Author Topic: bad mistake  (Read 11876 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
bad mistake
« on: June 27, 2010, 07:28:56 pm »
So a few days ago I made the mistake of combining raw chunks of beef and cooked sausage in my stomach. For the last 2 days i have felt pain in my stomach and occasionally get the runs. It seems to feel better when I eat, which for the last 2 days has been strictly (at separate times of the day) raw egg yolks, some raw beef, yogurt, and some bananas. I took some pepto as well. But a little bit after I eat, I begin to acquire gurgling noises in my stomach, followed by a bloating feeling and pain. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this or will go away on its own? Could it possibly be a parasite? If it was, how does one get rid of a parasite?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: bad mistake
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 08:10:00 pm »
That sucks. Today my tummy is not 100% because of those Thai tamarinds I tried.  I'm not having them again.

It really depends on the pain you are having and the things you may wish to try.  

Things I've tried:

- fasting
- eating raw zero carb
- eating fatty roasted pork

If something seems stuck in your gut, there's good old castor oil.

My wife likes zapping with a hulda clark type zapper.  If it is parasite related, we have herbal parasite cleansers from www.barefootherbalistmh.com

If you are constipated, a colon cleanser will do you good... but castor oil should do the same thing.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 12:36:14 am »
Can someone explain to me why mixing raw and cooked meat is bad?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 05:54:42 am »
    One reason is the raw meat is not constipating.  Combining those two could be confusing to your digestion.  Your digestive system recognizes it's getting great raw meat, and maybe you'll detox (the sausage).  Also the cooked sausage will be good material to encourage detox "caused" by microbes.  There's so many reasons I don't think it's good to combine the two, but there's a start.  If you have a choice of all cooked, or cooked sausage and raw meat, for me, the healthier choice would be to include the raw.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 07:51:16 am »
Dr. Henry Bieler says we should not embarass our digestive systems by eating a combination of animal meats.

Just eat one kind of meat at a time.

Sequential eating.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 11:27:05 pm »
    One reason is the raw meat is not constipating.  Combining those two could be confusing to your digestion.  Your digestive system recognizes it's getting great raw meat, and maybe you'll detox (the sausage).  Also the cooked sausage will be good material to encourage detox "caused" by microbes.  There's so many reasons I don't think it's good to combine the two, but there's a start.  If you have a choice of all cooked, or cooked sausage and raw meat, for me, the healthier choice would be to include the raw.

What about people ordering medium-rare beef in restaurants ?

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 02:31:14 am »
When I started eating raw, I always ate some meat raw and the rest cooked. Pretty much with every meal. It never seems to have caused me problems, though I should mention that I also ate other cooked foods with it like rice and vegetables, also some raw pickled vegetables.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 04:35:49 am »

I don't know.  I guess many people do well with that.  I've never done well with medium rare beef, bison or buffalo.  They just make me sick no matter how small portion/bite I tried.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 05:32:58 am »

I eat rare (blue) steaks in restaurants at times.
I never felt sick from that.  -\
But my stomach really is NOT sensitive.. ;) I think I could maybe digest stones.. -d

Inger

Offline NEUROSPORT

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 09:43:32 pm »
Dr. Henry Bieler says we should not embarass our digestive systems by eating a combination of animal meats.

Just eat one kind of meat at a time.

Sequential eating.

if you think about it - humans never used to combine foods while they were hunters / gatherers.  it is only when you have a 20 cubic foot refrigerator with 50 different foods in it that you start to combine them in meals.  if you're on foot all day and you catch an animal - what are you going to combine it with ?

hm ...

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 10:11:36 pm »
I find food combining necessary. Eating a food by itself usually means it will irritate my stomach and not digest properly. An intact stomach is required to accept a food by itself, let alone digest it.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 10:18:46 pm »
lulwut?

If the food you're eating in unpleasant, maybe you just shouldn't be eating it...?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 10:20:31 pm »
This goes for almost every food, if it's not in a mix with other food, I can't digest it correctly.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 10:31:42 pm »
Then maybe almost every food is something you shouldn't be eating...
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 11:05:57 pm »
Maybe I shouldn't eat anything then.

Offline NEUROSPORT

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 01:22:31 am »
Well i hear what you're saying Moon.  I think SOME foods might be quite hard on their own.  For example nuts.  If you have a pound of nuts all by themselves in one shot you're looking at some serious discomfort at best :)

Also a food consisting entirely out of spinach or celery is likely to leave you starving to death.

Some mixing can be a good thing i guess - for example i like to blend spinach with apples.  But i wouldn't try to blend spinach with eggs for example.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 02:58:16 am »
Well, you can't have problems digesting animal [meat+fat] on its' own.

Maybe not...  >D

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 04:02:14 am »
Well, you can't have problems digesting animal [meat+fat] on its' own.
Yes you can.

Maybe. Have you tried an elimination diet before to get tabs on what truly does bother your digestion and what doesn't?
Also, is your meat/fat grass-finished? I can't handle grain-finished; messes me up almost as bad as if I ate the grains themselves. If you haven't given them a try this might be a good time.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 04:13:25 am »
Hey djr, have you heard of lamb being grass-fed, but fed roots in winter? What do you think of that compared to full-grass or grass/grain?

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 07:30:42 am »
Hey djr, have you heard of lamb being grass-fed, but fed roots in winter? What do you think of that compared to full-grass or grass/grain?
I had not heard of it but it doesn't surprise me.
From what I can gather online about their natural diet as well as just thinking about how they naturally graze it seems like it's just as bad a practice as grain. 100% grass feed, while better, is not the best choice for sheep either. Natural pasture, with all sorts of grass, weeds, and flowers is the way to go.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 08:06:59 am »
It's not a particular food intolerance. My stomach is so sensitive and disfigured that it needs everything in a mix so it can handle it. Would be nice not to eat anything.....

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 09:22:19 am »
It's not a particular food intolerance. My stomach is so sensitive and disfigured that it needs everything in a mix so it can handle it. Would be nice not to eat anything.....
What do you mean exactly by mix? food combining usually means combining appropriate foods or avoiding complex combinations for ease of digestion. I've never heard of the reverse.

raw meats tend to not combine well with green plant matter which is great for cooked meats. raw animals foods/fats usually combine fine for most together, and some do ok with plant fats with meats. Starches are usually terrible with raw or cooked meats, although some here have mentioned enjoying that combination.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 11:27:11 am »
My nerves are badly damaged so they need food combining. Starches actually did a good job of protecting my stomach and made digestion easier. I want to try sauerkraut/meat combo as suggested by another member. Hopefully I'll be able to mono-eat, eventually.

Does anything in particular happen when you combine green plants with meat, or do you just find it unappetizing? It makes sense for it not to work due to different composition and digestion processes.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 12:03:49 pm »
sorry if it seems critical, but I'm confused how you are using terminology.
and what you are experiencing specificially .

the classic reason given for combining plants and raw meats (other than complete demonizing of vegetables) is involving the different PH requirements but the real problems are more in drastically slowing down digestion and affecting transit time. its a physical thing, not a preference. herbs and leaves or condiment type vegetables are slightly different. I'm not saying it will kill you (although it might make any dubious bacteria more dubious or meat ferment internally) but I don't understand the connection to nerve damage yet nevermind improving it. Is it that the meat just passes through too quickly and is too light? I know some raw-vegans that would mis-combine foods sometimes just to balance themselves out in some sense, less spacey. Have you tried mixing animal foods like eggs with meat in some kind of sauce?

sauerkraut is great with cooked meat. It is already somewhat predigested so it might be better than harder cellulose but there is also all the different bacteria at play.

My nerves are badly damaged so they need food combining. Starches actually did a good job of protecting my stomach and made digestion easier.
can you expand on this? was it something someone else said or you had various symptoms with just animal food meals (meat/fats/eggs etc..)? What were those symptoms specifically? I definitely relate to having special requirements/needs, but I can't understand the basic mechanism here.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 10:44:18 pm »
I have not tried combining meat with a reasonable amount of fat yet. I experience irritation if I do mono-eating, some foods higher some foods lower. Most raw meat is minimally irritating but does not satisfy hunger. Some of the worst foods include fruit, which I usually find a need to consume with starch to protect my stomach. Otherwise I some get some pain, increased hunger, and indigestion symptoms. Plain fruits such as cucumber especially do this and intensify hunger. I remember a time when my typical meal consisted of a starch, meat, and fruit as that seemed to reduce symptoms.

To put a long story short, my stomach needs to be shielded by food such as starch when eating other foods, or risk effects such as increased hunger, indigestion, and irritation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk