Author Topic: Appetite when eating cooked food  (Read 11838 times)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Appetite when eating cooked food
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2010, 01:25:26 am »
Not to me.

Sorry I didn't phrase that well, they are not completely flavorless out of the fridge, but the flavor GREATLY increases after they are either allowed to get to room temperature or allowed to sit out for a while.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2010, 01:51:27 am »
That is the one and only poutine, its a traditional Quebec delicacy, the other ones with melted cheese are not worthy to be called poutine... Its like calling a bread-less sandwich a sandwich, a sandwich with no bread is just not a sandwich...
In New Brunswick Poutine means something entirely different. Its a snowball made out of fresh ground potato with a piece of pork stuck in the middle. They take this and put it in hot water and boil for awhile. My exe's family set aside time every year to make up tons of these things. Then they took the same raw grated potato and made a cake which was then baked. It came out gray and they would kill for this. It was called Rapeur (sp)
This is definitely starvation food.
Cheers
Al

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2010, 02:17:21 am »
In my town poutine would likely be misheard for poontang, but only if you get lucky will you stick your piece of pork in the middle of it.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2010, 02:20:01 am »
That's an interesting progression.... from appetite to poutine to poontang..... Took the long way round LOL
Cheers
Al

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2010, 03:41:27 am »
Meats are only flavorless when too fresh and out of the fridge, once I let a good meat sit around a bit, its flavor develops nicely.  :)
Even fresh meats can be flavourful - horse meat, goat meat, mutton from rams, and wild venison of course.
But you're right about the aging - when the meat gets older it becomes more of the delicacy  :)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk