Poll

How do you eat your foods?

In combinations(eg:- raw meats and raw plants together, or raw meats and raw spices etc.)
3 (16.7%)
I usually eat each raw food separately(ie mono-eating)
8 (44.4%)
I don't mix raw meats and raw plants together but often mix my raw meats with each other
7 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Mono-eating  (Read 11955 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Mono-eating
« on: May 28, 2010, 03:56:56 am »
1 of the very first useful things I learnt from the Instincto Diet was Mono-eating(eating just 1 type of raw food at a time). That is, my digestion was so badly wrecked at the start of going rawpalaeo, asa result of years on SAD etc., that I found my digestion was much easier if I just ate 1 raw food at a time. Recent experimentations with adding in raw spices such as cayenne pepper/black pepper etc., have shown that I don't digest raw meats as well if I include any raw spices, and they  just seem to pass out the other end more quickly without being as well absorbed as before.

Anyway, I'm curious as to how many RPDers go in for mono-eating primarily.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Mono-eating
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 04:10:11 am »
what about another bullet for people that mix meat and fat from an animal or different kinds of animals but no plant foods?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 04:17:25 am »
Good point. I've included that now.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 04:44:31 am »
ok I put the 3rd. I usually don't do this for taste reasons. probably if I never read anything about rawpaleo or fat I would just be eating meals of various meats or seafoods by themselves. Then there are other things like liver which I could eat alone, but usually ration over time. I have to combine with some kind of fat, to take in enough fat. I think I would have a hard time eating meals of fat only, unless maybe I was doing many meals per day.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 05:08:01 am »
Ha. I'm actually not sure how to vote on this.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 06:02:40 am »
One food at a time, of course, unmixed and unspiced.

But then if I’m still hungry, which is most often the case, I choose and eat another food soon afterwards and probably a third one after a few minutes. It seems to hamper digestion to eat too many different foods at the same meal. Eating a single food at each meal could be a good way, probably more the way animals do in the wild  – since finding several different food nearby in few minutes doesn’t happen frequently (except on some see shores where one may easily find crabs, seaweeds, oysters, mussels and other shellfish). But in practice it proves difficult for me and for people who have to work on timely schedules to eat only one food per meal and therefore take several meals daily: two meals a day seems to work fine.

Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 07:31:31 am »
I put choice number 3 but it's by default; I mix fat and lean in the same meal. I very rarely mix organs with lean but do sometimes mix with fat.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 08:31:37 am »
I put choice number 3 but it's by default; I mix fat and lean in the same meal. I very rarely mix organs with lean but do sometimes mix with fat.

Yeah, its strange, because in a modern sense I think there is a difference between 2 and 3. A person eats tongue one meal (or day). and eats a whole fish maybe the next or maybe a bunch of marrow bones. It a clear different WOE than 3. But with an animal eating they would be eating organs and likely muscle meats and fats, so I'm not sure this interupts the natural benefits of 'mono' consumption or is drastically different if they are from the same animal.

If one is eating another food before the other one even digests, even if one goes by Bass's layered model or whatever, I think that disrupts somewhat the definition of mono eating FWIW.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 10:10:35 am »
I have a very monotonous, variety-limited diet by choice and preference. I also have one main meal--beef and fat, or beef fat and liver. So I don't mix meats per se. I guess I mix raw meat and raw fat, but it is mostly just all beef, and I don't eat any raw non-animal foods.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 07:16:02 pm »
I used to have slight digestive issues, early on in this RPD diet, when mixing different raw organs/muscle-meats with each other., due to decades on unhealthy SAD diets. Just eating raw liver or raw kidney at separate times(preferably 30 minutes+ between each different food-intake) would help digestion better. After a while, I was able to include different kinds of raw animal(palaeo) foods without having any issues, due to healing on this diet, but it seems that mixing raw animal foods with raw plant-foods is still a bad idea.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 01:22:07 pm »
Eating fruits and vegs 1-2 h prior to raw meats and fat is the best option for me.
But I do mix organ-meats with muscle-meats and it's ok
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 04:19:00 am »
Often I mix innards, fat and lean meat in one meal without any digestive problems. This combination satisfied well and the portion is smaller than eating only meat. Like TylerDurden I consider mixing raw animal foods with raw plant-foods a bad idea.

Francois, you wrote that you are still hungry after eating meat. What kind of food do you eat after meat?

Susan

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 07:40:16 am »
Susan,

What innards do you typically eat?

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 04:18:43 am »
Regulary I eat liver, kidney and brain. Brain tastes for me like mascorpone and liver like chocolate when I really need it. :)

Susan

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 01:41:40 pm »
Often I mix innards, fat and lean meat in one meal without any digestive problems. This combination satisfied well and the portion is smaller than eating only meat. Like TylerDurden I consider mixing raw animal foods with raw plant-foods a bad idea.

Francois, you wrote that you are still hungry after eating meat. What kind of food do you eat after meat?
Susan

I used to eat vegetables after meat, but now I wait about an hour before eating vegetables. When I was in the tropics, I most often didn't eat anything after my raw animal food diner. I suppose that a warm climate diminishes my hunger – and also probably the fact that I was somehow always in some company there. Loneliness makes me eat too much to compensate for boredom!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 08:01:39 pm »
I have never had the idea to eat vegetables after meat. You don't have problems with this combination?

You wrote that loneliness makes you eat too much to compensate for boredom. It is not only the compensation of boredom I think. Unfortunately for many people food is a vicarious satisfaction for attention and love. Instead of hugs our parents and other people offered sweets, didn't they? And we learned to eat when we want to have physical contact. It is not easy to trash this bad habit.  :(

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 08:30:42 pm »
I have never had the idea to eat vegetables after meat. You don't have problems with this combination?

No, I never had any problems with such meals. But nevertheless, I now pay attention to wait for a while between different kinds of foodstuff, for instance between animal stuff and vegetables and between vegetables and fruits or nuts.

You wrote that loneliness makes you eat too much to compensate for boredom. It is not only the compensation of boredom I think. Unfortunately for many people food is a vicarious satisfaction for attention and love. Instead of hugs our parents and other people offered sweets, didn't they? And we learned to eat when we want to have physical contact. It is not easy to trash this bad habit.  :(

Exactly! So we get an intimate physical contact with something we like (instead of with somebody we love...) and we are somehow pleased!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk