Author Topic: Wisdom teeth anyone?  (Read 6402 times)

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Wisdom teeth anyone?
« on: July 05, 2010, 12:13:26 am »
My dentist says I should get my wisdom teeth removed for no apparent reason so I'm not going to. I told him my teeth dont hurt and I feel fine, and he said "well you should get them out before they even start to hurt." I told him "you guys told me 2 years ago that I should get my wisdom teeth out soon when they start to hurt and to come in right away when they do. A whole 2 years went by and pain free."

My question to you all out there is how bad is it to have your wisdom teeth removed? Also, some of my bottom teeth are slightly crooked. I read a post by someone on this forum that said his teeth became straight when he went on this raw diet. Do any of you think thats true? I noticed many people's jaws get wider and this may give people sufficient room for teeth to straighten. IDK but does anyone know anything about this?
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Wisdom teeth anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 01:28:23 am »
it's pretty simple, if they don't bother you keep it.

i had to remove mine long time ago because they were growing sideways.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 02:09:27 am »
mine are out because my mouth would have been too crowded, but i waited until they actually started coming in. my mom has beautiful teeth and never had her wisdom teeth pulled because she didn't need to.

My question to you all out there is how bad is it to have your wisdom teeth removed?

I think it wasn't too bad. I just remember I wasn't allowed to swim for a week because the pressure would make them bleed more/slow healing.

I read a post by someone on this forum that said his teeth became straight when he went on this raw diet. Do any of you think thats true? I noticed many people's jaws get wider and this may give people sufficient room for teeth to straighten. IDK but does anyone know anything about this?

IDK, and interested to know if it's true. I'm skeptical though because I used to have braces, and I still wear my retainer a couple times a month just to keep my teeth aligned.  My teeth start to shift back when I don't wear it for a long time.  I'm assuming they are shifting back to the original placement.

Some people have such obvious outward changes such as wider jaw. I've really not noticed any changes in me outwardly. Is your jaw getting wider?  Interested to know how this affects room for teeth to grow properly.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 03:25:38 am »
Yes I noticed my jaw right away. Not that the bone itself is growing, but as if there is more muscle around my jaw.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

- women's health member

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 07:37:54 am »
I had my wisdom teeth removed a long time ago.It sucked.I was on pain killers for a couple days.I'm pretty sure it was the right decision because my teeth are good but it's a pretty tight fit.I can see how it could have been a problem if I would have kept them.
If you don't remove them,you risk having to both take them out later and crooked teeth to boot.So,then you would have to deal with braces or whatever.
Anyway,if you think your body can "adapt" to the changes,then that's even better.You do have some time on your side.But if you see some teeth starting to get crooked or feel some pain....then yeah,I would do it.

Btw,dentists screwed me with fillings when I was a kid.They kept making them bigger and bigger until I needed crowns put in.I wish I knew then what I know now,I would have made sure I had no cavities to begin with.Man,ignorance is not bliss >:
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 08:28:01 am »
LOL and Ive said a bunch of times on this forum that its funny how there are ingredients in toothpaste that can rot your teeth, so now your brushing your teeth, getting cavities, going to the dentist, getting a crown, and so on and so on. Im not saying its a conspiracy theory but it is funny how that cycle works to make the field of dentistry more $. >D

- women's health member

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 09:12:10 am »
Are you saying that government is currupt and purposely making us unhealthy so they can make more money? That's just silly they would never put money ahead of our health. l)
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 09:33:08 am »
I haven't brushed my teeth for a few months. Everything has been perfectly fine, except one thing.

I started not brushing my teeth not long after I started eating meat only, and I hadn't eaten any meat which left stuff stuck between my teeth(now most meat I eat does, but I pick it out afterwards which isn't hard). So.. When soon after, I ate some meat which left residue between my teeth I did not really do anything about it, at least over night. Anyway, I picked the stuff out(and have since then) the next day probably before I went out but saw that a yellow stain had been left, which still remains. There is nothing else I can see than the stain, nor is there any pain, and it's small but... What could this be?

Also, since I got messed up from trying to eat lamb again, I've been trying out some plant-foods, so I don't know how that will work with not-brushing. No problems noticed so far, though..
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 09:45:40 am »
I still brush to avoid slime and stuff. Theres nothing wrong with using a toothbrush without toothpaste

- women's health member

Offline STZGluten Free

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 01:23:12 pm »
I had two of mine removed but the others are still in. The pain was not to bad but I would have an Oral Surgeon do it.
Steve Zgourides
Diagnoised Celiac Disease 2009
www.myglutenfreezone.net

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 02:40:05 pm »
I haven't brushed my teeth for a few months. Everything has been perfectly fine, except one thing.

I started not brushing my teeth not long after I started eating meat only, and I hadn't eaten any meat which left stuff stuck between my teeth(now most meat I eat does, but I pick it out afterwards which isn't hard). So.. When soon after, I ate some meat which left residue between my teeth I did not really do anything about it, at least over night. Anyway, I picked the stuff out(and have since then) the next day probably before I went out but saw that a yellow stain had been left, which still remains. There is nothing else I can see than the stain, nor is there any pain, and it's small but... What could this be?

Also, since I got messed up from trying to eat lamb again, I've been trying out some plant-foods, so I don't know how that will work with not-brushing. No problems noticed so far, though..
I don't know what the stain is but you should try oil pulling.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 10:47:23 am »
I had four removed at once many years ago. If I had my time back I would have left them in. Why? Because I have developed a very serious distrust of the medical community. I believe that they are only guessing with a lot of their prognoses. Since becoming a raw food eater I am even more convinced. Personally, I would leave them in till a problem started.

Having read some of the Weston Price, Aajonus and Pottinger material I am even more completely sold on the opinion that I hold dear of the medical community.
Cheers
Al

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 11:29:07 am »
I totally agree with you raw al, and in the book I am writing, I am putting a lot in it about nutrition, pharmaceutical, and medical deception.

- women's health member

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk