Author Topic: Introduction new member  (Read 5141 times)

Offline sydney

• Scavenger
  • smiling 'Piggy'
    • View Profile
Introduction new member
« on: May 07, 2010, 12:16:30 am »
 ;D Hi everybody! I am single 61f following wap for 1 1/2 yr. I have just been able to access raw milk so able to individualise the diet. The reason I am on this site is that most wap sites are for families and gormands. But I want to simplify my diet like in the paleo mode. I respect and have learned alot from the paleos but am not convinced about some bottom line things. Maybe I'll write more about that later. Don't want to get flamed for my intro -X
I noticed that in alot of tradition diets, the people don't have alot of variety in their diet. I wanna go with that for its anti-consumerist content. How wonderful is it to not have to cruise the aisles? For sure. I find the simple and small amount of cooking I do effortless so am not out, at least in the short-term, to eliminate cooking.
I am a vata type(if you believe such things-not sure I do). EG naturally slender, don't care about eating, can go long periods without eating, hunger doesn't bother me.
Heres the outline of my eating plan. I want to give it a couple months to see how it goes.   
To be eaten  within 1 hour of awakening and prepared the night before (so minimum effort in am when don't feel like eating). Milk shake with 2 raw egg yolks and small amout of berries(like about a dozen). Within a maximum of 3 hours have supplement meal. Evening meal, Either: liver pate, cheese, bought packaged(but I have investigated the bakery)sourdough bread with liberal slashing of butter ,one slice max., seafood (am inland the fish is old yuk) and raw tomato (thank you Mark Sisson's for the tomato) with olive oil. 1 cup raw milk with yolk. Or: meat and veg dish made with bone broth or soup same. Late evening drink of 80% chocolate made with water topped with a couple tblsp x2 cream.
The supplement meal is 1/4 tsp molasses,1tsp cod liver oil, 2 big gulps kefir,1/2tsp high vitamin butter oil and spirillina(which I just leave in the fridge to hydrate so don't have to mix it up daily
I have to end post a I'm not being allowto stay at the bottom of the page.Sydney
Sydney

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Introduction new member
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 04:31:36 pm »
A very wapf diet indeed. I fear that it might not work too well, given all the processed stuff like chocolate, the (raw?) dairy, the soup/bone-broth/molasses/liver pate/spirulina(algae are notoriously not bioavailable for humans re vitamin b12 etc.) Well, try it anyway, but you'll eventually find that rawpalaeo works better.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sydney

• Scavenger
  • smiling 'Piggy'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 11:16:32 am »
Thanks for your reply tyler and thanks for not flaming me I know you think milk is bad. I haven't read your stcky here yet on dairy- I will eventually, but I have read lots of anti dairy stuff in other places. I think I've got the genetic background to be able to tolerate dairy.

I'm intrigued by your final statement. How will I know if I'm doing well on the diet, the context being I am in good health in the sense of having no obvious symptoms? Whatever, I am not going to go gets tests-I would not know the tests to get or how to interpret them, keep away from doctors on principle, and the nhs doesn't encourage well people to get tests. Well up to now they haven't, as a pensioner they're now encouraging testing for bowel cancer- I got the 'invitation' through my post out of the blue. This just makes me go on the warpath >: Say no more.

I have to say on the general wap diet I have followed up to now(eg some raw but not as much as on the new diet), I have noticed BMs to be totally new experience. I used to think people who extolled their BMs were sad fks, but now I kinda understand where they are coming from. I seldom had problems in this area before as a whole fooder eating meat, so its not some radical change in the BM department, I was actually quite resistant to paying attention to bms, read too many veggie's storys about looking down the toilet. I always thought eat right guys and bms will take care of themselves. But I have to recognise the subjective side is different from what it was. I mention this in reference to indicators of health one should look out for.Sydney

I th
to go wap

Sydney

Offline sydney

• Scavenger
  • smiling 'Piggy'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 12:08:46 pm »
Tyler Why the question mark after the raw? dairy? I have since reconsidered and have decided to cut out the occassional cooked meal/broth in my plan. I had a chili in the slow cooker, made in accordance with wap, and I just couldn't face it. So think might as well go more raw, why not, and keep to the milk and yolk shakes. Yeah the pates cooked but at least its liver. I kinda think the raw meat diet is for therapuetic purposes. Of course anyone can eat whatever they like and be guided by their desires and what their body needs, experimentation is great. But whether one diet fits everyone I doubt. I find it hard enough to eat 'normal' food, raw meat would be impossible for me, even were I convinced it was best.
If this site didn't have a wap raw section I would not have posted here. Isn't the diet I've outlined mostly raw?
I think the spirilina is superfulous now I'm taking clo. I'm just finishing off the box, bought 2 years ago so not taken often. And its vile tasting. I investigated the brand and its minimally processed.
I can't see that the tiny amount of sugar in 80% chocolate is a big deal for a healthy person eating a healthy diet. There lots of evidence that chocolate is healthy. And anything that helps me eat more regularly is good. Thank you for your reply. Sydney 
Sydney

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 05:40:06 pm »
Well, most people generally only try this diet once they've suffered a great deal of ill-health on SAD diets. If one is still relatively healthy, then a WAPF-style diet isn't too bad, if one isn't prepared to go rawpalaeo and doesn't have any dairy- or grains-related issues/allergies. I would advise you, though, to avoid the pate or any similiar processed foods. Pate is often filled with additives/preservatives, quite aside from the cooking issue.

The main advantage of raw meat diets, other than just regaining health,  is that one is not taking in any heat-created toxins formed via cooking - heat-created toxins, such as advanced glycation end products, are heavily implicated in  age-related conditions in scientific studies, which implies that eating raw foods lets the body age at a more normal, slower rate than on a cooked food diet.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sydney

• Scavenger
  • smiling 'Piggy'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 06:12:09 am »
Thank you Taylor for your thoughtful reply. Syd
Sydney

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk