Author Topic: Eating the same cuts/organs every day?  (Read 3949 times)

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Eating the same cuts/organs every day?
« on: May 18, 2010, 02:39:23 am »
Is there anything wrong with eating the same organs/ cuts of meat every day. For example, I really like beef heart. Would it negatively affect me to eat heart most days. Or would a more varied diet be better with different cuts/ organs each day? Well I know a more varied approach would be better, but is there anything wrong with eating a certain organ every day? Thanks a lot...
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Eating the same cuts/organs every day?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 02:47:59 am »
I have found that eating non-muscle organs (kidney, liver, spleen) is not doable every day.
For a while I was ok eating those every day, but lately I eat them 2-3 times a week.

Muscle organs like tongue and heart I have no issues eating daily.  I also have no issues eating the same cuts of meat every day.  I've been eating lamb for the past 6 months almost daily and have not got tired of it yet.

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 03:17:31 am »
@ys: What do you mean "for a while I was ok"? Did you suddenly become "not ok"? ;-#

I've eaten liver, kidney, heart every day for a while now, along with marrow - as my evening meal. I typically eat just muscle meats (preferably tougher cuts) with melted minced fat as my lunch.

I find it's best to rotate textures for some variation, so different preparations are the key to sustaining daily organ meats. Sometimes, I'll make a paste by getting the organs out of the freezer and grating the frozen mass with the fine side - that's the best method to reduce organs to a smooth paste (juicing organs leaves the stringy bits intact, so it's best to freeze and grate).

I also buy air-dried "pet treats", which are useful for snacking on - you can slice the organs and jerky them in a dehydrator if you have one (I find them less potent though).

Of course, it's nice to leave everything chunky sometimes.

Eating the whole animal is important though for balance, so don't avoid the tough cuts. I've even tried chewing on intervertebral discs to get some collagen, but it doesn't seem to agree with me.

Also, you can combine bone meal (long bones seem to be best for rasping) with some clay, if you're prepared to make it.
When hungry eat, when tired sleep - this is the essence of Zen...

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 04:16:56 am »
What do you mean "for a while I was ok"? Did you suddenly become "not ok"?

I meant for months I had no issues eating organs daily.  Lately, my taste buds are getting sick of too much organs.  I don't have this issue with muscle organs like hearts and tongues.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 10:07:07 am »
I eat the exact same diet every day. I feel great and don't want variety.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 05:01:59 pm »
I think variety is important.I think one can overdo raw liver though not any other raw organs. I do think a wide variety of rawmuscle-meats and raw organs is required as like cures like, IMO.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 10:56:27 am »
I think variety is important.

After more than 10 years on raw diets of all types, YES, this is EXTREMELY true.

Seriously.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk