Author Topic: I feel like I am at the end of my rope  (Read 17944 times)

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: I feel like I am at the end of my rope
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 10:16:46 pm »
I had an ultrasound scan twice which didn't show stones of any kind.

The only thing that I know for certain is that intermittent fasting coupled with overexercising caused all my problems.

Huh, strange.

I fasted for 12 days and that gave me the biggest relief in my health problems so far. It was a colon cleanse fast and I got rid of just insane amounts of mucoid plaque. So much you wouldn'T even believe it. And I would say my skin dryness was reduced by 50% and warts I had on my elbows disappeared and I realeased a lot of water weight, stuff which I thought was fat was actually water retention... and lots of other stuff got better. I can't wait to do my next colon cleanse fast. Although I wont do such a long one next time. It's probably better to do only 5-6 days at once.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

William

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 12:29:17 am »
 It seems to me that everyone who is forced into this diet by necessity has some kind of enzymatic insufficiency.  I want to know the root of the cause of why I used to be able to digest starches and cooked food and now I can't.  Something changed in my body what was it????  

I agree with the enzymatic insufficiency, and think it has something to do with liver malfunction, but have found nothing that would explain that, or how to correct it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 01:34:19 am »
If we are talking enzyme insufficiency then you may be a candidate for systemic enzymes.  I think Dr. William Wong sells those kinds of stuff.  There's also a German brand.  just google for "systemic enzymes".
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 01:56:24 am »
honestly, it seems to me that alot of the people feeling hunger or binging are modeling themselves on some kind of strict version of RPD that some perhaps have had success with. I think one thing I've walked away with from years on other dietary approaches is this is an extremely dangerous way to respond to symptoms as there our seemingly successful models to follow for any persuasion. Many are clearly not healthy at all to follow or at least are appropriate for that moment, for everyone.

I can say that when I eat fruits or honey I get some mild side effects that are warnings enough to stay away, at the same time I have no problems taking a bite of an apple and tossing it out or a few strawberries from a box and not having another meal for hours. I can prepare meals (meats/starches etc..) for others on an empty stomach and not salivate, even though like you I don't find raw fats and meats exactly to be treats. I would have never been able to do this on raw-vegan. I can only assume that this is due to the variety foods sources and/or ability to absorb foods because of methods that are constantly dismissed as rubbish by dietary autocrats. If I have vegetable juice w/ eggs in the morning I won't have hunger pangs till 5:00 pm. I literally have to eat at scheduled times, otherwise I will never get real hunger sensation.

It seems for the most part, you've had alot of success with symptoms cleaning up. most of my symptoms are slightly better at best, so I can relate to the frustrations, especially the effort to stick with it per results and seeming to not really having many options otherwise. But on the positive it seems to me you are in good shape to make some changes and ease up on what is defined as healthful. If you are no longer having undigested matter in stools and seem to be gaining weight due to excess calories, these seems to be healthful responses to bodily functioning. If you were losing weight doing what you describe I would be far more concerned, but it seems to be far more due to lack of minerals and stress. There could very well be underlying physical issues as well that might require serious involvement, but you can't tackle everything at once. see if small dietary change and relaxation help at all.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 02:04:26 am by KD »

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 03:53:53 am »

The only thing that I know for certain is that intermittent fasting coupled with overexercising caused all my problems.

I don't think there's really a way to "know" something like that for certain.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 03:29:47 pm »

You were fine until you started 'diets'
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 09:53:15 pm »
You were fine until you started 'diets'

What's wrong with that? Until I tried PD I didn't feel like I was even alive. The changes have been that big just from changing my diet (though I moved away from PD to more paleo eating.)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 05:12:57 am »
What's wrong with that? Until I tried PD I didn't feel like I was even alive. The changes have been that big just from changing my diet (though I moved away from PD to more paleo eating.)

Try reading Yuri's journal.  His problem began when he went into the diet experiments.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2010, 05:36:43 pm »
I've read a good deal of it, but I'm not sure what to think about it. It seems that he was quite successful trying diets until the point when he he tried intermittent fasting and ran into trouble, which is mystifying...

Offline tammy123

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • raw food diet
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2010, 10:40:02 pm »
Fruits are must to be included in your diet plan as, it helps you in keeping your body refreshed by removing all the harmful toxics from your body. It is always to better to have fruits daily instead of having a juice as it will be more helpful in providing fibre that is an important source of staying fit.

Thanks

Offline Stig of the Dump

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2010, 02:39:41 am »
I speculate that the answer might be to eat whole animal (mouse? frog?) but I'm not that brave.
That is a very interesting thought William.  I know that snake owners can buy whole frozen mice, for example;

http://www.petclubuk.com/sp/reptiles/reptile-frozen-food/frozen-mice-pinkies-x-100/1117

Mind-bending to think of eating them - I might not be that brave either.  (I do I know that some Northern wolves live off them.)

The real concern would be:  what are the mice fed?

(I once lived in Hawaii and the rats in the jungle were absolutely beautiful creatures with glossy coats and limpid eyes.  Pet shop mice, raised by the millions, probably eat the equivalent of cardboard.)

Offline sevenpoints

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2010, 07:21:54 am »
When I started this, I tried straight, raw beef.  From a taste and textural perspective, I just couldn't get into it.  I admit, I didn't try for very long, because I found the instructions for Lex Rooker's jerky drier.  Now virtually all the meat I eat dries in it, anywhere from 12 to 48 hours depending on how dry I like it, or how easily I want to transport it or how long I want it to keep.

Personally, I find it very palatable most of the time! And I like that it's not really "cooked", just dried, because the temperature is so low.  I go through the dry weight equivalent of anywhere from 1 to 2 pounds of fresh beef on an average day (which I've found weighs roughly 120 grams dry from each pound of fresh, if it's fully dried). The seasoning is simple but tasty, and I can fit most of my daily food in a brown paper bag and keep it in my backpack.

I also enjoy the way that fat gets in the jerky drier - easier to chew through with a textural combination of thick and soft with just a little bite to it.  I just put a steak roast in there which had a good layer of nice fat on top, from a grass fed/hay finished cow, and the fat was enough to cut almost a whole skewer's worth of strips.

I don't know if everyone agrees with jerky most of the time, but I've found it's working quite well for me.  I tend to digest it well and my tolerance for other food is better, too.  Today I ate jerky shortly after a piece of fruit, which months ago would have resulted in lots of skin itching, but it was no problem.

Months ago I was having major bad reactions to any food whatsoever, which is what prompted me to move in this diet's direction.  I admit that I also started with a lot of coconut oil because I likely had a bad yeast flareup, and did take l-glutamine to heal the lining of my gut.  I was under a lot of stress at the time, and that can play havoc with digestion.

I find I do better and am less sluggish with a few plant carbs, like fresh fruit - though hopefully later on I can get my hands on some quality grass fed/finished fat, and would like to try incorporating more of that for energy. 

All the best with your health! I'm still working on things, but have made improvements, unquestionably, and am thankful to have found this place.

Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk