Author Topic: Yet another reason to go rawpalaeo  (Read 3334 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Yet another reason to go rawpalaeo
« on: May 17, 2010, 07:41:49 pm »
We've all noted how rawpalaeodiets have helped improve men's sex-drives re increased testosterone levels etc.. Here's a study showing that men's ability to sleep properly declines with age, and this is blamed primarily on the reduction in testosterone levels:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7730923/Men-lose-the-ability-to-sleep-soundly-as-they-get-older-scientists-have-discovered.html

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another reason to go rawpalaeo
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 10:08:15 pm »
Rawpaleo sleep is awesome. Get into bed, pass out and wake up refreshed with no sensation of any troubles in the night.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 11:57:40 pm »
Rawpaleo sleep is awesome. Get into bed, pass out and wake up refreshed with no sensation of any troubles in the night.
I know. Having suffered from severe chronic fatigue pre-rawpaleodiet, it was refreshing to finally be able to read or watch TV more than 30 minutes without feeling too tired to continue etc. The only catch is that I no longer am aware of my dreams - I'm sure I'm still dreaming but I fall in and out of sleep so quickly I don't notice.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline actionhero

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 01:26:18 am »
How cool would it be if the article ended like this: "But this problem can be instantly and completely solved by adopting a raw meat diet!"

EPIC WIN
A P E X   P R E D A T O R

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 03:14:08 am »
The only catch is that I no longer am aware of my dreams - I'm sure I'm still dreaming but I fall in and out of sleep so quickly I don't notice.

Me too...which makes me think that it's not all that important to interpret dreams. Maybe they're just a reflection of whatever overnight processings going on in the brain.

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 03:26:00 am »
Apparently, dream recall is associated with vitamin B6 - I've experimented with this theory before by supplementing with B6 sources before bed (hi-pollen honey, pollen, brewers' yeast) and I definitely find a more lucid, deep identification with the dreamscape and its potential relevance/association.

Dreaming is/can be an awesome, creative process. Substances (e.g. cannabis sativa) that impact neurotransmission before bed can be very welcome potentiators - even an easily digestible form of tryptophan can catalyse mindscapes that one could barely even envisage.

Does anyone here practice lucid dreaming?
When hungry eat, when tired sleep - this is the essence of Zen...

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 05:24:29 am »
My dad does, during sleep paralysis.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 05:38:48 am »
Theres articles all over the web that say that the general reason for dreaming is because you arr stressed and this is your bodies way of relaxing the mind. I believe there was also a link to diet.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk