Author Topic: How to raise a child (from new born) with raw food?  (Read 3551 times)

Offline chench

• Forager
    • View Profile
How to raise a child (from new born) with raw food?
« on: May 18, 2010, 11:58:25 am »
I am a raw foodist for about 130 days now. I find my health improves tremendously!
My wife is not a raw foodist. Our baby is coming soon. I want my baby to grow healthily without vaccines and cooked food.
Can someone please advise me how to raise a child (from new born) with raw food diet? If possible, please list down the food that babies can consume by their age. Thank you.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: How to raise a child (from new born) with raw food?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 01:45:07 pm »
Just a side note, that you must make sure that you wife breast feeds the baby. Never use any artificial formula if possible.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 02:45:32 pm »
breast milk is good only when mom takes more nutritious food. and the other thing of breast milk is , baby gets stronger just sucking the breasts. now a days, everyone likes to be healthy, but most of their path is wrong. research found that, formula is much better than some mother's breast milk. here i'm not telling anyone to give their children formula, but, when mothers are in wrong diet, their babies don't get enough nutrients from that. wait until your baby is 7/8 months old and put the baby in raw paleo, the baby will be very strong eventually.
bugs or country chickens

Offline NEUROSPORT

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 07:27:23 pm »
this reminds me of vegan parents whose child died from malnutrition.  they didn't breast feed him because milk is an animal product.

i wish i was kidding.  but people ARE this dumb.

a word of advice - don't experiment on your baby until he/she reaches puberty.  during the first ~15 years of life or so the most important thing is not to be deficient in anything.  it's when you are an adult when u need to worry about eliminating all of the things from the diet that don't belong in there.

keep in mind science is usually wrong.  the best way to be safe is to use variety ...

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 04:59:22 am »
    The Bear says infants do well on raw chop meat from the beginning.  Aajonus also shows where babies who got sick from commercial infant feeding do splendidly on raw chop meat.

Raw egg yolk has always been a great stand-by for babies first "solid" food, as breast-milk is said to get low in iron somewhere between four months and one year.

"Iron is found in food in two forms, heme and non-heme iron.
Heme iron, which makes up 40 percent of the iron in meat, poultry (incl. eggs, in particular the yolks), breast milk and fish is well absorbed.

Non-heme iron, 60 percent of the iron in animal tissue and all the iron in plants (fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts) is less well absorbed."
The Vegan Resource Group

Primal diet infant video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54OGGE6zdXk

Now I don't agree with all of the below.  One thing is I doubt paleo African mothers so long ago bothered to freeze their beef liver for fourteen days, yet I'm still sure their liver fed babies thrived.

From the healthyhomeeconomist.blogspo- right-way-to-feed-babies:

"Egg yolk from pastured chickens contain ample amounts of omega 3 fatty acids and natural cholesterol which are critical to a child's mental development and may be lacking in breastmilk depending on the quality of the mother's diet.    Children who receive sufficient omega 3 fats in their diet tend to speak clearly and understand verbal direction from the parents at a very early age.    I just went back and looked at my children's baby books and all 3 of them (even the boys) spoke short sentences by 15-17 months of age (with first words at around 7 months).   While these sentences were very simple ("Get that", "Don't want that", "More of this") I have no doubt that getting ample omega 3's from their diet played a big part in their ease of communicating at an early age with clear enough diction to be understood by even those outside the family.

At about 6 months of age, a bit of raw, grassfed beef or buffalo liver can be grated into the warm egg yolk for baby to eat.    This mimics the traditional practice of African mother's who would chew raw liver and then give small amounts to their babies as a first food.    Make sure that the raw liver is frozen for a minimum of 14 days as recommended by the USDA to eliminate any concern over parasites.    Mashed banana is also a wonderful carbohydrate to add around this time as banana digests very easily due to the copious amounts of amylase present - no need for baby's small intestine to produce it herself.

At the age of 10 months or so, pureed meats, fruits and vegetables can be added.   These foods should be introduced one at a time to reduce any chance of a reaction.  Best also to avoid high starch veggies like potatoes and sweet potato, which contain very complex starch molecules which are much more difficult to digest for baby than non starchy vegetables.    Take the time to make your babyfood at home with organic ingredients and mash the veggies with some deep yellow, grassfed butter.   Consumption of veggies with a bit of healthy fat like butter increases mineral absorption tremendously!"

Also, if the butter is grass-fed raw and perhaps cultured, no vegetable beta-carotene would even come to mind.

I guess my milk had good fats.  My son who I've spoken about, he spoke five word well constructed sentences at thirteen months, no prompting of that.  Also understood and carried out complex commands at ten months.  Damn doctors didn't help, but to be there, just in case!
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 05:28:28 pm »
That's very impressive early development for your children RawZi!!  Congratulations.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did you breast feed your children?  What kind of diet were you following at the time? (was this in your vegan days?)
What foods did you first introduce to your children and at what age?

Some may recall that, before my 6month+ absence from this forum, I spoke about hopes to raise my son on as raw paleo a diet as possible.  We celebrated his first birthday last month.

Unfortunately, things have not worked out as I would have preferred and I've been unable to get him to eat any meats at all so far.  In fact, even now, he eats very little and is still largely raised on his mother's milk.  Of course, we do ensure his mother eats a nutritious diet rich in animal foods but as my partner's not RPD we've compromised on a largely Weston Price style diet for her whilst she's feeding and throughout pregnancy.

Certainly not from want of trying, the only foods we've so far managed to get my son to eat is unpasteurised grass-fed jersey butter, unpasteurised goat milk with raw egg yolk, unpasteurised sheep's cheese, scrambled egg and lightly griddled tuna.  He seems to be developing ok with a well developed facial structure, great teeth and physically strong body.  He's not yet walking unaided or talking apart from 'mum mum', 'dad dad', 'bye bye' etc.  

We're not overly concerned yet and I'm not personally convinced it's necessary for them to eat solids until they're actually ready such as would be indicated, for instance, by a good mouth of teeth for chewing etc.  I think the blended concoctions many parents force down their young child probably causes more harm than good!

1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk