Author Topic: New user pookietooth  (Read 4699 times)

Offline pookietooth

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • Jen Jen Rambler
New user pookietooth
« on: July 02, 2008, 12:04:53 pm »
Just a quick intro here. I'm exploring the various diets -- paleo, low carb, etc. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) which causes among other things infertility. Many women with PCOS benefit from a low carb diet, and also from a gluten-free and soy-free diet (it seems to be linked but not officially).

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: New user pookietooth
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 01:46:22 am »
Hopefully a raw animal foods diet can help you.

When you say women benefit from a low-carb diet what do you mean? Lessening of symptoms or cure?

xylothrill

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 05:04:50 am »
Welcome Pookietooth!

My ex-girlfriend has PCOS. She'd diabetic and on SAD. I know this diet would help her with both.  I know the PCOS and diabetes are probably responsible for her mood swings but she's especially touchy when talking about diet. When the subject of diet comes up, I've learned to remain silent.  She'll down a 32 oz Pepsi with her Spaghetti dinner and just pump herself full of insulin.

It's like a breath of fresh air or a sigh of relief whenever I see anyone who actually wants to do something to help themselves. Welcome to the forum!  :)

Craig

Satya

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 09:08:45 pm »
Just a quick intro here. I'm exploring the various diets -- paleo, low carb, etc. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) which causes among other things infertility. Many women with PCOS benefit from a low carb diet, and also from a gluten-free and soy-free diet (it seems to be linked but not officially).

Welcome Pookietooth!

I am not familiar with PCOS, but I do know that a low carb, paleo diet is definitely better for reproductive health.  I have been gluten free and pretty low carb for a few years.  Do you know what really sets off bad changes in me physically and mentally in relation to my cycles?  Dairy!  When I cut out the dairy, I do not have the heavy, tender breasts, the pms or moodiness that comes in the luteal phase of my cycles.  If I eat some cheese or have coffee with cream, those conditions return. 

I think you would do well to experiment yourself with foods and other lifestyle factors to see if it has any impact on your condition.  Iodine is also really important for women.  Seaweed and other seafoods would be a good addition to your diet as well. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 11:40:39 pm »
Hi, please go through the cancer cure protocol I made at http://tinyurl.com/cancercure

That should get rid of your PCOS and make you fertile.

I have more fertility tips at http://www.fertilityhelp.net

Glad to see you on raw paleo.  I pretty much see to it that everything I eat from fruit, vegs, animals are organic.  Avoiding pollution for me is of supreme importance.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline pookietooth

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • Jen Jen Rambler
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 06:38:29 am »
Thanks everyone for the welcome. What I meant about low carb and PCOS is that a lot of women with PCOS find that the lower they go with carbs, the better their PCOS symptoms are -- the facial hair, weight issues, as well as ovulation problems. And yeah, I'm sure insulin is related to PCOS, so lowering the carbs would help that, right? Dairy does seem to be a problem for me -- yogurt and cheese give me migraines, and milk gives me gas and postnasal drip. Fun!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk