Author Topic: Fiber or no fiber? Hemorrhoid problems.  (Read 27272 times)

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Fiber or no fiber? Hemorrhoid problems.
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2010, 11:26:07 pm »
perhaps just give your intestines a rest and drink only water for a day or two.  whole leaf aloe juice is also a good option as it is thick and soothing to the digestive system
after you do this then reintroduce easier to digest things such as eggs, fat, liver, fish...with plenty of water...if you are eating too much salt it will definitely pull moisture from your body, try to find a better balance

kombucha is pretty wicked stuff, i am pretty sure it starts to live inside your body somewhat detrimentally and dont recommend it, it is a "symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast" which is why its apt to flair up yeast infections or something similar

i have used em from emamerica.com...for farming and eating purposes...i think the best way to insure you are getting the proper microorganisms from these substances is to referment them...you can do this by creating bokashi(pretty sure the process is googleable) and them making a tea from those(not hot tea just adding water so you dont have to ingest the plant matter), the same process can be used for soil building

Sweet, awesome idea,  refermenting e.m ... shldve thought of that ... i now have high meat & a bacteria concentrated dung environment to try out lol

I wonder what my raw friends will think of taking raw fermented compost dissolved in a liquid ...

Offline Dissident

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 08:41:59 pm »
   Who lives in Thailand?  

Many ground beefs are lean.  Suet isn't the only raw animal fat.  There's grass grazed cultured butter, grass grazed beef marrow, hide or backfat, brain and a few more.  What is highland liver?  I think 80% of your calories should be fat.  

Cheese is not a fat, unless it is made 100% of butter.  On the primal diet it is recommended to never eat cheese alone.  That you have to eat an equal size portion of fat with it.  Cheese is not considered a food in primal diet.  It is considered a supplement.  It is considered too dry and lacking in moisture to be a food.  Do not eat cheese without fat.

I know I couldn't handle three cups of apple juice a day, not even one.  If you want to fast from food and heal that way, maybe you could try a green juice and raw egg fast.  I know either one of those foods makes me go to the bathroom and doesn't inflame nor rip anything.  Aajonus also recommends if you want to fast to use those two rather than fruit, water or fruit juices.  In my Living Food LifestyleTM training too, we were taught never to waterfast nor juice fast.  We also never went all fruit for more than a day per week.

goodsamaritan lives in Thailand AFAIK.

My ground beef is indeed lean. I live in Canada, there is no such thing as a commercially available grass-grazed raw butter. There are also no farmers to my knowledge anywhere near in my town who could offer me raw animal products, and from grassfed cows would be even harder to find. I have stopped eating cheese, so this is good to know, but when I ate it I always ate it with salmon before.

I pretty much eat by instinct already, and my instincts don't tell me to consume 80% calories from fat... in fact I rarely ever feel like eating a fattening food. I was never really appealed by fat. I will never crave an avocado or a fatty organ. On the other hand, I crave juiy fruits all the time. Most likely because I am very dehydrated. I started a round of accutane a few weeks ago, combined with high percentage raw meat, low fat diet and my current water source being Distilled water... makes sense that I would crave those.

What I'm thinking about doing is mixing up some Liver in my ground beef in order to make it easier to get some liver down since I don't find it appealing at all. I don't dislike it but just don't particularly feel like eating it by itself. I'm also going to go fill up some bottles at a spring I just found out about. That water should be much more hydrating.

Also, the colon cleansing kit that I have specifically mentions fasting on liquids only for best results. Any solid food would reduce its cleansing abilities greatly. If I take up the habit of fasting, then yes I think it makes more sense to use eggs and greens.

You need to give high fat zero carb a chance. You will not be passing big frequent poops like you are used to. But you will never adapt otherwise.

Yeah maybe, I made the mistake of eating zero carb but it wasn't high fat and it made me constipated. As it is, I need a small amount of fiber there is no doubt in my mind. I would like to experiment with the diet but the high fat part is very difficult to apply for me. My diet contains very very little fat and I have no idea how to go about changing it, other than using liver. I don't think I want to be eating liver every day though, or it being my main source of fat.

Offline Dissident

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 08:54:34 pm »
   I tried kombucha again after starting raw meat.  The kombucha made me feel all foggy.  I think it gave me an internal yeast infestation too.  Kickstart the bacteria with highmeats, or take an E.M. supplement.

I think klowcarb may be right.  When you start this diet, you have to go very low carb, otherwise it won't work the same in the colon.  I know one small bit of carb with red meat sets my system off kilter for a little bit.  I've read this happening to other people too.  

Maybe you should start instincto, not even thinking, just smell things till you find something your nose enjoys, then eat that alone until you are satisfied.  Then maybe your digestion won't be so confused.

What are you eating now?  I ate a lot of fiber regularly before I started RAF.  I switched directly to 100% RAF (high fat grass grazed).  PRIOR to trying RAF I was constipated for years.  Following a strict RAF diet I have never experienced bowel problems again.    

Raw grass grazed kefir is good when you need to heal your veg damaged gut.  Were you vegan for long?

I remember a Rasta girl, strict veg, raw vegan, hadn't pooped in four months, and practically all she ate was super sweet fruit.  She finally had colonics.  It was difficult getting out all those "rocks" from her colon.  They cut her.  Eventually she turned to fish, and it worked much better for her health.

I used to drink kombucha in the past, didn't feel any particular benefits from it and I had it daily.

My nose enjoys raw meat and fruits basically almost all the time. I loved the smell of fish too but don't eat it anymore because I found out I had very high levels of mercury from a hair mineral analysis. Fwiw: I am very very rarely constipated when I have a decent amount of fiber in my diet. The times where I have flair ups is when I don't eat much fiber at all in one day, ie: eating eggs, fruits and meats. And then I put too much strain when I go. Doing this has aggravated my hemorrhoids, most likely because I don't have enough fat to help. Also sedentary lifestyle (doing more exercise now).

I was never truly vegan as I ate honey, but I had no other animal products for about 2 or 3 months before I decided to re-implement some cheese that wasn't raw. I was vegetarian for about 6 months. I was taking probiotic supplements or colostrum near the end, and lots of sauerkraut after that.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 09:01:12 pm »
When I eat lots of raw fat(it's also happened to be lamb when it's been worst, but it could just be because the lamb I've had has been higher in fat than the beef), why does it seem to just sit and 'rot' in my system, make my lips dry, make my muscles ache, make me feel devoid of energy and nauseous?

Edit: This fat has been from: Lamb Chops, Neck of Lamb, Lamb Ribs & Shoulder of Lamb. All have lots of fat...
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 09:17:08 pm »
When I eat lots of raw fat(it's also happened to be lamb when it's been worst, but it could just be because the lamb I've had has been higher in fat than the beef), why does it seem to just sit and 'rot' in my system, make my lips dry, make my muscles ache, make me feel devoid of energy and nauseous?

Edit: This fat has been from: Lamb Chops, Neck of Lamb, Lamb Ribs & Shoulder of Lamb. All have lots of fat...

Increase your intake of organs, & those symptoms will disappear

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 10:53:12 pm »
goodsamaritan lives in Thailand AFAIK.

Philippines, no?

I live in Canada, there is no such thing as a commercially available grass-grazed raw butter. There are also no farmers to my knowledge anywhere near in my town who could offer me raw animal products, and from grassfed cows would be even harder to find. I have stopped eating cheese, so this is good to know, but when I ate it I always ate it with salmon before.

Hidefat or backfat from goats or sheep?  Whereabout in Canada are you in?  You can tell me that privately, if you don't want to tell the whole forum.

I pretty much eat by instinct already, and my instincts don't tell me to consume 80% calories from fat... in fact I rarely ever feel like eating a fattening food. I was never really appealed by fat. I will never crave an avocado or a fatty organ. On the other hand, I crave juiy fruits all the time. Most likely because I am very dehydrated. I started a round of accutane a few weeks ago, combined with high percentage raw meat, low fat diet and my current water source being Distilled water... makes sense that I would crave those.

Which fatty organs?  Brain, the suet on kidneys or the suet on heart?  I was always dehydrating no matter how much juicy fruit I ate.  Raw grass grazed cultured animal fat made me feel truly hydrated for the first time I can ever remember.  Accutane is another story.  The fat may absorb that and make more problems.  Maybe going for a hydrophilic diet as opposed to a hydrophobic diet may work better with accutane.

What I'm thinking about doing is mixing up some Liver in my ground beef in order to make it easier to get some liver down since I don't find it appealing at all. I don't dislike it but just don't particularly feel like eating it by itself. I'm also going to go fill up some bottles at a spring I just found out about. That water should be much more hydrating.

I like plain liver, but I hate ground meat.  I tolerate ground meat better with liver blended into it.  It is more appealing, IMO.

Also, the colon cleansing kit that I have specifically mentions fasting on liquids only for best results. Any solid food would reduce its cleansing abilities greatly. If I take up the habit of fasting, then yes I think it makes more sense to use eggs and greens.

Colon cleansing kits are normally high fiber.  Fiber is hydrophilic.  It goes with water.  It does not go with fat at alllllll in my humble experience.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 10:59:47 pm »
I used to drink kombucha in the past, didn't feel any particular benefits from it and I had it daily.

Me too.  Only felt decent with it when I was non-paleo and making the kombucha myself or a trusted neighbor was.

My nose enjoys raw meat and fruits basically almost all the time. I loved the smell of fish too but don't eat it anymore because I found out I had very high levels of mercury from a hair mineral analysis. Fwiw: I am very very rarely constipated when I have a decent amount of fiber in my diet. The times where I have flair ups is when I don't eat much fiber at all in one day, ie: eating eggs, fruits and meats. And then I put too much strain when I go. Doing this has aggravated my hemorrhoids, most likely because I don't have enough fat to help. Also sedentary lifestyle (doing more exercise now).

Have you tried not previously frozen non-sashimi grade ocean fish raw?  Could you start climbing and doing tai chi or some kind of dancing where you twist your body?

I was never truly vegan as I ate honey, but I had no other animal products for about 2 or 3 months before I decided to re-implement some cheese that wasn't raw. I was vegetarian for about 6 months. I was taking probiotic supplements or colostrum near the end, and lots of sauerkraut after that.

Did you sour your own cabbage?  Did you use salt?  Did you try an E.M. that they recommend here?  High meats?  What kind of colostrum were you using?  Doesn't matter, not so paleo anyhow.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

William

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010, 11:37:09 pm »
and my instincts don't tell me to consume 80% calories from fat... in fact I rarely ever feel like eating a fattening food. I was never really appealed by fat. I will never crave an avocado or a fatty organ. On the other hand, I crave juiy fruits all the time.

Instincts are overruled by a lifetime of training; the result is we all become addicted to the sugar high from carbohydrates.
I freed myself with pemmican, it was very difficult.

Nobody needs fibre to shit, fat will do. It can take a few days.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 11:58:45 pm »
   I tried kombucha again after starting raw meat.  The kombucha made me feel all foggy.  I think it gave me an internal yeast infestation too.  Kickstart the bacteria with highmeats, or take an E.M. supplement.

I think klowcarb may be right.  When you start this diet, you have to go very low carb, otherwise it won't work the same in the colon.  I know one small bit of carb with red meat sets my system off kilter for a little bit.  I've read this happening to other people too.  

Maybe you should start instincto, not even thinking, just smell things till you find something your nose enjoys, then eat that alone until you are satisfied.  Then maybe your digestion won't be so confused.

What are you eating now?  I ate a lot of fiber regularly before I started RAF.  I switched directly to 100% RAF (high fat grass grazed).  PRIOR to trying RAF I was constipated for years.  Following a strict RAF diet I have never experienced bowel problems again.    

Raw grass grazed kefir is good when you need to heal your veg damaged gut.  Were you vegan for long?

I remember a Rasta girl, strict veg, raw vegan, hadn't pooped in four months, and practically all she ate was super sweet fruit.  She finally had colonics.  It was difficult getting out all those "rocks" from her colon.  They cut her.  Eventually she turned to fish, and it worked much better for her health.

Yes, i was a raw vegan for about 3 years, my colon is still recovering, leaky gut from all the fiber & veg, kombuchua helped alot,

even if i didnt poop for a day or two, i never became constipated

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 12:00:24 am »
Increase your intake of organs, & those symptoms will disappear

Why..? Why will it disappear with more organs? How do you know this and why is it happening in the first place?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 12:49:04 am »

You do know that dietary raw paleo fats and other really natural raw animal fats are not synonymous with fattening food.  You may have or have not tried eating a 100% raw diet comprised 80% of raw grass grazed animal fats and gained weight, you haven't said.  When I went ultra high (raw) fat, it took cellulite off me and put muscle on, it reshaped me.  I wasn't on accutane though.  I did have awful deep acne for years.  I avoided pharmaceuticals when it came to optional things like face skin pain and messed up looking skin.  Accutane is a dangerous drug.  It raises the triglycerides, which is a bigger danger toward heart disease than cholesterol ever really was.  Accuntane is really bad for people's livers too.  I do feel for you, as my acne made me suffer a lot too.  I just wish you well.  Raw animal fats fixed up my skin.  Raw animal fats fixed up my son's skin.  He had terrible acne for years too.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 12:57:18 am »
Yes, i was a raw vegan for about 3 years, my colon is still recovering, leaky gut from all the fiber & veg, kombuchua helped alot,

even if i didnt poop for a day or two, i never became constipated

Being 100% raw Living Food LifestyleTM ala AW herself's same way didn't constipate me, but for me to follow that lifestyle, I can't have too close contact with certain types of energies.  That's just something I haven't been able to do consistently for more than several months in years.  Raw fruitarian constipated me terribly.  To my recollection at the moment, at one time or another the rest of the vegan and raw vegan lifestyles constipated me as well, some so badly you can't afford it.  I guess I could live on green juice till it poisons me.

You make your own kombucha?  Glad you're healing.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2010, 01:21:37 am »
I was also suffering from chronic fatigue, no drive to make my own lol, i only took it once a week, made me space out like crazy ... anymore & im sure id've gone bit nuts lol, couldnt think straight

I'm just glad i never went back to the doctor i was told about a colostomy bag, if i still had colitis after 5 years bleh lol

Offline Dissident

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2010, 12:05:35 pm »
    Philippines, no?

Hidefat or backfat from goats or sheep?  Whereabout in Canada are you in?  You can tell me that privately, if you don't want to tell the whole forum.

Which fatty organs?  Brain, the suet on kidneys or the suet on heart?  I was always dehydrating no matter how much juicy fruit I ate.  Raw grass grazed cultured animal fat made me feel truly hydrated for the first time I can ever remember.  Accutane is another story.  The fat may absorb that and make more problems.  Maybe going for a hydrophilic diet as opposed to a hydrophobic diet may work better with accutane.

I like plain liver, but I hate ground meat.  I tolerate ground meat better with liver blended into it.  It is more appealing, IMO.

Colon cleansing kits are normally high fiber.  Fiber is hydrophilic.  It goes with water.  It does not go with fat at alllllll in my humble experience.

I don't have access to organs or suet coming from grassfed animals. I did inform myself though and its possible that I get heart and tongue from grassfed animals. How should I go about eating such a diet? Can you tell me what your high fat diet looks like for example?

Offline Dissident

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2010, 12:08:32 pm »
    Me too.  Only felt decent with it when I was non-paleo and making the kombucha myself or a trusted neighbor was.

Have you tried not previously frozen non-sashimi grade ocean fish raw?  Could you start climbing and doing tai chi or some kind of dancing where you twist your body?

Did you sour your own cabbage?  Did you use salt?  Did you try an E.M. that they recommend here?  High meats?  What kind of colostrum were you using?  Doesn't matter, not so paleo anyhow.

No never tried it. I don't know if I could find the motivation to do these things.

No, I was just buying organic sauerkraut. Never tried an E.M. First batch of high meat is on its way right now, never tried it before. Colostrum in powder form, both raw and pasteurized.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2010, 12:23:34 pm »
No never tried it. I don't know if I could find the motivation to do these things.

No, I was just buying organic sauerkraut. Never tried an E.M. First batch of high meat is on its way right now, never tried it before. Colostrum in powder form, both raw and pasteurized.

:) Glad you are making highmeat.  Glad you are healing.  I know I feel amazing eating a high meat.  I wish you the very best!

I don't have access to organs or suet coming from grassfed animals. I did inform myself though and its possible that I get heart and tongue from grassfed animals. How should I go about eating such a diet? Can you tell me what your high fat diet looks like for example?

I eat raw A2 grassfed dairy from a small old fashioned family farm nearby.  I eat cream and fertile egg smoothies.  I culture the cream.  I eat cultured grassfed unsalted butter.  I eat buffalo suet.  I eat buffalo hide fat.  I eat grass fed marrow.  I eat whatever (proper raw) fat I can get.  I feel good to eat fat first, until satiated, and then eat the meat.

Heart isn't very fatty, but it does have nice suet fat.  Tongue, so far I only really like from buffalo.  It's great meat, I love it's fattiness.  No need to add fat to the tongue.

I'm just glad i never went back to the doctor i was told about a colostomy bag, if i still had colitis after 5 years bleh lol

Bleh is right!  Nobody wants that very much.  Good thing you changed your path!

Offline Dissident

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2010, 02:36:15 pm »
Your diet sounds really good. Do you live in California? It's the only state where you can buy raw dairy products in the US right?

Which meat is better to use for high meat? Small cubes of lean meat? For how long should I age it before eating it? I don't want to puke on my first time so maybe I should go easy?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2010, 03:03:34 pm »
Do you live in California? It's the only state where you can buy raw dairy products in the US right?

Every single US state has completely different dairy laws from the state next to it.

Example:
ARIZONA

Summary:

Arizona permits the sale of raw milk and raw milk products as long as they carry the required warning label. Their sale can take place on the farm and in grocery stores. Farmers selling raw milk and cream must obtain a producer-distributor license. Selling other raw dairy products requires obtaining a producer-manufacturer license in addition. There must be state approved bottling equipment on the farm. There are currently two licensed farms selling raw milk and raw milk products in the state.

I think there are twenty-eight US states where you can buy raw milk.  Very few of those can you buy it from a store.  There are "cow shares", religious exemptions etc.

Offline Dissident

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2010, 03:50:29 pm »
Do you think it is worth it to relocate to the US for that reason alone?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2010, 04:02:25 pm »
Do you think it is worth it to relocate to the US for that reason alone?

Depends on which state.  I know some states are referred to as "Nazi states" by the big raw milk farmers, as the laws are really ridiculous in some.

You're in Canada, right?  Didn't milk farmer Mike Schmidt just win a big court case there, and he's still distributing milk?  I think I read something about it today.

There are other fats anyway.  You should do fine on any grass grazed fat.  It doesn't have to be dairy cream, does it? 

Dairy can be really expensive here.  Suet is much less expensive.  I just grate it, and mix it with chunks of meat.  It's your choice.  If you want dairy, pick a place where you can get it.

I can't believe this "free world".  They tie us up trying to find edible food.  How evil is that?  Only those that can survive a while on cooked sick SAD food are free to eat.  They do this for our own good.  What would we do with abundant health?  That may be the question.

Offline Dissident

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2010, 04:37:53 pm »
I see. Yeah I read about that also but he's in Ontario. I'm in Montreal...

100% with you on this... it's (literally) making me sick.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2010, 01:08:10 am »
I see. Yeah I read about that also but he's in Ontario. I'm in Montreal...

100% with you on this... it's (literally) making me sick.

You can move to the right state or province, and get yourself well.  So SAD that people have to move because of unfounded laws, or be sick.  I guess there's always some sort of choice.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2010, 09:55:14 am »
Are you kidding? Fiber is a poison irritating the colon. Eat lots of fat, especially saturated fat, like 80% fat, and NO plant foods.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk