Author Topic: CRON-O-METER Nutrient Program  (Read 11946 times)

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
CRON-O-METER Nutrient Program
« on: August 02, 2008, 12:22:20 am »
Has anyone tried using the CRON-O-METER? You can use it in Windows, Mac or Linux. And you can use it to help you get what you need and perhaps save you from resorting to- BUYING VITAMINS!

Here's a sample I made up which I think fits the raw Paleo bill. I hope Paleos are allowed to use blenders because one of those bananas, Spinach, the kiwi and the sunflower seeds go in a smoothie. The sunflower seeds are way high in vitamin E and the Sardines are high in D and I know they're cooked :( Nearly covering all vitamins and minerals.

You can download the program here:

http://spaz.ca/cronometer/

My Sample:

So, if you haven't played with this, you can. It's FREE!

Best wishes,
Avalon  ;D

P.S. I use Soy Sauce when eating Raw Liver  ::)

P.P.S. If you're using linux and have issues, write me.

P.P.P.S. And, you're in Calorie Restriction mode! For a long life and weight loss?  ???

« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 03:38:07 am by avalon »

xylothrill

Re: CRON-O-METER Nutrient Program
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 09:17:56 am »
Thanks Avalon,

Yes, we can use blenders. Some even use meat-grinders! I don't think calorie restriction is so popular though. The same effects can be achieved by IF. Others may disagree.

I am surprise at the number of people, even if a few, who have the same interests as I do here. Linux? I just got back into that. Who's read "Ecology of the Planted Aquarium"? Okay, that was only one but still. The like-mindedness of us in many other ways is almost astonishing!

Craig
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 09:19:45 am by Craig »

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 03:56:42 am »
There are so many ideas from CR to IF. I played with the Up Day Down Day Diet, which is also a form of IF, but I took liberties with SAD on the UP calorie days.

What is your definition of IF since there are others?

And just in case you haven't been here, but I can't imagine you haven't check out... for noobies then :)

http://www.distrowatch.com

I'm using PCLinuxOS right now and like it a lot. I've used many through the years.

Best wishes,
Avalon

xylothrill

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 09:32:09 am »
My idea of IF is eating at most once a day. I'm not really rigid with it as I just fell into eating this way and once in a while, will eat twice.

I have been to distrowatch. I use Ubuntu because it was the only one I could find that supported my hardware and would install. I am happy with it.  ;D

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 10:54:00 pm »
Morning :)

I used Mepis for the longest while until they started using Ubunt's base ::)  Tried PCLinux just for trial sake and it's been good and stable. Are you using Gnome or KDE ?

xylothrill

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 11:42:56 pm »
Good Morning!

Gnome. I actually first started with Kubuntu, then tried Ubuntu. I liked Gnome better so stuck with that.

Craig

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 11:46:03 pm »
The best IF routine is supposed to be to eat only every alternate day.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 05:25:51 am »
The best IF routine is supposed to be to eat only every alternate day.

Who says that?

I know the Up day down day diet has a similar theme.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 05:27:37 pm »
Who says that?

I know the Up day down day diet has a similar theme.

There were some studies mentioned on the fasting  yahoo group which stated that leaving more than 24 hours between meals(ie not eating every alternate day) was more effective than eating just one meal a day. I can't recall, offhand, though, which studies confirmed this.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 06:55:10 pm »
Anyone done this? alternate days. I 've thought about it.
At around the 24 hour mark I often feel really good, I feel wired, words come easy etc. I 've been told my pupils look huge, anyone know what part of fasting causes this?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 07:31:36 pm »
I've tried doing alternate day fasting bout it didn't work for me. You see, you have to remember to eat large amounts on the days you're allowed to eat food, as otherwise you get real hunger-pangs which are most distracting. My preference is to eat once a day, but quite often I will find myself concentrating heavily on one or two issues, during the week, and will simply forget to eat for a day or two, here and there.
" Ron Paul.

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 05:26:55 am »
Wow, forget to eat for a day or two. Can't say I've ever forgotten to eat that long.

xylothrill

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 09:04:23 am »
At around the 24 hour mark I often feel really good, I feel wired, words come easy etc. I 've been told my pupils look huge, anyone know what part of fasting causes this?

I tried it early on and found that I still ate the same amount of food as I did every day. So, I was actually eating half the calories on average. I was still losing weight at the same rate. I felt more energetic on the fasting day but eventually that started to go away. I realized I was not only getting half the calories but also half the nutrients by doing this.

It was early on so I'm sure I wasn't quite in tune with my body and I couldn't get twice as much food down on the days I did eat. So, I just went back to my normal once a day. Maybe skipping a meal once a week would be better for me.

I don't know what causes large pupils but the whites of my eyes are clearer and my vision is stronger better, even eating once a day.

Craig

xylothrill

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 09:10:29 am »

Actually, that sounds like anti-anxiety. When I was on xanax, that would happen, come to think of it. Only it was accompanied by more colorful vision. Maybe it's a natural state of relaxation or you're body takes that time to detox some of the anxiolytics you may have taken in the past.

Craig

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 08:26:39 pm »
[pot]I don't know what causes large pupils but the whites of my eyes are clearer and my vision is stronger better, even eating once a day.[/pot]
Pot?  ;D What?

Is pot paleo?

xylothrill

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 11:53:05 pm »
[pot]I don't know what causes large pupils but the whites of my eyes are clearer and my vision is stronger better, even eating once a day.[/pot]
Pot?  ;D What?

Is pot paleo?

That's the stuff the aliens brought the Inuit.  ;D 
I don't know if it's Paleo. I don't know how people can like it though. Pot made me feel like I was going to die. I couldn't breathe and I couldn't feel my heart beating. The only thing worse was when I tried acid. A ceiling fan was chasing me around the house trying to chop me up. Scary stuff! This was over twenty years ago and I've never done any of it nor tried any other illicit drug since.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 12:37:30 am »
Wow, I don't know what possessed you to try LSD when you didn't even like cannabis!
I'm a bit of a psychonaut myself... LSD is the only thing I'll happily ingest that is unnatural, although finding it is QUITE rare.

Haven't done anything (including cannabis) all summer though, as I'm living with my parents and wish to respect their rules.

xylothrill

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 02:39:47 am »
I should have learned my lesson but alas, how soon we forget and the peer pressure.

Wouldn't mushrooms from cow patties be more natural than LSD? I'm curious to know what you get out of it. Aren't you afraid of flashbacks? Or maybe being chased by a pack of B-12 deficient vegans in your hallucinations?  ;D

Craig

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 05:38:46 am »
Well, since you mention it, I do have quite a bit more experience with the mushroom than I have with LSD.

I don't really want to derail this thread though any more  :)
so if you'd like I'll answer your questions in a PM.

But, on the record, I will say that I use these kinds of substances not for fun or to "see things", but as a spiritual sacrament, and to delve deep inside my psyche.

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 05:46:10 am »
All of the above  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk