Author Topic: Aajonus' Radio Interview In The UK  (Read 5789 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Aajonus' Radio Interview In The UK
« on: April 18, 2010, 05:49:01 pm »
Here is the excerpt I got from Jim Ellingson:-

"Aajonus - creator of the Primal Diet - will be interviewed on U.K.'s The Late Show by Ian Collins at 11 PM (London time) Sunday April 18th.  That is 3 PM Pacific time, 6 PM Eastern Standard time. Anyone anywhere in the world who is on the internet can catch this interview live at www.talkSPORT.net! Or in the UK at 1089/1053 AM, DAB Digital Radio, Sky Digital 0108, Freeview 723, Digital Cable.  It is scheduled to be a short interview but sparks may fly, considering the unfavorable British press on the Primal Diet.

I am emailing you because you know something of the Primal Diet and the regimen Aajonus has worked out for us to achieve excellent health.  It would be great if those of you on the Primal Diet in U.K. called in, or from any country.  Please tell anyone who may have some interest in achieving health through diet to tune in.  This station is billed as the U.K.'s best speech radio station, with sports and current affairs programming, live commentaries, interviews, debate and phone-ins.

Highest regards,
Jim Ellingson 323-913-9741
P.S. The more people who know of the Primal Diet, the easier it is to get agreement and support for making good food easily available - so this is in everyone's best interest."

The last 2 lines are most pertinent. The more people who join the RVAF diet movement, the more likely it is that farmers start providing raw RVAF-diet-friendly produce for us, so we get more choice. In the long run, we might even get other advantages such as raw animal food restaurants in the same way that raw vegans now have raw vegan restaurants all over the world. And so on and on...

I find it interesting that it made a vague mention of the generally unfavourable mention of the Primal Diet in the UK press. There's only 2 newspaper articles I know of , from the UK(at least the online ones), which mention it, 1 of them mentioned here. Well, with this radio-interview, there may be more newspaper articles printed  re RVAF diets which can only be a good thing.  Unfortunately, the radio-interview is being done far too late in the evening.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:02:18 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Furion

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Aajonus' Radio Interview In The UK
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 07:39:37 pm »
How did it go?

Any links to where I can view or download this interview?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 10:56:51 pm »
You'd have to check the websites mentioned above. I didn't bother listening to the broadcast.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PrimalLadyRosy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Primal Diet Friends
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 01:12:56 am »
It was a very short interview but it went well.
I am the creator of the primal diet friends social networking site, thanks to Jim and Barbara Ellingson's suggestion.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 02:44:40 am »
He mentioned on the interview that he was trying to kill himslef by eating raw meat. (At the time he thought, like many ppl, that the bacteria and parasites etc associated with raw meat would kill him). But instead it cured him of various illnesses, including cancers.
What springs to my mind is that surely he wouldnt have bought high quality, grass fed meats to kill himself with? ie. were poorer quality grain fed meats enough to cure the illnesses?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 03:37:09 am »
Aajonus has this mythical tale of starting to eat the flesh of wild animals, and being taught to do so by coyotes. No mention of raw grainfed meats.

I have heard of 1 or 2 claims where people claimed someone had healed on a diet consisting partially of raw grainfed meats. I'm sure it can happen as raw grainfed meat would contain no heat-created toxins from cooking, but it's very nutrient-poor with an awful omega-3:omega 6 ratio etc.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:49:55 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 03:57:17 am »
I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water, but in my opinion, these wild mythologies only serve to undermine anything decent about Aajonus' work, placing him in the ranks of some kind of self-styled cult hero...I've never actually read any of his books - are they insightful? I saw a review from you Tyler on his second book (Amazon), but it generally seems unavailable...Does anyone have the electronic version to share, for a nominal PayPal transfer?
When hungry eat, when tired sleep - this is the essence of Zen...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 04:15:21 am »
Well, people now claim that the 2nd edition of his 1st book we want to live is much improved, but I have my doubts. When I first bought the 1st edition , half the book was a tedious quasi-religious tale about Aajonus and his recovery and his healing of his son via raw diets. Bored me to tears. Then the rest of the book was a list of various conditions all of which had raw cream, nuts and similiar guff prescribed for them. Useless for me, anyway, as I had other issues not mentioned as I recall.

The 2nd book is mainly a recipes book but he does at least include several references in that book to scientific studies which support his claims, in the 1st half.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 05:59:46 am »
Does anyone have the electronic version to share, for a nominal PayPal transfer?

Can download both books from his own website -
http://www.wewant2live.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk