Author Topic: List of traditional raw meat dishes  (Read 52173 times)

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: List of traditional raw meat dishes
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2011, 02:51:46 am »
i wouldn't advise jerky as a staple, and me personally, i am better off not eating at all than eating even 'raw' jerky.  making jerky out of delicious, fresh grass-fed meet is as much a shame as cooking it. 

I just thought it would keep when travelling and camping.  What do you do when travelling?  Lug around a big cooler of ice and meat cuts?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 03:34:33 am »
I just thought it would keep when travelling and camping.  What do you do when travelling?  Lug around a big cooler of ice and meat cuts?
Well Ioanna and other RZCers no doubt are forced to do other things, but I usually just eat some raw fruit when travelling between airports. At worst, I will have sushi, but I hate that.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2011, 04:02:10 am »
Well Ioanna and other RZCers no doubt are forced to do other things, but I usually just eat some raw fruit when travelling between airports. At worst, I will have sushi, but I hate that.

I was thinking more along the lines of taking a road trip or camping.  Travel that could last for weeks or longer.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 06:12:31 am »
  Pemmican isn't raw, jerky is only raw if heated at 104 degrees Fahrenheit/40 degress Centigrade or below.

105 degrees is cooking and 104 isn't?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2011, 07:26:57 am »
105 degrees is cooking and 104 isn't?
  Yep. After the 104 limit, enzymes start getting destroyed.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 10:21:38 am »

i haven't had the opportunity to travel more than a week at a time in quite a while.  when i do travel, it is either work-related, or to see family/friends.  so bringing food with me on work trips is not a problem, and travels for personal reasons are somewhere that i already know where to get meat or can look up online where to get meat. 

as for your situation, i'm all for home-made jerky as an alternative/convenience for travel, especially if you cannot eat fruits as td does.  i just meant that i wouldn't eat jerky as a staple, it's just not the same. 

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 09:15:39 pm »
i haven't had the opportunity to travel more than a week at a time in quite a while.  when i do travel, it is either work-related, or to see family/friends.  so bringing food with me on work trips is not a problem, and travels for personal reasons are somewhere that i already know where to get meat or can look up online where to get meat. 

as for your situation, i'm all for home-made jerky as an alternative/convenience for travel, especially if you cannot eat fruits as td does.  i just meant that i wouldn't eat jerky as a staple, it's just not the same. 

Okay, thanks.  I was trying to find out what others do for travel.  I know it probably isn't as issue for many, who may not travel much or else are able to plan everything in advance.  But I am interested in camping and such.  Like I have said before, I just need to learn to hunt/trap/fish and identify edible wild plants and fruit.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 09:17:13 pm »
I am surprised no one mentioned road kill.  I ought to just keep a set of tools for butchering in my car.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk