i dont feel like eating alot. When i eat bone marrow along with my meat meal i notice that the meat takes longer to get out of my stomach because the fat sticks the sides of my intestines and stomach not letting the meat pass through, i feel like i have a brick in my stomach "heavy feeling".

before with my meat meal i was eating butter eggs and some cream for my fat source and i have not noticed the heavy feeling i get with bone marrow.

well today i no longer felt like doing the diet because i didnt like the food i eat and just felt like something wasnt right....i was heavily in thought about whether the bone marrow was a good fat source, but then i just said hey fuck it i quit this and i dont care if i possibly get sick from eating cooked foods in the future, besides, i was healthy on a SAD. So today after like 3 months eating raw meat diet i ate pizza and a subway sandwitch. i ate it at 3pm and then the sandwitch at 4-5pm. and the pizza and sandwitch i think came fully digested out of my bum at 12.00pk today. thats fast considering i used to take craps every 2-3 days. and the feces were perfectly smooth and brown and not hard/constipated like my last one. I just dont know if i should go back to eating my raw diet just excluding bone marrow and see how it goes or just eat cooked but less processed cooked food.

again one can only have impaired digestion look you yuri from a bad diet, you might think that that mutton and raw goat is the ideal diet, but for it sure seems like it aint if you still got all those problems listed.

kidney stones are also caused by diet, as you have developed by going ZC. maybe your problem started not when you started fasting but when you switched from cream, butter and eggs as your fat source to bone marrow as your fat source.

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 15, 2010, 02:06:41 pm »
oh maybe bone marrow hasnt worked out well for me because it was the dry, crumbily kind not the creamy liquidy kind that i had only once.

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 17, 2010, 01:09:17 pm »
on second thought, maybe fasting has messed up your health.

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 17, 2010, 10:04:51 pm »
Here are my replies to questions by pc701:

maybe some sort of fasting may help...just a thought
No it won’t.

t just seems that your just stuffing yourself with food and hoping for the best, the theory holds that fasting will allow your digestive system and body a break to repair/heal itself
These kind of fasting theories ruined my health. I know that the old adage goes that desperate diseases must have desperate cures but this is hardly my case. I don’t really think that eating half a pound of meat with some fat daily divided into two meals is any sort of stuffing. Far from it.

my theory is that the bone marrow that you introduced after quiting dairy food was not tolerated well by your body and therefore harmed you.
Well, you definitely have a point here. I speculate that a kind of toxicity may have wrecked my endocrine system, in particular my thyroid and adrenals. It could have been caused either by intermittent fasting, bone marrow consumption or the combination of the two. You see, when I started IF I begun losing weight very quickly. That rapid weight loss may have triggered the release of massive amounts of toxins from the fat deposits into my body thus overtaxing and damaging the glands. As for the marrow it is known to be the primary place of storage of toxins in the body. The marrow that I was eating could have contained various heavy metals that might have harmed my thyroid and adrenals.

you have poor digestion because of your diet, and everything else wrong with you. you must stop currently what your eating before it gets even worse. either go back to your native diet, or do what aajonus suggest and eat only eggs milk and cream/butter. or something else, but not what your eating right now.
It is perfectly clear that the effective digestion is absolutely crucial to a good health. I ate my native diet, tried what Aajonus suggested, consumed only eggs, fermented milk and cream/butter and did even more than that all to no avail…

some things that i have noticed while i recently introduced bone marrow into my raw meat diet: I feel full, like i dont feel like eating alot. When i eat bone marrow along with my meat meal i notice that the meat takes longer to get out of my stomach because the fat sticks the sides of my intestines and stomach not letting the meat pass through, i feel like i have a brick in my stomach "heavy feeling".
I think it is more to do with what your digestion is apt to. Before IF, when I had perfect digestion, I ate form half a pound to a pound of marrow at one sitting, topped all that fat with a pound of meat and could play soccer in 30-60 minutes after that meal. Now, when my digestion is severely compromised, I tolerate marrow very poorly. Suet also causes me massive problems. Even cream is too hard. The only fat that I can handle more or less fine is butter. It is truly magical…

kidney stones are also caused by diet, as you have developed by going ZC. maybe your problem started not when you started fasting but when you switched from cream, butter and eggs as your fat source to bone marrow as your fat source.
It can be but is highly unlikely. I know many people who regularly consume commercial meats without any signs of deterioration of their health. intermittent fasting was the single biggest killer of my physical health…
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:12:03 pm by rawlion »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk