Author Topic: Treadmill vs Elliptical Trainer  (Read 5179 times)

Offline alicefred

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • Fashion Trends
Treadmill vs Elliptical Trainer
« on: June 30, 2010, 08:03:07 pm »
I want to lose 30 Lbs to get back into shape. I am on Raw Paleo diet and go for a walk every day. Just looking at buying a new exercise equipment for my home gym, but can't decide between treadmill and elliptical trainer. I have used both equipments at our local gym and impressed with the results. Both are available at http://www.dealrocker.com with good discounts. Can anyone point me in the right direction and help me to choose the best one?

Any advice and recommendations are welcome.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Treadmill vs Elliptical Trainer
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 09:30:23 pm »
First question is why not save the money and jog/run outside? The sunlight and fresh air help just as much as the exercising itself IMO.

So far as treadmill v. elliptical how are your joints? If you've got stiff knees, etc. I'd definitely recommend the elliptical over the treadmill.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 12:40:50 am »
well, the elliptical is a gimmick - its not really a natural human movement.
walk even more, DANCE!, hike, run, sprint or jog - with proper form, with minimal footwear or barefoot. slowly relearn proper alignment and coordination. save your money to buy high quality food, a good jumprope, acupuncture, etc.
if you really want to lose weight and gain healthy muscle, short burst high intensity interval training will work better than long slow cardio.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 05:20:14 am »
I hope you are doing weights in addition to cardio.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk