Author Topic: Bleeding gums  (Read 22530 times)

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Bleeding gums
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 01:56:45 am »
What's wrong with that? Get two brisket's !? It's not hard to do RPD if you really wanted to do it. Pretty lies to yourself.

I really want to do RPD. Just really mixed up about issues concerning factors like amount of fat, nutrients, e.t.c stuff like that. Intake of organs.. And what about the amount of fat? 300g brisket, only 50-70g of fat on that so two briskets weighing at 600g would be 100g-140g of fats. If that's case, is it possible to get by with more red meat than fats?

The dentist said those are diseased gums, told me not to eat any uncooked food like sashimi because I did tell him I was consuming sashimi regularly. He said that about once or twice a month of sashimi is enough. You know, I'm pretty much gonna keep my mouth shut about RPD towards everyone.

I'm just gonna do RPD my way with some basic knowledge gained here. Thanks. Will report back soon. I hope.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 02:19:41 am »
Hi Dwight,

don't do it complicated to your self!
No need to measure etc.
Just eat when hungry, if for fattier meat, then eat it, if for less fat, then that.
Liver I try to get kind of 100-300 grams / week, that really gives a boost.
Organs you do not need much of, they are also only a small part of the animal. And eat what grows around you!
Wild berries, wild edibles (not the poisonous, for sure ;)).. fish.. what ever you get in good quality (better wild caught).
It really is easy!  :)

Look, we always have different needs, so go after how you feel, listen to your body. ;)

Inger

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 02:27:09 am »
Stephan Guyenet has posted lots of good info on the effects of foods (especially those rich in the nutrients A, D3 and K2) on dental and oral health. See http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009/04/dental-anecdotes.html for anecdotal evidence of people's dental improvements after applying this knowledge. For example: "Dr. Dan: Before paleo I had bleeding gums and sore teeth. Now that I have been on it I have not had them and my flatmate just commented how white my teeth are looking."
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 02:34:20 am »
You know, I'm pretty much gonna keep my mouth shut about RPD towards everyone.
I'm just gonna do RPD my way with some basic knowledge gained here. Thanks. Will report back soon. I hope.

That is always the best policy. My girlfriend and I tried sungazing, it worked well and when she got her eyes tested she said not a word to the puzzled eye doctor who the previous year had predicted surgery would be necessary. Mums the word.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 05:49:14 am by raw-al »
Cheers
Al

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2010, 12:15:36 am »
I just cured my bleeding gums using hydrogen peroxide 3%.Took about 10 days of daily use.Just dip your toothbrush in HP3% and then let it sit on your gumline for about a minute.Let it penetrate below the gumline.It will foam up and kill the bacteria inside the gums.Cheap and more effective than going to a dental hygenist.It works!!
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2010, 01:06:36 pm »
i almost cure my bleeding gum (98%) by one night just doing the nude sun bathing after taking staight 5 months in raw paleo diet. nothing helps me accept sunbathing. :D
bugs or country chickens

Offline Alomonger Pete

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2010, 05:49:12 pm »
5g of vitamin c a day should really help bleeding gums according to one of my contacts.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2010, 06:48:49 pm »
i almost cure my bleeding gum (98%) by one night just doing the nude sun bathing after taking staight 5 months in raw paleo diet. nothing helps me accept sunbathing. :D

You had a sunbath at night?  :o  l)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2010, 07:51:03 pm »
5g of vitamin c a day should really help bleeding gums according to one of my contacts.

I don't know about bleeding gums, but 5 g of c/day just gave me ugly smelling gas.  Do you mean in the form of fruit or whale blubber?  How do you like the forum so far?

You had a sunbath at night?  :o  l)

Lol I understood raw to mean one day of sun bathing, slept that night and woke up with healed gums.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Alomonger Pete

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2010, 08:10:15 pm »
    I don't know about bleeding gums, but 5 g of c/day just gave me ugly smelling gas.  Do you mean in the form of fruit or whale blubber?  How do you like the forum so far?
Correction: he actually recommended taking 6g of vit c with bioflavanoids (in tablet form I presume).  I wouldn't recommend most people do this but if you have bleeding gums it's worth a shot.  More than 1g of vitamin c and I my eyes go quite bloodshot.

I feel really fortunate to have stumbled across this forum.  A wealth of info on here; it's helping to give me something to do in my two week break from work.  Good to see you on here, Rawzi.  :)

Offline subfarm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 04:04:10 am »
I used to have this problem. When my gums were bleeding constantly, I was told that it was because my iron was low. It still happens from time to time depending on my cycle and what I've been eating.
  I don't own a toothbrush, and I haven't consistently brushed my teeth in over 10 years. I don't have a single cavity, nor do I have any other dental problems. No stinky breath, and shiny white teeth. I truly believe that dental issues are caused by eating "white man's food" as my dad puts it.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 01:03:48 pm »
I didn't read the posts in this thread. Bleeding gums can be caused by, but not limited to, vitamin c or/and d deficiency. Get more sunlight and/or get more vitamin d in your diet. Vitamin c, well if fruits cause you a problem, vegetables can be a potent source of vitamin c also. I've heard organ meats have vitamin c too.

Try rubbing the juice of pomegranate fruit on your gums. I heard that stuff stops bleeding gums and tightens it. They put that stuff(pomegranate seed) in herbal toothpaste.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 01:58:55 pm »
Vitamin c, well if fruits cause you a problem
Wild Rosa Canina fruis are perfect - about 2 g of vitamin C in 100 g!
Blackcurrants are quite good - 170 mg in 100 g.
I've heard organ meats have vitamin c too.
Veal thumus, especially - 50 mg in 100 g.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk